• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Unless God does something (and I hope he doesn’t), I think the S-Class ganging up on Garou will be what forces him to fully awaken.

Still, I don't see Darkshine fighting Garou unless he gets another pep-talk. His confidence would be completely and utterly broken after what just happened. Getting beaten by Garou wasn't nearly as bad as what just happened and even that was enough to make him sit still and quietly in a fetal position. If Flashy Flash is healed he might try to go back at Garou but it feels a little silly because of how he got manhandled by him before. We'll see though.

Unless God does something (and I hope he doesn’t), I think the S-Class ganging up on Garou will be what forces him to fully awaken.
I think he is fully awakened, but if you mean him becoming edgy like in the WC, I think it could be related to Tareo, which is what most people are guessing. I can't really see how that'd happen otherwise, and he's definitely not gonna struggle against the S-Class unless Tatsumaki is fully healed or something.

I look at the design of the Elder Centipede, read the arch with it and realize that it looks more impressive and sturdy than its older brother, whose girth is already larger than the entire length of the EC.

It's not about justified expectations and the fact that another Centipede is just superfluous. And how we are presented with a monster.
Elder was a real disaster. Bat, which caused a monster to explode with one blow, whose shell Genos would have pierced only with special attacks, does not leave a scratch on it. Firing a Metal Knight with a super-technological weapon brings even less results. The ultimate attack of Genos is only able to break a tooth, and the full release of his power being inside the Centipede had almost no effect. The only thing that worked was the combined attack of the hero of the 3rd rank of S class and his brother, who was declared stronger than him. An attack that took all their strength. But it only made Elder stronger. That is, not only is no one really able to even scratch this Millipede, but each molt puts it on a higher and higher level. And all this is emphasized by the metallic reflection of the shell and razor-sharp paws. It's really a dragon-level monster.

What about Sage? With its first appearance, its shell immediately breaks Garou. The centipede is literally scared and forced to take a hostage in order not to die corny. Its strength is shown through the fact that it cannot be penetrated by Bad. But we've already seen it and it's not impressive. Moreover, he just didn't have time to pump yet and finally takes his toll through the chapter even to resonance. While everyone perceived Elder as a serious threat, believed that only 3 people could cope with her and saw her as a real disaster, in the case of Sage, two arguing bro simply tell her to shut up when she gets into an argument.
Well, this is emphasized by a dubious design, where the black metal shell was replaced by a stone-chitinous one, and the sharp blade-legs turned into huge pumped-up hands.

To be honest, Sage is not like a larger version of the Elder Centipede, but the older version of the Senior Centipede.

I look at the design of the Elder Centipede, read the arch with it and realize that it looks more impressive and sturdy than its older brother, whose girth is already larger than the entire length of the EC.

It's not about justified expectations and the fact that another Centipede is just superfluous. And how we are presented with a monster.
Elder was a real disaster. Bat, which caused a monster to explode with one blow, whose shell Genos would have pierced only with special attacks, does not leave a scratch on it. Firing a Metal Knight with a super-technological weapon brings even less results. The ultimate attack of Genos is only able to break a tooth, and the full release of his power being inside the Centipede had almost no effect. The only thing that worked was the combined attack of the hero of the 3rd rank of S class and his brother, who was declared stronger than him. An attack that took all their strength. But it only made Elder stronger. That is, not only is no one really able to even scratch this Millipede, but each molt puts it on a higher and higher level. And all this is emphasized by the metallic reflection of the shell and razor-sharp paws. It's really a dragon-level monster.

What about Sage? With its first appearance, its shell immediately breaks Garou. The centipede is literally scared and forced to take a hostage in order not to die corny. Its strength is shown through the fact that it cannot be penetrated by Bad. But we've already seen it and it's not impressive. Moreover, he just didn't have time to pump yet and finally takes his toll through the chapter even to resonance. While everyone perceived Elder as a serious threat, believed that only 3 people could cope with her and saw her as a real disaster, in the case of Sage, two arguing bro simply tell her to shut up when she gets into an argument.
Well, this is emphasized by a dubious design, where the black metal shell was replaced by a stone-chitinous one, and the sharp blade-legs turned into huge pumped-up hands.

To be honest, Sage is not like a larger version of the Elder Centipede, but the older version of the Senior Centipede.
So basically: Iaian can cut Primordial Centipede in half with a toothpick and blindfolded?

page_7.png

page_8-9.png

unknown.png

I'm really curious as to how Garou will become awakened now. All his other options seem to be gone until Murata does a ******* asspull and use GOD.

It showed the moon above Garou after he split in half SC. Which could and probably is just a nice visual thing because the panel is amazing. But it could also be foreshadowing, which makes sense. God has had an active role in this arc, Garou and SC were pretty much bordering on space, and SC is a follower of God that just got killed by Garou. I don't think God will full on control Garou or anything, of course, but might influence him.

Like I said, he'd need substantial durability just to lift it.
But isn't Black Sperm the exception to this rule? We don't use this logic when scaling Black Sperm to punching someone, that he'd need to tank the recoil of his attacks.

Tatsumaki ig

Or the S-Class get a “teamwork amp” and push him into awakening.
Teamwork amp is probably the most likely case ig

If Tatsumaki has been fully revitalized, although I doubt it, I'd very much love a fight between her and Garou, enough to not even care about more waiting for the bald man to enter the scene. Both for more resistance for Garou to telekinesis, but also just as an upgrade for Garou (and maybe Tatsumaki if she reacts to him).

Black Sperm didn't just lift a rock, he grabbed it after it was forcefully thrown at him. His body would need the durability to resist the impact from it. It's definitely a durability feat, though I'm not sure how it'd be calculated.

Inb4 Healthy Tatsumaki misses out on fighting Garou so we’ll never truly know the result of Full Power Tatsumaki vs Awakened Garou.

She’s only ever faced him when weakened massively it seems. I think it’d be a good fight, but he’d adapt over time.

That's why I don't like a lot of the really smooth fanmade Garou designs (even though they're well drawn). Garou sometimes looks like a mummy, but buff, because blood, clothing, bandages and flesh have hybridised in a way.

Imagine this if it were a body builder (+ some horns) and you'll get something similar to this, if it was well drawn.

Last edited:

Also just a weird ramble I have about Orochi's color.

Is it just me or does Orochi being this weird shade of dark pink-ish feel... wrong? Like it really looks awkward and doesn't fit. I've always imagined Orochi being green with golden and red highlights, mainly due to him being a dragon and all. Orochi's overall design (At least before the retcon) gave off the vibe of something like a chinese dragon

Back