• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Copy paste of my last comment about Genos

The thing with this feat though, is that the AP is tied with the DC. He doesn't harm EC and there's no statements making the feat better than what was shown. What we see is what we get, and we don't get that much.

But to explain

• 15 * (541/21/2) = 193.21 meter radius
Current forumla for explsions is: Y = ((x/0.28)^3). Where Y is in kilotons and x is radius in kilometers. Then we divide by two to account that its not nuclear.

• Y = ((x/0.28)^3)
  • Y = ((0.193214/0.28)^3)
  • Y = ((0.69005)^3)
  • Y = 0.32858 / 2
  • Y = 0.16429
  • 0.16429 KT = 6.8738936e+11 Joules = 8-A
And the above is a massive highball since the orange line went for the furthest shockwave rather than the actual fireball. The feat just doesn't get anything notable. Its at most Low 7-C.

Copy pasting my request too.

Also, If we have a pixel scaler here than can someone please calculate this feat of Genos. I think that this can deliver some much possible results to upgrade Genos to city level Atleast.

"Priority: 2 (Scales to most mid tier characters and affects their AP, DC and Durability)

Verse: One-Punch Man

Feat:

https://s6.mkklcdnv6.com/**********...nga_online_free3/chapter_84_escalation/48.jpg

https://s6.mkklcdnv6.com/**********...nga_online_free3/chapter_84_escalation/51.jpg

• Genos's spiral incineration cannon that was launched to destroy Elder Centipede. Please calculate it's AP and DC".

Probably. But this could get Genos his upgrade, He's already mountain level by the evidence showcased in the series. I'm just looking for an additional calculation to back this furthermore atleast.

I've been advocating for upgrades more than almost anyone here and even I don't think Genos is mountain level. He didn't even destroy half of a mountain.

I still feel like this calc could get low 7-B or high 7-C+ if properly looked into.

You're talking about arms set 2 Genos that was like introduced in the very beginning after arm set 1. It's like scaling Goku off Kid goku. And you don't have to blow up a mountain to be mountain level.

Tetsucabrah said:
I've been advocating for upgrades more than almost anyone here and even I don't think Genos is mountain level. He didn't even destroy half of a mountain.

I still feel like this calc could get low 7-B or high 7-C+ if properly looked into.

I also do not get why Goketsu isn't Island level when both previously and again his feat was calculated to be Island level, Is there an anti feat or an outlier that puts him below that? I don't think so. If there isn't something that contradicts the calculation we should've taken him as island level.

I also Found some things that looked iffy in the calculation of genos's previous mountain Blast.

Why did the previous calculation resulted as mountain level, I'm pretty sure that the previous calculation took the account of the size of the mountain from all perspectives. I don't where that 610 metres height came from when we already had evaluated the height of the mountain from pixel calculation. The calculation should be regarded as mountain level if we took it from the account of the size of the mountains shown. It's also the fact that in violent fragmentation, The rubble is left. But in the scene itself as Qawsed mentioned we can Cannot see the rubble, That's obviously because it's been pulverised. Otherwise, Even in violent fragmentation the rubble is leftover. The smoke supports that it indeed was pulverised.

• EC isn't that wide. The house Garou protected wasn't that much smaller than his width
  • Only one end of the Goketsu calc is island level. It was decided by the calc team to use the low end result
  • 610 meters is the default sized used when the mountain in question has no canon height and isn't based on a IRL mountain. It's why previous pixel calc of the mountain was rejected
  • It was agreed on by a few calc members and a CRT to use V. Frag. So we're using V. Frag
  • Genos is not 7-A. Being able to destroy a mountain doesn't nesscarily make you mountain level. You can be much lower and accomplish it.
Also please try to contain your responses in a single post. It clogs the thread otherwise.

Sorry, My certain apologies for cluttering up the comments.

- Before the new ends came, The feat was calculated to be Island level. Even in the new end it was calculated to be Island level as well. But I don't what decision did the calculation group made but it also doesn't sets up with the scaling. Goketsu should atleast by scaling be par with Phoenix Man (Resurrected) who's also Island level. That's why It would make more fitting for him to be Island level.

• 610 metres might be the average length of the mountain used but why Can't we just pixel scale the mountains shown in the panel to have a consistent result from the manga itself.

• Violent fragmentation could be the decision you guys made but that's not what's shown in the panel, In the panel it's moreover is referring to pulverisation. We can even see the smoke, And Genos's incineration cannon has also has been from starting a vaporising-pulverising. This Also supports for the calculation to be pulverisation. And being able to destroy a mountain would make you mountain level, That's like saying being capable of destroying the planet wouldn't make you planet Level. If you're referring to outliers than it's understandable, But legitimate feats would be on the level they are.

• The high end was calced to be island level. The accepted end is the five second one, which is 7-A. There's also zero reason to scale Goketsu to PM's third form, they have never interacted with the same characters and haven't even been compared to each other.
  • Because ang-sizing was/is under a lot of scrunity due to artistic errors and the possibility of heavily inflated results. Plus the original calc based the mountain on a massive assumption
  • V. Frag is consisent and fits with the art. Pulverization and Vaporization doesn't
And being able to destroy a mountain would make you mountain level

It doesn't. The tier of 7-A is based on a calc with a larger than average mountain as the basis. Same with 6-C. It's why Genos' calcs were never 7-A. Because the mountains weren't large enough and he didn't destroy enough of it.

