• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
unknown.png

The prequel

unknown.png

Kind of wished they put this line from Saitama in the Webcomic:

"Your half-assed monster hobby! Versus my serious hero hobby! Even if that's all I had I wouldn't lose!"

Perfectly summarizes the differences between Garou and Saitama.
Manga Saitama doesn't have the same mindset as webcomic Saitama so that line wouldn't make sense.

The only things that might be interesting for translations is what Sitch might be talking about. Tareo fending off his bullies and being Waganma's friend is also great. And obviously announcement is the big thing. But Christ man, this instant redemption is just so bad.

They probably are setting up to confirm Garou is Blast 🗿
Speaking of.

Blast, originally, teleported to the battlefield almost right after the moment where, in the new timeline, Saitama punches Garou. And the Blast group was clearly watching the fight, as they went to intervene when the SPS energy was going wild. Yet none of them do or say anything even though they all would have seen what happened. I'm still confused there.

Something ONE intelligently decided to do when writing the webcomic and it worked
I know I read through it too, I liked it there better also.

A redraw shouldn't be too hard since they did it with Saitama and Garou at the table, so chances here it will happen again.

Makes me question why ONE went this route when he knew the previous way worked already?

Speaking of.

Blast, originally, teleported to the battlefield almost right after the moment where, in the new timeline, Saitama punches Garou. And the Blast group was clearly watching the fight, as they went to intervene when the SPS energy was going wild. Yet none of them do or say anything even though they all would have seen what happened. I'm still confused there.
Chances are they were about to do something right as Saitama one shotted Garou and he lost his God power. Seeing he lost it, they decided to let the other heroes handle him since he wasn't a threat to them anymore.

Chances are they were about to do something right as Saitama one shotted Garou and he lost his God power. Seeing he lost it, they decided to let the other heroes handle him since he wasn't a threat to them anymore.
Yeah, but I'm just surprised they're going to ignore someone that one-shotted a being imbued with massive amounts of divine power that could threaten the existence of all living things, according to Blast. I'd at least expect them to ask Saitama about what happened (due to the assimilation stuff), but they're just like "Ya'll see something?". Hopefully it'll be brought up in the future.

Yeah, but I'm just surprised they're going to ignore someone that one-shotted a being imbued with massive amounts of divine power that could threaten the existence of all living things, according to Blast. I'd at least expect them to ask Saitama about what happened (due to the assimilation stuff), but they're just like "Ya'll see something?". Hopefully it'll be brought up in the future.
Probably brought up in another arc later on, yeah.

Translations shouldn't take TOO long if they already started. This chapter isn't even 30 pages I think. Problem is that it's obviously dialogue heavy. I'd expect translations in like, 5 hours from chapter release or something.

Most likely they probably were busy with the "gate" that Garou messed up with his Extreme Fajin

Aaahhhhh, lost some pages (again, sometimes the notifs are gone) but fortunately some posts are about Tatsumaki, therefore I can just skip them and go for what matters 🗿

Dump chapter and shit story, that's what I think about Garou in the end, it was, LITERALLY, "he's sorry, therefore all his crimes are okay", ******* dumb bluepilled plot, the Garou that we are seeing here literally had no redemption arc besides taking a really strong punch and losing his past powers, then boom, I'm a nice guy again

The people he attacked ? Who cares ? It's not as if we need OG Garou's crimes to call him a criminal you know, his non retconned crimes are already enough to at least the Hero Association wanting his head, but I guess good OPM's story was WC exclusive. Hope the translations give us something

Translations shouldn't take TOO long if they already started. This chapter isn't even 30 pages I think. Problem is that it's obviously dialogue heavy. I'd expect translations in like, 5 hours from chapter release or something.
Translation team is probably sleeping tho

Speaking of.

They went MIA after Garou and Saitama were sent to Io and left Earth unprotective without ever thinking Garou and Saitama could travel back to Earth or accidentally destroy it during their fight in the solar system.

MA arc is easily the arc with the most consequences for OPM in character development and for the overall tone of the story and buildup of of the next arcs in webcomic. The heroes get humbled severely, first the S-class can barely keep up with the dragon level monsters, Tatsumaki loses because of lack of teamwork and arrogance as opposed to giving her all against an extremely powerful monster (wich was a better justification than sneak attack in the webcomic, but Tatsumaki is so different character wise than the webcomic that i can barely imagine her as that psychopatic angry goblin.) and then the heroes get directly beaten down by a threat that may as well have taken over the world due to their incompetence if not for the baldy appearing in the right place at the right moment.

This leads to a somewhat negative aftertone following the arc. Bang retires due to feeling guilty for his mistake with Garou, Darkshine retires due to humiliation (wich will probably also happen, also he has a good reason to wear that shirt due to chemical burns now), Child emperor becomes hopeless towards the adults, HA starts to fall off and lose face wich causes one of the biggest changes in status quo in the story. Atomic Samurai takes a break from his hero work to restart his training from the start. and most importantly Garou's actions are punished and taken seriously...because they are. He acted with misguided intentions, caused a lot of problems and even if he saved them from Golden Sperm's threat and if no one stopped him he could have changed the world for worst while thinking he wasn't doing anything wrong, it's no wonder he feels guilty and deserves punishment. Can't even blame the heroes for wanting him dead. They saw his power and terror directly and the idea of such power in the wrong hands must be frigthening, in the offchance he goes rogue again they may never have another shot at stopping him

Manga takes a lot of that away by making the heroes overall more competent, the heroes being defeated feels more like the monsters merit (due to many buffs outta nowhere), has Garou actually fight alongside and help them fight the stronger monsters and even his bad intentioned actions somehow do good and he gets away with barely anything, like pretty sure only Amai mask actually resents him.

I am still pissed with how Blast finally is revealed and then goes on to take on a god level threat....for like 5 pages

Wtf ONE

After all these years.....

Aaahhhhh, lost some pages (again, sometimes the notifs are gone) but fortunately some posts are about Tatsumaki, therefore I can just skip them and go for what matters 🗿

Dump chapter and shit story, that's what I think about Garou in the end, it was, LITERALLY, "he's sorry, therefore all his crimes are okay", ******* dumb bluepilled plot, the Garou that we are seeing here literally had no redemption arc besides taking a really strong punch and losing his past powers, then boom, I'm a nice guy again

The people he attacked ? Who cares ? It's not as if we need OG Garou's crimes to call him a criminal you know, his non retconned crimes are already enough to at least the Hero Association wanting his head, but I guess good OPM's story was WC exclusive. Hope the translations give us something
Preach.

There seems to be one panel about Heroes complaining to the HA about letting Garou go free, then they just move on. All of Garou's crimes committed against the Heroes (not even counting him giving children lethal radiation poisoning), glossed over in one minor panel, and forgotten about. Dogshit "development".

Otherwise the chapter was fine, the announcement is amazing, but considering that Garou was the main focus of this chapter, it really destroys it. Even the stupid table scene was WAY better than this.

Normally I don't care about something bad happening in a chapter, but Garou's character has been shit on and thrown into a pile of garbage in the manga.

should we increase the garou human speed to relativistic+ speed. because he managed to escape the encirclement of the heroes and they are completely unable to react to garou's speed including flesy flash or metal bat except saitama, as shown below.
p_38.png
p_39.png

Back