• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This mf killed everyone in Timeline 1....which STILL EXISTS MIND YOU

And would have done so now in Timeline 2 not even 5 minutes later had Timeline 1 Saitama not come to Timeline 2 to stop him....

And you're telling me all he needed was a hug?

He also technically didn’t hurt anyone in this timeline since literally nobody but Genos knows about the other one

Ok, I’m looking at the RAWs, and I gotta say I’m ******* disappointed. I don’t know what they were thinking. It’s like Garou’s entire hero hunt is treated like a joke. He’s getting just a slap on the head and treated like he was acting out? He ripped a ******* hero’s arm off! How the **** does nobody take that seriously? Not only that, but it looks as though all of Garou’s convictions and ideologies are shallow if he can so easily change his mind from a single defeat from a random force. This chapter just highlights everything I hate about how the manga shifted from the webcomic: sacrificing character development and plot progression for cooler art and humor. Now that the Monster Association arc is finally over, I can definitely say that the webcomic is better, and I’d choose it over the manga any day due to its substance. The second half of this arc just turned into another Shonen, which while it isn’t necessarily bad, a lot of it wasn’t what I was looking for nor what I was expecting.

Last edited:
Season 3 hype.
Screen_Shot_2022-08-17_at_11.02.24_PM.png
Good god that looks really good

unknown.png

The OC is called ("ガウレンジャー ガウイエローキーロさん" "Gaurenjā gauierōkīro-san") or "Gauranger GauYellow Kiro-san". She's evidently the Yellow Ranger of a Wolf-Themed Sentai Group.

The description says that she looks like Garou's mother??? ("ガロウの母に" "Garo no haha ni") but unlike her she acts very kind. I think what this is implying is that she IS Garou's mother but her real identity is a secret.

unknown.png

The OC is called ("ガウレンジャー ガウイエローキーロさん" "Gaurenjā gauierōkīro-san") or "Gauranger GauYellow Kiro-san". She's evidently the Yellow Ranger of a Wolf-Themed Sentai Group.

The description says that she looks like Garou's mother??? ("ガロウの母に" "Garo no haha ni") but unlike her she acts very kind. I think what this is implying is that she IS Garou's mother but her real identity is a secret.
Webigaza 👀🏃🏾‍♂️

Look like the idea that Garou's parents being kinda shit aren't too far off. Because just by the flashbacks, I don't think his parents showed much concern over their own son?
The "Gaurangers" might also not even be a real Hero Team, but rather an in-universe Super Sentai show. So in this context Garou's mom would have played a kind-hearted Sentai Heroine on TV but then been a shit mom in real life.

• Red Genos is pretty neat ngl. Interesting color choice.
  • Wait so Garou is just getting a slap on the wrist and that's it? His personality doesn't even seem to have changed much.
  • Genos and Saitama scavenging for stuff is hilarious and really wholesome, nice to see more moments between the both of them.
  • Garou's mom ig

So that was lame. Garou really just got off scott free. No humbling, no Garou trying to live an actual life besides fighting.

• Red Genos is pretty neat ngl. Interesting color choice.
  • Wait so Garou is just getting a slap on the wrist and that's it? His personality doesn't even seem to have changed much.
  • Genos and Saitama scavenging for stuff is hilarious and really wholesome, nice to see more moments between the both of them.
  • Garou's mom ig

So that was lame. Garou really just got off scott free. No humbling, no Garou trying to live an actual life besides fighting.
Technically Garou saved more people than he hurt.

The "Gaurangers" might also not even be a real Hero Team, but rather an in-universe Super Sentai show. So in this context Garou's mom would have played a kind-hearted Sentai Heroine on TV but then been a shit mom in real life.
I think that sounds legit. Garou's parents seems to be very neglectful of him. They don't show concern over his wellbeing, it's no wonder Garou just ran off from home and that parents didn't even come looking for him.

They ruined Garou’s character for the sake of the plot. I expected better from ONE. He’s a great author, and I love a lot about OPM and especially Mob Psycho, but he should’ve stuck to the webcomic more.

I don’t get how Bang and Garou are acting so friendly and cordial now. It should take at least several chapters and Garou self reflecting before he talks to Bang again and establishes a better relationship with his former master. Why would he suddenly just go to Bang now out of nowhere? It’s just so upsetting to see Garou’s character butchered like this…

Back