• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Can someone fill me on where the idea that Saitama had no killing intent and didn't actually try against AG and therefore Boros would beat AG without difficulty comes from?
People think that Saitama not wanting to kill Garou means that Garou never tanked attacks even close to the power that Boros took. Even though...Saitama was surprised by Garou continuing to fight him? And was surprised when Garou countered his Normal Punch?

It's all just headcanon. Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou obviously, that doesn't mean he wasn't using his normal level of power, and that's what the webcomic was clearly trying to portray, anyhow.

I think he intentionally held back to give him a good fight until Boros busted out an attack that would’ve ended all life on Earth, prompting Saitama to end him
He was surprised when Boros survived his first Normal Punch, and later cut him off while using an attack that he clearly meant to kill Boros (Consecutive Normal Punches), which means he was presumably trying to kill Boros with the punch before that as well. The only hit I'd say Saitama may not have been trying to kill him with is his second Normal Punch that took off Boros' right arm.

People think that Saitama not wanting to kill Garou means that Garou never tanked attacks even close to the power that Boros took. Even though...Saitama was surprised by Garou continuing to fight him? And was surprised when Garou countered his Normal Punch?

It's all just headcanon. Saitama wasn't trying to kill Garou obviously, that doesn't mean he wasn't using his normal level of power, and that's what the webcomic was clearly trying to portray, anyhow.
Garou's problem is, he didn't have any dc feats while manga Boros has tons to scale from in DC and even narrative.

Boros lowkey night be a tank character, sure against Saitama we can't tell but he did tank part of the serious punch and would have regen if he had his energy.
Oh yeah. He doesn't have many durability feats beyond Saitama, but the ones he does have against him are still some of the most impressive durability feats in the series. Honestly I don't know why some people genuinely get the impression that he's some sort of glass cannon with regen like Melzargard. He's tanky af, he probably has continental or multi-continental durability in Meteoric Burst, honestly. And I'm not including downscaling from CSRC or calcs, just that him surviving a Normal Punch with severe but non-lethal (as-in even without regen) injuries should be that impressive.

Garou's problem is, he didn't have any dc feats while manga Boros has tons to scale from in DC and even narrative.
Yeah, I get that. Narratively he's clearly supposed to be on that level, and ONE stated it technically twice according to Murata, but in terms of pure feats AG is REALLY lacking. I think that's why people are really hoping that he gets actual feats in the manga. His only feats in the WC are countering Saitama, tanking his normal attacks, and even continuing to fight after taking a Serious Series attack (which is unquantifiable obviously especially cause it destroyed his arm, but narratively it's very impressive because literally no one has done that before).

Against Boros Saitama was definitely going to kill him, since he was a monster who would commit genocide without any remorse, however he only didn't because he comprehended his problem of never finding a good fight and he surprised him with his transformations, giving saitama a small hope that he could provide some entertainment. He was holding back during the fight and could finish it with one punch.

Against Garou, Saitama was definitely going to spare him, he just wanted to kick his ass and try to bring him back to the right path by dissing his ideology and pulling him out of his monster play, he also surprised him with his limiter breaking RE, giving Saitama a small hope that he could provide some entertainment. He was also holding back during the fight and could knock him out with only one punch.

Garou being a human and Boros being a monster didn't influence their fight itself, only the ending awaiting for them when Saitama finally got bored of it. (though you could say he would have to be a bit more careful against garou, since inferior regeneration.)

Against Boros Saitama was definitely going to kill him, since he was a monster who would commit genocide without any remorse, however he only didn't because he comprehended his problem of never finding a good fight and he surprised him with his transformations, giving saitama a small hope that he could provide some entertainment. He was holding back during the fight and could finish it with one punch.

Against Garou, Saitama was definitely going to spare him, he just wanted to kick his ass and try to bring him back to the right path by dissing his ideology and pulling him out of his monster play, he also surprised him with his limiter breaking RE, giving Saitama a small hope that he could provide some entertainment. He was also holding back during the fight and could knock him out with only one punch.

Garou being a human and Boros being a monster didn't influence their fight itself, only the ending awaiting for them when Saitama finally got bored of it. (though you could say he would have to be a bit more careful against garou, since inferior regeneration.)
Pretty much what I think but I would argue Saitama knew Garou durability-wise was insane and knew he would survive two-handed consecutive normal punches and SSSH without exploding.

I'm pretty sure that the first punch he threw against Boros was intended to kill him and only failed because Boros was a lot more durable than Saitama anticipated.
I don't think he was trying to kill him, he just thought boros was an absolute clown for roaming the universe just to quench his thirst. He was simply giving boros the rover and EOW treatment imo.

Pretty much what I think but I would argue Saitama knew Garou durability-wise was insane and knew he would survive two-handed consecutive normal punches and SSSH without exploding.
Two handed consecutive punches maybe, but the serious headbutt was clearly aimed only for his arm and it got obliterated.

I don't think he was trying to kill him, he just thought boros was an absolute clown for roaming the universe just to quench his thirst. He was simply giving boros the rover and EOW treatment imo.
He was blatantly surprised when Boros survived his first punch, and Boros is a genocidal alien Monster, not like Rover who he thought was just a big dog, and he did intend to kill EOW. EOW just survived cause it's water.

The only punch I could see Saitama intentionally holding back enough to not kill Boros with was his second Normal Punch. Other than that there's no reason to think so.

