• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Garou pretty much had to tell Saitama he could copy that type of power for him to start using it consciously. If he went Serious in a fight he could start copying Martial arts like said by Garou, but as he believes his only power is strength he likely wouldn't try copying more outrageous shit.

to the fans of RE saitama, I have made a severe and continuous lapse in judgement.....

on the bright side, this means saitama has more of an actual set of abilities now, and flight with the serious fart. Also the translation still doesn't make whatever the **** that time travel bs was make any sense but whatever it's awesome and garou's awesome
I think the point of the fight is that the moment garou copied saitama's power, it was already growing exponentially by the nanosecond, so the very next moment he'd already be within the range of getting AP stomped again
can someone take that graph of saitama's exponential growth and "calc" it to see how much stronger he got exactly? seems like a pretty useful and blatant multiplier for his new peak power

Ok but if Garou received the full power God offered him, he would've lowkey rocked Saitama's shit for a little, until Saitama evolved beyond him anyways.

gV9SXED.png

BURN YOUR COSMO

So do we wait for next chapter? Cause I feel like without any other info, you could straight up argue any feat that was performed by Saitama after the GRB is discounted, as we don't know if Saitama kept the power he gained

Technically speaking, we should just give the past timeline Saitama a separate key, he has an explicitly much higher level of power than the new present one, enough to stomp him if they fought. Then he'd just keep the time reversal anyways.

I keep thinking, if Saitama went back in the past and merged with his past self, then the evolution he had during the fight against the Garou didn't happen either, ishi

So do we wait for next chapter? Cause I feel like without any other info, you could straight up argue any feat that was performed by Saitama after the GRB is discounted, as we don't know if Saitama kept the power he gained
I dont think the serious punch squared feat can be discounted

Technically speaking, we should just give the past timeline Saitama a separate key, he has an explicitly much higher level of power than the new present one, enough to stomp him if they fought. Then he'd just keep the time reversal anyways.
But you also have to acknowledge something about the time travel. We kinda have to put in a weakness to say "Once Saitama time travels, he will quickly assimilate with his past self, losing any memories and power that happened after the point he time travelled to"

serious punch ^2 scales to past saitama since that was the first attack of the fight, and he hadn't been pushed past full power until immediately after said attack
so the 3-C saitama is still very much real

But you also have to acknowledge something about the time travel. We kinda have to put in a weakness to say "Once Saitama time travels, he will quickly assimilate with his past self, losing any memories and power that happened after the point he time travelled to"
I not sure about that weakness as we don’t know if he doesn’t or does have the powers of future Saitama as all happened in one chapter too.

In terms of art and choreography, I definitely think the manga excels. But even after all that, I still prefer the webcomic Garou v Saitama. It was better thematically when it was just Garou vs Saitama without the interference from God, and the way in which Saitama broke Garou's philosophy with words just resonated with me more than what happened here. I do enjoy the way that this battle made Saitama want to be a better hero, giving Saitama actual character development for the first time, so that's an improvement over the webcomic in terms of character. Maybe other people like bigger scales, but I've always been fine with smaller stakes as long as the story and characters are addressed.

If it were up to me, I'd have had Garou just fully awaken and evolve after defeating Platinum Sperm, then basically everything that happened in the webcomic, with Garou effortlessly defeating all the S-class heroes. Maybe give a fake-out death for Genos to enrage Saitama and give him the same character development in the manga, then defeat Garou the way he did in the webcomic.

You guys are so weird. Keys are made for anything that happens within the canon of a verse. Regardless of there are time traveling, timeline erasing shit.

There’s a reason we have profiles for the Sonic 06 cast regardless of the fact that time line was erased.

It is re-written chapters that get no keys.

I ain’t reading anything here, too much, too little time.

That said, Tatsumaki back on top of the food chain.* 💪🗿👍

*Outside of Saitama, King, Blast, Blast’s friends, God and Manako.

Hope to god next chapter reveals Saitama regained his memories

Because if not.....this is on the same level as Moro Arc Goku seemingly finally realizing he needs to mature with Merus death to one chapter later completely ignoring that and going "Lemme fight him as an earthling"

It means he won't learn from the mistake he made with toying with garou and what happened when he didn't finish him off ( not necessarily kill but defeat him ) before god high fived him and killed everyone he goes back to just not giving a **** with his enemies which could easily lead to this BS again

yes, but the Io thing still had the MFTL and higher LS feat, which past Saitama wouldn't get most likely
Er...why? Saitama didn't start evolving until Garou begun copying his powers at the very end though. In that chapter he only said he was finally going all out.

I also don't see any evidence that just because he lost his memories meant he lost his power considering there's still physical evidence in the form of Genos' heart that shows the events of that timeline still have a tangible presence. TBH, I would say there's not enough evidence to say either way.

Back