• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why the hell is calc stacking even frowned upon? It seems pretty damn arbitrary especially considering how a rule against it can lead people to believing Garou has reaction time in the supersonic+ ranges meaning it has more harm than good

Relax guys, next arc Tatsumaki will move the entire earth at MFTL+ speeds to another nearby galaxy wich Saitama will destroy with serious piss. This will make the manga good again

Why the hell is calc stacking even frowned upon? It seems pretty damn arbitrary
It's not tho? Literally why calc-stacking isn't allowed is because of one key aspect of powerscaling: Inconsistency. LITERALLY SAYS SO ON THE PAGE.

especially considering how a rule against it can lead people to believing Garou has reaction time in the supersonic+ ranges meaning it has more harm than good
This is the same Garou that then jumped to the ******* moon in terms of power levels with that 4-A feat. What makes you think he'll be that much slower anymore?

Last edited:
Honestly tho, there's a better way to calc this.

Use the slow-mo formula.

(Object's true speed / Object's apparent speed) * Person's Apparent Speed = Person's True Speed

Object's true speed would be those shockwave speeds. Explosion speed calculator exists but the link is dead ATM, and speed decreases massively just within one foot of the epicenter but given the size of that explosion I'd doubt it being below 343 m/s.

Object's apparent speed would be the speed they and you are viewing it at. Can't assume snail speed just based on visuals alone, you need direct statements for stuff like that where it's a book based feat and not a movie/game-based one. So, walking speed as a low-ball.

Person's Apparent speed here would basically be = Distance covered / Subsonic perception timeframe. I have no idea why Peak Human timeframes were chosen given that these guys can casually make afterimages just by sidestepping.

SILENT

ETtT3Qa.png

Could god make The Last Slimeto? Sorry but the only time ill be silent is when im listening to YB’s new album tonight

What's your opinion is gonna be on the next arc if it's 1:1 to the Webcomic with Murata godly art and better Saitama vs Tatsumaki fight?
If Tatsumaki's manga variation is inconsistent with how it was in this latest arc, it'd feel pretty weird, especially for readers who haven't read the WC. It'd also be odd if Psykos didn't say anything more than what she did in the WC considering her encounter with God. But overall I wouldn't mind that much, hell it'd probably be better.

ngl its a shame that the manga wont follow the webcomic anymore. I wonder what route theyll take

Honestly tho, there's a better way to calc this.

Use the slow-mo formula.

(Object's true speed / Object's apparent speed) * Person's Apparent Speed = Person's True Speed

Object's true speed would be those shockwave speeds. Explosion speed calculator exists but the link is dead ATM, and speed decreases massively just within one foot of the epicenter but given the size of that explosion I'd doubt it being below 343 m/s.

Object's apparent speed would be the speed they and you are viewing it at. Can't assume snail speed just based on visuals alone, you need direct statements for stuff like that where it's a book based feat and not a movie/game-based one. So, walking speed as a low-ball.

Person's Apparent speed here would basically be = Distance covered / Subsonic perception timeframe. I have no idea why Peak Human timeframes were chosen given that these guys can casually make afterimages just by sidestepping.
I'm confused on what's the issue with using the .0001 millisecond time frame as a low-ball. If Garou and Platinum have been shown to be at 4-ish places at once within a .0001 milliseconds on panel and Garou easily blitz'd Platinum moments later, what is the issue with using .0001 milliseconds as a low-ball for CFM Garou's reactions in Saitama's Io speed feat? Isn't that a safer alternative than using the slow-mo formula where it seems like far more assumptions are being made within the calcs?

It's not tho? Literally why calc-stacking isn't allowed is because of one key aspect of powerscaling: Inconsistency. LITERALLY SAYS SO ON THE PAGE.
looking on the page is just seems to show a bunch of trash examples
it shows situations and that calc stacking gets to a conclusion. That's it, it literally has no compelling example of it being a negative thing
but let's there are situations in which it's inconsistent for the sake of the argument. Still it could be a case by case basis thing where only is dismissed when it's shown to be inconsistent in said verse

but this is just an example of a wiki standard taking priority of what should logically be the correct option, and there's really nothing I can do about that which is one of many things that annoy me here buy whatever, as long as the high end or the higher mid end gets accepted I seriously don't care that much

on another note if I see a single crt before we've properly dicussed the speed calc I'm gonna shit myself
I honestly don't even think a calc thread should be made until we've used the .0001 millisecond is plugged in

I'm confused on what's the issue with using the .0001 millisecond time frame as a low-ball. If Garou and Platinum have been shown to be at 4-ish places at once within a .0001 milliseconds on panel and Garou easily blitz'd Platinum moments later, what is the issue with using .0001 milliseconds as a low-ball for CFM Garou's reactions in Saitama's Io speed feat? Isn't that a safer alternative than using the slow-mo formula where it seems like far more assumptions are being made within the calcs?
Slow-mo formula can't use timeframes, it uses speed explicitly. And slow-mo formula uses more assumptions, true, but they're considerably more reliable assumptions to choose from, as many of the aspects rely on usable IRL metrics, like shockwave speed (Explosion speed calculator could make it more accurate but link is dead) and the apparent speed used (Walking speed for viewing those objects in slow-mo).

Things get even worse with anime adaptations where you straight up cannot use any of that, you'd have to rely on how many pixels the "measuring stick" object moved, like with most slow-mo calcs involving actual cinematic footage (Like Quicksilver punching Captain America, Raiden slicing a Boxer in half, Wondie deflecting a bullet, etc.)