Saitama is pretty good at measuring other people's strength, and usually uses a punch capable of blowing them up and speed enough to nearly blitz. Garou was able to last longer because of his skill, allowing him to deflect and predict attacks a normal opponent couldn't. Boros was able to last longer because of his regen wich allowed him to get exploded by Saitama and then just put himself back together and go back to offensive.
Both skill and regen are futile when Saitama gets serious. (unless you are ENW)

He was blatantly surprised when Boros survived his first punch,
He kept talking about how dumb boros is after already punching him. He wouldn't need to aimlessly talk after "killing" someone, especially knowing saitama is a 20 words or less guy. He was most likely looking to just ko boros. He said "hm" in the manga with just a slightly open mouth, he just wasn't expecting boros to get up.
and he did intend to kill EOW.
I guess you could argue that but saitama said right after that punch, "do it somewhere else" as if he was disiplining EOW.

Saitama is pretty good at measuring other people's strength, and usually uses a punch capable of blowing them up and speed enough to nearly blitz. Garou was able to last longer because of his skill, allowing him to deflect and predict attacks a normal opponent couldn't. Boros was able to last longer because of his regen wich allowed him to get exploded by Saitama and then just put himself back together and go back to offensive.
Both skill and regen are futile when Saitama gets serious. (unless you are ENW)
unknown.png

He has no way to measure strength, the only way he can is if someone can survive his hits, although he is impressed by one of Garou's attacks at the start, which is another suggestion about Garou's strength.

He kept talking about how dumb boros is after already punching him. He wouldn't need to aimlessly talk after "killing" someone, especially knowing saitama is a 20 words or less guy. He was most likely looking to just ko boros. He said "hm" in the manga with just a slightly open mouth, he just wasn't expecting boros to get up.

I guess you could argue that but saitama said right after that punch, "do it somewhere else" as if he was disiplining EOW.
That doesn't mean he didn't intend to kill him. A lot of anime characters do stuff like that. It's possible but speculative overall.

I didn't even remember that. It could've also been that he was just annoyed that it was all happening next to him. But yeah that's fully plausible. Honestly just vague.

That doesn't mean he didn't intend to kill him. A lot of anime characters do stuff like that. It's possible but speculative overall.
agree to disagree
I didn't even remember that. It could've also been that he was just annoyed that it was all happening next to him. But yeah that's fully plausible. Honestly just vague.
from my perspective saitama is basically the dad of everyone. everyone who acts out of line gets there ass whooped by him lol.

Yeah, but Saitama is the same guy who can punch B-class Henchmen with just enough power to knock them out without any repercussions and cancel out a Surface wiping attack without many repercussions. When coming back from the moon he also asks himself ''wonder how many times weaker gravity is here compared to earth'' implying he does puts some thought into how strong his attacks should be to utterly destroy a foe or acomplish an objective without causing collateral damage (EC fight too).
I think he just doesn't know how to properly powerscale his foes in comparison to one another, since to him all feats so far are casual and everyone he meets are different tiers of fodder, except Boros and Garou who have some special traits to distinguish themselves.

When Garou begins to transform into his various different states and attack Saitama in the manga (if it also happens there) I hope that he gets really impressive DC/AP feats, but Saitama stands there and takes each hit with the same expressionless face before hitting him again. Not only does Garou need those feats, but it'd just be great seeing how Saitama seems invincible to Garou. Like no matter how much earth-shattering power he gets, Saitama will never be phased by it. It'd really help to cement the idea that Garou will never beat Saitama as a Monster.

Yeah, but Saitama is the same guy who can punch B-class Henchmen with just enough power to knock them out without any repercussions and cancel out a Surface wiping attack without many repercussions. When coming back from the moon he also asks himself ''wonder how many times weaker gravity is here compared to earth'' implying he does puts some thought into how strong his attacks should be to utterly destroy a foe or acomplish an objective without causing collateral damage (EC fight too).
I think he just doesn't know how to properly powerscale his foes in comparison to one another, since to him all feats so far are casual and everyone he meets are different tiers of fodder, except Boros and Garou who have some special traits to distinguish themselves.
I speculate that against the fodder humans he's just using a set amount of power for all of them, far below his regular strength, but he knows it should be enough to deal with them.

I hope Garou gets another resolve test during his fight against Saitama like "i never wanted to have to use these techniques against an opponent, but in order to truly become a monster i must get rid of this pointless humanity", then he starts busting out the most lethal techniques in his arsenal, like pressure points that instantly kill, something like Baki's benda whip wich strikes the nerves and can kill someone from pain, organ shockwaves, Grappling moves that can permanently cripple or easily kill someone, (maybe some chi stuff if he studied some ancient 5000 years chinese martial art) and Saitama is just there tanking everything with a deadpan face and wondering what exactly made all these attacks and so called techniques so special.

I hope Garou gets another resolve test during his fight against Saitama like "i never wanted to have to use these techniques against an opponent, but in order to truly become a monster i must get rid of this pointless humanity", then he starts busting out the most lethal techniques in his arsenal, like pressure points that instantly kill, something like Baki's benda whip wich strikes the nerves and can kill someone from pain, organ shockwaves, Grappling moves that can permanently cripple or easily kill someone, (maybe some chi stuff if he studied some ancient 5000 years chinese martial art) and Saitama is just there tanking everything with a deadpan face and wondering what exactly made all these attacks and so called techniques so special.
He should start copying monster attacks and utilizing them with his martial arts.

I mean garou has been using the shockwave punch that attacks from the inside, the one he used on bang. and him using that one a big scale should be pretty cool. I hope he gets a cool hax, opm hax are so dumb yet so unique. inb4 garou uses a mind negating martial arts.

im confused, does it not mean the opposite? lol
didn't the last chapter also say hes gonna work on the book but it ended up being a new chapter.
Edit: if it is indeed redraws, we only need 2 chapters redone max, nothing else, so 1 month of redraws is fine with me.

Last edited:
Back