• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Screenshot_20220712-2300552.png

This is how Genos will be revived guys
images

Can someone tell me how yall be uploading images without it being linked to imgur or other sites.
basically what matthew did just now. plz and thx 🗿

Have you guys been checking out the one punch man sub Reddit at all?
No. I don't care for Reddit in general, cesspool of snowflake ignorant degenerates with some rare golden eggs, but not worth the trouble in my eyes, and that community in particular doesn't seem to be one of the golden eggs, no less.

Have you guys been checking out the one punch man sub Reddit at all?
I am fairly active there but I don't engage in much discussion at all, too many people still believe things like Saitama is a complete gag character or that he doesn't care about Genos. Sometimes I feel the average OPM reader doesn't read the manga at all it's so tiresome...

I’m trying to understand them.

They say saitama beats everyone but when we get the biggest feat in the series they just say it’s bullshit?
Casual fans like that tend to not have any critical thinking skills in regards to scaling. They base their beliefs off of their own interpretations, and pretty much disregard actual evidence.

who knows, most still believe he's a "gag" character
Saitama is a gag character, but he isn't a conventional one. That's the thing most people don't realize.

He's clearly a gag character to some extent, as demonstrated by him being largely comedic relief, several of his feats meaning to be gags, and even outright said by ONE in an interview, but people who compare him to characters like Arale, or god forbid Bugs Bunny, have no idea what Saitama is or what he represents. He's a gag character who parodies typical Shonen protagonists by being the strongest character from chapter/episode 1, rather than growing throughout the series and needing to endure severe obstacles on that path. And being a gag character doesn't make him automatically invincible, nor takes away any potential depth to the character. He has a whole character arc, motive, personality spectrum, interactions and relationships with other characters, and even the main joke is not consistent. The people who think the core of Saitama is "one punch xd" and that there is nothing more in there really misinterpreted virtually everything about him.

The last couple chapters aren't even needed for my point, but they alone prove why Saitama isn't such a flat, one-dimensional character as people like to say. Tbh it's kind of an insult to ONE, who wrote an actually pretty unique main character.

I was wondering if Human Choze speed could scale to in-training Saitama? He should be comparable to A class heroes as the superfight attendants are superhuman and Lin-Lin gave some trouble to Lighting Max who is an A class hero.

Saitama is a gag character, but he isn't a conventional one. That's the thing most people don't realize.

He's clearly a gag character to some extent, as demonstrated by him being largely comedic relief, several of his feats meaning to be gags, and even outright said by ONE in an interview, but people who compare him to characters like Arale, or god forbid Bugs Bunny, have no idea what Saitama is or what he represents. He's a gag character who parodies typical Shonen protagonists by being the strongest character from chapter/episode 1, rather than growing throughout the series and needing to endure severe obstacles on that path. And being a gag character doesn't make him automatically invincible, nor takes away any potential depth to the character. He has a whole character arc, motive, personality spectrum, interactions and relationships with other characters, and even the main joke is not consistent. The people who think the core of Saitama is "one punch xd" and that there is nothing more in there really misinterpreted virtually everything about him.

The last couple chapters aren't even needed for my point, but they alone prove why Saitama isn't such a flat, one-dimensional character as people like to say. Tbh it's kind of an insult to ONE, who wrote an actually pretty unique main character.
Reason for the ""...

why are we scaling everyone and their mothers to in-training saitama?
Because he got curbstomped and almost killed by a Tiger level Monster. Average A-Class Heroes can take on and defeat average Tiger level Monster's solo. So basically, A-Class Heroes scale to a Monster that curbstomped and nearly murdered In-Training Saitama, thus they should scale above him. In-Training (but pre-limiter break) Saitama is probably B-Class level, which is fitting, especially when considering that Glasses is a B-Class and is currently doing the same thing Saitama did.

Back