Garou situation was locked to Earth's atmosphere, but with Io, they have considerably more ground to cover and it's already a massive leap compared to what he did against Golden Sperm, so using those reaction speeds for him here would be wildly inaccurate.

Slow-mo formula can't use timeframes, it uses speed explicitly. And slow-mo formula uses more assumptions, true, but they're considerably more reliable assumptions to choose from, as many of the aspects rely on usable IRL metrics, like shockwave speed (Explosion speed calculator could make it more accurate but link is dead) and the apparent speed used (Walking speed for viewing those objects in slow-mo).

Things get even worse with anime adaptations where you straight up cannot use any of that, you'd have to rely on how many pixels the "measuring stick" object moved, like with most slow-mo calcs involving actual cinematic footage (Like Quicksilver punching Captain America, Raiden slicing a Boxer in half, Wondie deflecting a bullet, etc.)

Garou situation was locked to Earth's atmosphere, but with Io, they have considerably more ground to cover and it's already a massive leap compared to what he did against Golden Sperm, so using those reaction speeds for him here would be wildly inaccurate.
I believe he's asking why we can't use the mid end.

can someone quickly do the math for what garou with calc stacked ftl reactions would get for the omni directional serious punch speed feat
I'm just very curious, and may use it for non wiki purposes

I think I understand
I'm not sure where the leap your mention is coming from. Saitama ping pong'd Garou around Io before he could ever retaliate, the same Garou who in 4 or 5 lesser forms could appear in 4 different places while fighting within a .0001 millisecond time frame and blitzed Platinum. Saitama wouldn't have been able to ping pong Garou around Io if it was done a timeframe higher than that.

I believe he's asking why we can't use the mid end.
Simple.

1. Garou has massively juiced up since that point

2. He's no longer blitzing along the Earth's atmosphere, he's doing so over an entire moon which would undoubtedly have a different timeframe than the one used for Earth.

I'm not sure where the leap your mention is coming from. Saitama ping pong'd Garou around Io before he could ever retaliate, the same Garou who in 4 or 5 lesser forms could appear in 4 different places while fighting within a .0001 millisecond time frame and blitz Platinum. Saitama wouldn't have been able to ping pong Garou around Io if it was done a timeframe higher than that.
Isn't Garou's whole schtick here the ability to literally copy power levels?

Also how is it the same Garou that blitzed Sperm? The Garou that fought Saitama literally had galaxies swirling on his body, the one fighting Sperm didn't.

Isn't Garou's whole schtick here the ability to literally copy power levels?
Yes
Also how is it the same Garou that blitzed Sperm? The Garou that fought Saitama literally had galaxies swirling on his body, the one fighting Sperm didn't.
Same Garou as in character, Garou went through 4 or 5 transformations since then. That's why we are technically low-balling heavily by using .0001 millisecond timeframe which is the reaction of pretty much first-form monster Garou. The logic we're using is that Saitama knocked Garou, who can react and fight in a .0001 millisecond timeframe canonically on panel, around Io before he can retaliate.

Same Garou as in character, Garou went through 4 or 5 transformations since then. That's why we are technically low-balling heavily by using .0001 millisecond timeframe which is the reaction of pretty much first-form monster Garou. The logic we're using is that Saitama knocked Garou, who can react and fight in a .0001 millisecond timeframe, around Io before he can retaliate.
I thought the speed was 1.3 milliseconds

Simple.

1. Garou has massively juiced up since that point

2. He's no longer blitzing along the Earth's atmosphere, he's doing so over an entire moon which would undoubtedly have a different timeframe than the one used for Earth.
I don't think you're understanding what the feat is. Garou is not blitzing anything. Saitama is blitzing Garou's reactions and knocked him all over Io before he could do anything. Garou's reactions has been shown to be at least 0.0001 seconds when he was much weaker and slower than he is now, so the timeframe of 0.0001 seconds makes sense.

just follow the webcomic and add the feats not whatever the **** we got these past chapters
i didn't ask for Cosmic Garou could've done that with Monster Garou
You want us to simply ignore the manga version and only create webcomic profiles going forward?

I don't think you're understanding what the feat is. Garou is not blitzing anything. Saitama is blitzing Garou's reactions and knocked him all over Io before he could do anything. Garou's reactions has been shown to be at least 0.0001 seconds when he was much weaker and slower than he is now, so the timeframe of 0.0001 seconds makes sense.
@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 What do you think of this? Should this make the timeframe usable for the Io feat since a more-powerful Garou would be undeniably be above his former weaker self that had such a reaction timeframe?

@DontTalkDT @Executor_N0 What do you think of this? Should this make the timeframe usable for the other feat since a more-powerful Garou would be undeniably be above his former weaker self that had such a reaction timeframe?
I personally don't see anything wrong with using the timeframe. Of course it's a huge lowball, but it's all we have to work with.

I personally don't see anything wrong with using the timeframe. Of course it's a huge lowball, but it's all we have to work with.
Much better and way more reasonable than lowballing him down to human-level reactions.

I liked cosmic Garou but the post fight wrapped everything up in the worst way physically possible.

Time travel? Everything that happened being irrelevant character wise? Genos thinks Saitama was a hero in this exchange even though a running theme of the fight was that he was a dangerous entity who only has one connection to humanity? For some reason I’m supposed to give a shit about Garou’s resolution even though it’s clunky as hell and feels really out of place due to the time travel shenanigans? WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON?????

WHY HAS MY PEAK FICTION BEEN TAKEN AWAY???

Last edited:
Back