• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
You don’t seem to understand why it’s only a possibly rating, so let me explain it.

All Murata statements, unless they have support from something else in the manga or a databook, are only given possibly ratings. Geryuganshoop having sub-light speed projectiles was only a Murata statement and isn’t reiterated anywhere else, so he only gets Possibly Rel+ attack speed and Possibly 6-C attack potency.
But it's supported because "that's the setting he based his drawing on".

Murata said it many times, he doesn't say something if he isn't sure about ONE opinion on it :

(7/5/2018) :

Q: "Murata sensei, here's a question from overseas, can Geryuganshoop actually create black holes by manipulating gravity? It seems like they care about this a lot."

"A: Hm~, I'm not sure. Black holes seem too powerful. I won't know for sure without asking ONE (. . .)"

However, its statement about sub-light rock was crisp and clear :

"(. . .) But its ability to control flying object should be above Tatsumaki, because it can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks like it does, her output will be too powerful, the temperature increase due to friction and pressure, and evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air, the rocks will fly at sub-light speed (. . .)"

There was no "I won't know for sure without asking ONE" on this one.

(11/5/2018) : 4 days later

Q: "So the pebble throwing of Geryganshoop is stronger than Tatsumaki’s?"

A: "Well... I drew it with the thought that it is right, but I don’t know whether the thought is the same with ONE sensei’s official setting. Anyway, I draw enemies as powerful as possible when they appear, so there is a possibility that I overstated it a bit more than ONE sensei’s setting, so at the time I drew the Geryuganshoop’s pebble throwing, I wanted it to be more powerful than her in some way."

Now for some context, back then in 2018. Murata (and ONE) had a different take on how powerful Tatsumaki and Orochi were.

(15/5/2018)

A: ONE stated a few days ago that Orochi is not going to get one shot by Saitama, but it shouldn't be a problem to take a few punches from Saitama. The concern is whether he will or when will he meet Saitama.

Q: Will Black Sperm still act tough if he witnesses current Orochi?

A: He probably won't be afraid considering the numbers he has.

(16/5/2018)

A: Orochi's disaster level is "Dragon or Above"

(19/5/2018)

A: Not sure who's stronger, Orochi or Golden Sperm. I will need to ask ONE. Orochi definitely has better techniques though since Golden Sperm is all about speed and power.

(2/6/2018)

A: (. . .) If the three generals under Boros work together against Orochi...Let me think...If they plan it properly they could have a very minimal chance of winning, almost next to nothing. After all, it's still unsure if Tatsumaki can beat Orochi.

So ONE and his opinion were not set in stone even for Orochi and Tatsumaki when he compared them. (Otherwise Geryu would be equal to Tatsumaki)

If you think the statement should be fully accepted, you’ll have to make a CRT on it. I’m just explaining why it’s only a possibly rating.

But it's supported because "that's the setting he based his drawing on".

Murata said it many times, he doesn't say something if he isn't sure about ONE opinion on it :
but you posted the quote of Murata literally saying he isnt sure his statement about Geryuganshoop’s pebble throw being that strong in “ONE sensei’s official setting” and that he may have overstated abit.

but you posted the quote of Murata literally saying he isnt sure his statement about Geryuganshoop’s pebble throw being that strong in “ONE sensei’s official setting” and that he may have overstated abit.
No, not "overstated" about being sub-lightspeed.
"Overstated" about being stronger than Tatsumaki.

Hence why during the Tatsumaki vs. Gyoro Gyoro puppet fight, Tatsumaki do the exact same move as Geryuganshoop. (Graphic style wise, the throw look the same. Small pebbles launched so fast they ignite the air around them and make a ray of light) Remember what Murata said : "That's the setting I based my drawing on."
Telekinic throw looking like this are sub-light speed.
6.png

p_3.png

No, not "overstated" about being sub-lightspeed.
"Overstated" about being stronger than Tatsumaki.

