• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
They ruined Garou’s character for the sake of the plot. I expected better from ONE. He’s a great author, and I love a lot about OPM and especially Mob Psycho, but he should’ve stuck to the webcomic more.

I don’t get how Bang and Garou are acting so friendly and cordial now. It should take at least several chapters and Garou self reflecting before he talks to Bang again and establishes a better relationship with Bang. Why would he suddenly just go to Bang now out of nowhere? It’s just so upsetting…
Yeah, it just makes everything prior so.... meaningless.

Ok, I’m looking at the RAWs, and I gotta say I’m ******* disappointed. I don’t know what they were thinking. It’s like Garou’s entire hero hunt is treated like a joke. He’s getting just a slap on the head and treated like he was just acting out? He ripped a ******* hero’s arm off! How the **** does nobody take that seriously? Not only that, but it looks as though all of Garou’s convictions and ideologies are just shallow if he can so easily change his mind from a single defeat from a random force. This chapter just highlights everything I hate about how the manga shifted from the webcomic: sacrificing character development and plot progression for cooler art and humor. Now that the Monster Association arc is finally over, I can definitely say that the webcomic is better, and I’d choose it over the manga any day due to its substance. The second half of this arc just turned into another Shonen, which while it isn’t necessarily bad, a lot of it wasn’t what I was looking for nor what I was expecting.

Summed up my thoughts nicely

Idc what anyone says, the WC treatment of Garou was incomparably better than the manga, which is ironic because he's already gotten like 2x the screen time in the manga already.

WC: Garou is not immediately made out as an apparent good guy all of a sudden, his ideologies and actions are not glossed over like a joke, we've only seen him twice with little dialogue, adding an air of mystery as to his current goals and views, and all we know is that he's looking for a job, implying he wants to reenter normal society.

Manga: Garou is instantly an decent human being again just hanging out with Bang without any build-up whatsoever. We already have an idea of what his current goals are even without knowing what he's saying. He is evidently just not an antagonistic force in any capacity now, and his previous character/actions are just disregarded like they never happened.

The Season 3 announcement is obviously the highlight here and is fairly exciting, but the chapter itself was kinda lame. I expected it to be a chapter like this (summary of the aftermath, short, and dialogue-centered), and for the most part it's fine, but Christ they keep killing what little bit of Garou's character I still liked, bit by bit. I barely care about him now even though he was formerly my favorite OPM character.

It's quite short like i expected, but the overall tone seems a lot more positive in a saccharine way when compared to post MA arc OPM in the webcomic.
Z-city was destroyed to an absolute degree and Saitama is super homeless, the heroes took a beating from monsters arguably worse than in the webcomic but didn't get the actual brutal humiliation from Garou (in fact Garou barely interacted with them at all, mostly did positive things like beat High Dragon+ and Above Dragon monsters for them), actual people died (Atomic Samurai companions), but it barely seems like there was any loss with how positive this epilogue seems.

It feels kinda weird tbh, like in an even more unusual way than regular shounen logic. We got an epic fight between Garou and Saitama with heavy consequences to show us the terror of God, and absolutely everything about it was forgotten and buried without a single aftertought, even the person who knows about it seems barely affected by it, hell Genos seems even happier than before wich is a little weird. We know there's a villain out there that's even stronger than current Saitama to the point he'd fodderize his pre-amp self to oblivion and there's nothing about him on the epilogue. He was ultra active for some unknown reason and will now just seemingly go into hibernation mode until plot calls him back i guess.

I'd say the arc started great, reached a peak during while they were underground, was good during Tatsumaki vs Psykorochi, then got bloated as hell with Sage Centipede and the excess of heroes in the field (like, if you removed Amai mask literally nothing would change, and if you removed Metal bat it would change for the best,lol. Same thing with the council of the blades, wich were forgettable at best and only served to give Atomic Samurai a meh powerup that quickly fell for the powercreep.) Certain moments like Black sperm's shine were greatly diminished by Psykorochi, wich is a fair trade, but Fubuki lost her coolest moment for some jetfight and S-class ******** vs Psykos, wich was not a good trade imo. Then we reached peak again through sheer hype ala Dragon Ball Super and Saitama's funny feats, and proceeded to fall off terribly with what was imo one of the worst choices ONE has taken so far wich was retconning any consequence of the fight with time travel and then proceeding to not even leave memory behind wich would at least have happened if he used the "it was all a bad dream copout".

Garou in the webcomic went MIA after the MA arc and was teased like an arc and a half later and was only truly revealed 2 arcs after that tease and he appeared with a soul-searching demeanor and a notable but believable change in character.

What was the point of Garou running away in the manga if he just shows back up and walk around the city with Bang for the entire public to see and acts as if nothing happened in the next chapter?

Not even angry anymore......

I am honestly just dissapointed with ONE......

There are literally no consequences from this arc...like Saitama doesn't even remember what happened.....meaning he learned nothing.....

None of the important Heroes are dead....in Timeline 2 that is which leads me to my next point....

Time Travel solution is quite literally the worst thing about this arc, makes everything redundant in a sense

The fact Garou legit was gonna in his own words "chatsise this world" and actually succeded in Timeline 1 and nearly did in Timeline 2 yet is instantly redeemed and his problems are treated so comically.....

