• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I wonder if the web-comic didn't exist, would this arc be bad?
That's a great question, maybe people would like the current situation more if WC never existed, but at the same time I see it as something that also hypes up the manga, take the incoming Garou Vs Saitama fight, I'm sure the hype wouldn't be as great if WC's didn't made this fight before. To an extent, the manga being "WC with amazing visuals" still holds up, and that hypes up many encounters as a result

I wonder if the web-comic didn't exist, would this arc be bad?
The arc isn't bad…the current part of it is. And I would say the manga would probably wouldn’t be viewed as positive as it is without the webcomic. I dont think people would be as lenient with the series as they are. We were “fine” with the redraws and retcons because we still know the manga’s direction thanks to the webcomic. I know I would’ve dropped any other manga series if they did the same and if the series doesn't have something like a webcomic that its was following.

That's a great question, maybe people would like the current situation more if WC never existed, but at the same time I see it as something that also hypes up the manga, take the incoming Garou Vs Saitama fight, I'm sure the hype wouldn't be as great if WC's didn't made this fight before. To an extent, the manga being "WC with amazing visuals" still holds up, and that hypes up many encounters as a result
Webcomic has amazing visuals and the art has a lot of charm to it.

This arc still suffers from immense pacing problems with or without the webcomic, not to mention that people would probably be even more annoyed by the redraws made.

Which reminds me that we've been on this arc for nearly a decade...
A decade as in both WC and Manga?

Webcomic finished this shit a while ago, didn't take seven years for Saitama to punch Awakened Garou (From the time the heroes entered the MA base)
I’m talking about release date wise, pretty sure the webcomic started the MA arc a decade ago and the manga has yet to finish it.

I’m talking about release date wise, pretty sure the webcomic started the MA arc a decade ago and the manga has yet to finish it.
Webcomic came out in 2009, so its between 10-13 years since the webcomic has finished that arc (No one has the exact date in which the webcomic came out, just the year)

If Current Deku was on the strike team for the MA raid, where would he rank in S class and how much could he help?

I think he’d be a neat distraction for the fodder monsters at the start, at the very least.

With 45% - 100% OFA he surpasses most of S-Class in raw power (namely TTM, Bang, Puri-Puri, Watchdoge Man, Darkshine, Pig God, Kamikaze w/o Sun Blade, CE, and Zombieman) so he’d probably be ranked decently high.

He fails to measure up to their speed even at 100%, so he’d have to rely on his Analytical Prediction and Danger Sense + abuse AoE attacks. He’d probably be able to take out some heavy hitters if some heroes were willing to tag team with him to make up for his speed disadvantage.

If Current Deku was on the strike team for the MA raid, where would he rank in S class and how much could he help?

I think he’d be a neat distraction for the fodder monsters at the start, at the very least.
He'd either stomp everyone or be unfortunate enough to encounter Manako and get one-shotted. He is omnipotent, whereas Manako is omnipotent+.

Deku could probably take on some lower level Cadre's, and would certainly be helpful to the Heroes, but generally speaking he wouldn't cause a gigantic shift in the battle or anything. He'd just give some nice support. If he even lasts long enough to keep fighting on the surface, he probably would get taken out pretty quickly, let alone when PS and Garou show up.

Manga does good: “Ahh, yes, ONE is a master class writer, this is amazing, better than all shonen!”

Manga does something ’bad’: “Ahh, Murata is a hack, he should stop writing and stop putting his headcanon into the manga! Graaahhh!!”
I know, instead of writing the manga, Murata needs to stick to the webcomic, his original work. ONE is much better at writing the anime.

What if Current Shigaraki was on the monster side?

I reckon he’d be Cadre level easily. And a gigantic threat for the heroes.

Sure, Tatsumaki could easily obliterate him with a thought, but if he pops out after Tatsumaki had her fun with Psykorochi he could be devestating.

Sure, Tatsumaki could easily obliterate him with a thought, but if he pops out after Tatsumaki had her fun with Psykorochi he could be devestating.
He'd be like Deku. Really strong but slow. He's gonna get blitzed by a majority of the S Class, but they can't harm him because of his 7-A durability. He'd have resort to AOE attacks in order to win, but then again, they could just, y'know, run.

The S Class dudes that would beat him would be Tats, Flashy, Genos, Metal Bat and possibly Atomic Samurai because possibly High 7-A Sun Blade and stuff.

I can see drive knight taking Shigaraki out in done way.

his ability is really complicated, but low speed prevents him from being a problem for non-fighters who don't use their hands. FF would quickly end the fight, AS too. Others like CE, MK, DK and Genos would have no problems.

Most of the characters would not be able to even scratch the guy specially with reflect
The speed is a problem but i can see him working around that via a couple of ways
Child emperor and drive knight though ... radio waves negs those guys

Most of the characters would not be able to even scratch the guy specially with reflect
The speed is a problem but i can see him working around that via a couple of ways
Radio Waves would cause trouble for communicators if the Heros did something coordinated as against the monster association. But they wouldn't cause problems for electronic structures like robots or armors.

Radio Waves would cause trouble for communicators if the Heros did something coordinated as against the monster association. But they wouldn't cause problems for electronic structures like robots or armors.
It can deactivate technology , like in tartaros

AFO/Shigaraki were able to disable Tartarus’ automated security, i‘m not sure if it relied on communications tho.

I feel like Decay would be annoying since he can control it, and most heroes wouldn’t know what it is. Some would probably try just tank it and get oofed.

Reflect doesn’t seem to nullify damage, just send damage back after absorbing it.

does anyone know where I can read the original chapters? I mean, before redrawing

Back