Hence why during the Tatsumaki vs. Gyoro Gyoro puppet fight, Tatsumaki do the exact same move as Geryuganshoop. (Graphic style wise, the throw look the same. Small pebbles launched so fast they ignite the air around them and make a ray of light) Remember what Murata said : "That's the setting I based my drawing on."
Telekinic throw looking like this are sub-light speed.
I understand now but Tatsumaki and Geryuganshoops attacks do not look the same besides both using tk to throw rocks

It definitely is. It looks nothing like the forms Garou has had yet and it looks more serious/bestial than the forms we’ve seen.
has he finally monsterized? 🤠
from a serious look i like the scaly bumps behind his eyes and the huge open titan looking jaw.
also I seriously do think he fully monsterizes...inb4 i have to cope for 14 more days.

I understand now but Tatsumaki and Geryuganshoops attacks do not look the same besides both using tk to throw rocks
I mean they are represented as extremely fast. (To the point that Gyoro Gyoro didn't have time to react to her attack, and didn't see why her barrier just shattered)

And have the exact same color and graphic style. (White filling line with a heavy black border)
  • The only difference is that Tatsumaki didn't have to make her throw spin for a while before throwing it, hence they are not curved but straight. (So she would have a better ability to control flying objects than Geryuganshoop. Because what was stated before was ):
"Geryuganshoop's ability to control flying objects should be above Tatsumaki, because it can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks as it does, her output would be too powerful, the temperature would increase due to friction and pressure, and would evaporate the rocks in an instant. Geryuganshoop's psychokinesis can eliminate the friction between objects and air so that the rocks can fly at sub-light speed. Tatsumaki can throw very large objects, but there's a limit to how fast she can throw them."

+, there is the context : If Tatsumaki can reach such high KE with smaller and lighter object than Geryuganshoop (Boros' ship scraps). She would need to throw them extremely fast. That's simple logic, since that Murata doesn't Ignore basic physics rule such as KE. (Even for the meteor, it was stated that it was extremely dense)

i mean its like ehh. the "way better" calc is just straight up water ♨️ not in context with the actual feat.
The thing is the "water Calc" that is "way better" is IN my calculation. It's literally cited in the credits.
M3X just say that I'm extrapolating and that the base feat "is a simple surface wiping", hence why he prefer the water boiling calculation of Therefir (that is in fact not surface wiping).

I don't even think he read the whole thing to be honest nor check any maths.

One and Murata should give us an audio interview, with good matches so then we can finaly safely scale characters
Tatsumaki x Garou
Tatsumaki x Boros
Garou x Psykorochi
Garou x Boros
Psykorochi x Boros

since feats and statements seens to be crazy and outdated... Like this, Boros will have its own feat instead of scaling from orochi, also tatsumaki speed would be upgraded fighting both ;-;

The thing is the "water Calc" that is "way better" is IN my calculation. It's literally cited in the credits.
M3X just say that I'm extrapolating and that the base feat "is a simple surface wiping", hence why he prefer the water boiling calculation of Therefir (that is in fact not surface wiping).

I don't even think he read the whole thing to be honest nor check any maths.
Lol we can tell his opinion on Boros.

One and Murata should give us an audio interview, with good matches so then we can finaly safely scale characters
Tatsumaki x Garou
Tatsumaki x Boros
Garou x Psykorochi
Garou x Boros
Psykorochi x Boros

since feats and statements seens to be crazy and outdated... Like this, Boros will have its own feat instead of scaling from orochi, also tatsumaki speed would be upgraded fighting both ;-;
I was really confuse since for me "x" is in use for ship.

A cringe one : Saitama x Genos

also, the statement ''Geryuganshoop's ability to control flying objects should be above Tatsumaki, because it can eliminate the friction between rocks and air. If Tatsumaki throws rocks as it does, her output would be too powerful, the temperature would increase due to friction and pressure, and would evaporate the rocks in an instant'' says that what prevents tatsumaki from throwing objects at sub-light speed is just her ''too powerful'' output and the airfriction, not her speed
can't this be used to say that tats and gery's speed are ''equals''?

Back