There's no zero reason to scale off goketsu and PM to each other but just by logical scaling it should be considering that the top tier cadres having Island level feats and calculations isn't a coincidence. And not going to agree on rest of the things but that tier basing was reasonable, Although it shouldn't be applied on mountains that are calculated to be bigger than average mountains.

Also, Why was Tatsumaki downgraded from country level if there's a calculation that proves her to be? She could also casually lift the entire Z city which is the size of a country.

Although the area where society lives is not as big as a country, It's radius is only 50 Kms as mentioned by mosquito girl. But Tatsumaki was stated to lift the entire Z-city, This would also include the mountains, plateaus, And the Forrests shown in the Series that are a part of the city as we see in the sparring session between Genos and Saitama, And also the latest fight between FF and Sonic. She should casually, casually be country level.

logical scaling

There is no logical scaling. The accepted end is 7-A not 6-C. The Genos calc has a Low 7-B and a solid 7-C end, but neither were accepted. It's just baseless

Also, Why was Tatsumaki downgraded from country level if there's a calculation that proves her to be

There isn't. Her old rating came from upscaling from a casual 6-C+ feat. But the calc was altered when a revision of the bullet speed was accepted, which lowered the result and no longer made the upscaling resonable.

She could also casually lift the entire Z city which is the size of a country.

• City Z is not 50 kilometers in radius. Its much smaller
  • City Z also isn't country sized. Its just the governing city of a country sized area. There was a large debate about this a couple threads ago and it was universally agreed by every mod that the statement would not give Tornado a 6-B rating. She can lift a city sized city. Not a country or a country sized city.

That is exactly is what I'm talking about, The entire baselines that you guys do here are dependent on pixel calculations. Not scaling or feat, That's why it at times goes against what's shown and done in the series. That's why it's baseless and illogical because you're not seeing what's in the series's scaling.

And city Z's radius is said to be 50km, Mosquito girl mentions it too be. The liveable area (Where the society lives) isn't country sized, Although the entire city itself which is shown to include mountains, Plateus and forests are what expand it to country sized. Murata sensej mentions the entire city Z, Which basically means that he's talking about the entire area itself. And please just drop it if you do not agree and want to go against the series, It won't lead to anywhere but derailing the thread.

The entire baselines that you guys do here are dependent on pixel calculations

Its not though. They're IRL items and objects. There's nothing that can be pixel calced.

And city Z's radius is said to be 50km, Mosquito girl mentions it too be.

No she does not. She says her TP range is 50 kilometers and that it extends outside the city. Meaning City Z would be notably under 50 kilometers in radius

Although the entire city itself which is shown to include mountains, Plateus and forests are what expand it to country sized.

The Z-Region contains those things. Not City Z. The Z-Region also contains multiple towns and villages. Its an area that is lead by City Z. When Murata mentioned her lifting the city that was likely what he was talking about. Considering its a direct reference to the MA base lift it also adds weight against a 6-B rating.

It won't lead to anywhere but derailing the thread.

This is a general thread about talking through ideas and how scaling works. If there isn't a CRT (which there isn't) and if there's a question (which you have), then it can talked about here.

Qawsedf234 said:
This is a general thread about talking through ideas and how scaling works. If there isn't a CRT (which there isn't) and if there's a question (which you have), then it can talked about here.
thank you bruh. finally someone said it

Chaingunfighter1 said:
Hasn't the "country sized cities" thing been debunked for ages? Like it's pretty obvious that they aren't actually that size.
No, They are country sized. Just the area where the society lives isn't. And again @Qawsed, It has been mentioned and even stated that Those towns are in the surrounding area. The Z-Region is basically The entire Z-City. It's just that the area where the lone society lives isn't.

To make up things like Z-Region without it even being mentioned is pure head canon, When we've seen people looking at the map at HA and calling them cities. It's just that where the society lives, That area isn't that big. Not the entire city.

Country sized cities has never been shown in the Manga to my knowledge, the only example of this being the case is in the Anime.

Even in the anime there's multiple contradictions. Like Boros' 19 km ship that was only slightly smaller than City A or Beeccake destroying an entire city by falling. There's absolutely no evidence that the cities are country sized or even control an area of that size.

It's just been addressed multiple times and every times it's been rejected. There's just no basis for thinking the cities are that large without twisting a vague non-canon map to high ball a series.

I don't know why but Qawsed just basically ignored what I said. Obviously the examples you mentioned were of the area where the society lives, Not the entire land mass of the city.

Also, Why did DSK got downgraded to Large town level? He's a high demon level threat that stomped two S-Class heroes. He should atleast be city Level.

I shouldn't need to elaborate why DSK "stomping" two S-Class members isn't nearly enough to warrant a city level rating. What could possibly be the logic here?

You're the one who's countering me on that you should know.

DSK is a high demon level threat, A threat to an entire city. And atleast 1 S-Class is needed to wipeout such demon level threats. But DSK stomps two S-Class. So he should atleast be city level.

That makes absolutely no sense. Being a threat to a city isn't nearly enough to warrant such rating, and scaling him up to that by way of dispatching two S-Class members is nonsense. S-Class members vary wildly in power, the baseline requirement was being able to handle an at least low to mid level Demon, not all members are capable of handling any and all Demon level threats. This point is especially strange when both members have become strong enough to easily dispatch DSK and monsters directly comparable whilst still not being Dragon level themselves. Picking City level as a tier is also extremely arbitrary, and the fact that he's a high level demon proves extremely little when High 7-C already puts him up to that level already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back