I can go on and on but I'm just so tired....the amount of retcons, asspulls and all other kinds of BS that happened this arc have left me exhausted

honestly, psykorochi vs tatsumaki was the best fight and the most well developed fight in one punch man's manga.
change my mind

no fight was tatical and hyping like it was, the moment when genos arrived to help tatsumaki HYPED the fandom to a crazy level

Amai Mask was done so dirty in the Manga lmao

Meanwhile Amai Mask in the WC out here doing better than most the S Class against Garou

Chad WC Amai Mask vs Virgin Manga Amai Mask
all amai mask did to garou, was punching him causing zero damage while a semi-dead tatsumaki was freezing him oof

It's quite short like i expected, but the overall tone seems a lot more positive in a saccharine way when compared to post MA arc OPM in the webcomic.
Z-city was destroyed to an absolute degree and Saitama is super homeless, the heroes took a beating from monsters arguably worse than in the webcomic but didn't get the actual brutal humiliation from Garou (in fact Garou barely interacted with them at all, mostly did positive things like beat High Dragon+ and Above Dragon monsters for them), actual people died (Atomic Samurai companions), but it barely seems like there was any loss with how positive this epilogue seems.

It feels kinda weird tbh, like in an even more unusual way than regular shounen logic. We got an epic fight between Garou and Saitama with heavy consequences to show us the terror of God, and absolutely everything about it was forgotten and buried without a single aftertought, even the person who knows about it seems barely affected by it, hell Genos seems even happier than before wich is a little weird. We know there's a villain out there that's even stronger than current Saitama to the point he'd fodderize his pre-amp self to oblivion and there's nothing about him on the epilogue. He was ultra active for some unknown reason and will now just seemingly go into hibernation mode until plot calls him back i guess.

I'd say the arc started great, reached a peak during while they were underground, was good during Tatsumaki vs Psykorochi, then got bloated as hell with Sage Centipede and the excess of heroes in the field (like, if you removed Amai mask literally nothing would change, and if you removed Metal bat it would change for the best,lol. Same thing with the council of the blades, wich were forgettable at best and only served to give Atomic Samurai a meh powerup that quickly fell for the powercreep.) Certain moments like Black sperm's shine were greatly diminished by Psykorochi, wich is a fair trade, but Fubuki lost her coolest moment for some jetfight and S-class ******** vs Psykos, wich was not a good trade imo. Then we reached peak again through sheer hype ala Dragon Ball Super and Saitama's funny feats, and proceeded to fall off terribly with what was imo one of the worst choices ONE has taken so far wich was retconning any consequence of the fight with time travel and then proceeding to not even leave memory behind wich would at least have happened if he used the "it was all a bad dream copout".
Totally agree. I think the MA arc peaked at the Psykos vs Tatsumaki fight. But even Psykos-Orochi fusion diminished the impact of Garou’s evolution and his fight with Platinum Sperm. Like the high level of that battle ser the standard, and Garou was forced to be given several power up’s to reach that standard. I would’ve preferred that Orochi re-emerge instead of Sage Centipede, and that Orochi was the opponent that Garou had to fight to evolve to his perfected monster form. Or maybe have had the three way fight be between Garou, Orochi, and Platinum Sperm instead.

Worst thing is that there’s still unresolved plot points from the redraws. Like what happened to Orochi? Last we saw of him in the redraw, he was at the shrine. But we know that the story is supposed to have Orochi fuse with Psykos. So how is that going to work out. And what happened to both Psykos or Orochi? Where are they now? Did Orochi survive or not? Did Fubuki find and capture Psykos? We don’t ******* know, and we’ll have to wait for either the next chapter or extra redraws to answer those questions. It’s honestly gonna be kind of hard for the anime studio to animate season 3 with all these different redraws and unresolved plot points.

Last edited:
all amai mask did to garou, was punching him causing zero damage while a semi-dead tatsumaki was freezing him oof

Nah you just disrespecting the goat

65795a5927d6a3ee8c92debe14260a76147d3cdb.png

Swear WC Amai Mask is the legit embodiment of this meme

12b.jpg

Nah OPM always been an average story for me writing wise

Still enjyed it though

But now? Can't even turn off my brain off for this shit
The crazy thing for me is that the MA arc in the webcomic is what made me love the writing of the series (It immediately made it into my top 10) and most arcs after were top tier in terms of writing. Besides Sea-king the MA arc was what should've been the arc that made everyone realize the series wasn't just some gag manga only good for humor and feats as it was the turning point where the writing was notably taken more seriously in a great way that didn't compromise the feeling parody nature of the series.

Last edited:
I feel most bad for Homeless Emperor bruh....

Dude legit one of the MA most powerful members in pure destructive power....top 3 tbh

Mf fails to do ANYTHING

Gets clapped by Zombieman who can't even beat CARNAGE KABUTO

Then GOD just says Control Alt Delete bitch

also, i think that ONE wanted to save tatsumaki's character for a higher scale fight, that's why he's always using the excuse that she's holding back and that's why she didnt fight monster garou, to give us the idea that she can match him in a possible future

Back