• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyways, I'm currently making progress on the whole webcomic/Murata seperation thing. I'll either post it here or in a CRT

I'd say depends tbh. Not all characters should need webcomic profiles, Only the most popular or notable ones, same goes for Anime, although as of now, only Boros and Saitama really deserves anime profiles. I prefer seperate profiles over keys ad it makes things more coherent and less cluttered.

@Ourosboros Would you prefer I make a CRT for the seperation stuff or just paste it here when I'm done with it? I'm currently nearly done with the heroes side of things, I haven't got to the villains yet.

Webcomic profiles should definitely be made. It's very obvious that the webcomic vs manga thing is the same as manga vs anime for Dragon Ball Super, and DBS does have pages for the manga separately. The anime, of course, just follows the manga from Season 2 onwards.

I don't agree with any anime profiles, personally. Season 1 was heavily more powerful than both webcomic and anime because it was led by a studio that just went crazy on the animation, leading to the anime version of OPM looking far more powerful than in what could be called canon. Season 2 didn't have any noticeable diverges from the manga in terms of powerscaling topics.

I'd say depends tbh. Not all characters should need webcomic profiles, Only the most popular or notable ones, same goes for Anime, although as of now, only Boros and Saitama really deserves anime profiles. I prefer seperate profiles over keys ad it makes things more coherent and less cluttered.

@Ourosboros Would you prefer I make a CRT for the seperation stuff or just paste it here when I'm done with it? I'm currently nearly done with the heroes side of things, I haven't got to the villains yet.
Just post it in here first, it's best if you run the changes by everyone before you take it to CRT.

Excited to see what changes this will bring.

477e81d74638d904f01cb54d8ea0f4a5.gif

I don't agree with any anime profiles, personally. Season 1 was heavily more powerful than both webcomic and anime because it was led by a studio that just went crazy on the animation, leading to the anime version of OPM looking far more powerful than in what could be called canon. Season 2 didn't have any noticeable diverges from the manga in terms of powerscaling topics.
As long as you don't scrap my boy Pluton

If it was animated by the current studio I doubt Pluton would've even existed. Although yeah adding a profile for Pluton in specific wouldn't hurt.

If it was animated by the current studio I doubt Pluton would've even existed. Although yeah adding a profile for Pluton in specific wouldn't hurt.
He's already got a profile, he's our only anime-only profile now that Ancient King got added in surreptitiously to the manga. I don't think we need to add profiles either I was just worried you wanted to take him down

Tatsumaki is one character that definitely needs a webcomic profile. Once that’s a thing, we can scale Golden Sperm to her and finally drop the “Orochi = Golden Sperm” scaling.

Tatsumaki is one character that definitely needs a webcomic profile. Once that’s a thing, we can scale Golden Sperm to her and finally drop the “Orochi = Golden Sperm” scaling.
I’m confused here... you mean scale golden sperm to webcomic tats? Cause that’s the only one we can do, considering golden sperm is yet to make an appearance in the manga.

I’m confused here... you mean scale golden sperm to webcomic tats? Cause that’s the only one we can do, considering golden sperm is yet to make an appearance in the manga.
Yes, of course I mean webcomic Tatsumaki.
Orochi never appeared in the webcomic right? Just making sure as my memory is rusty
Yeah, Orochi doesn’t exist in the Webcomic.

Murata never said Tatsumaki couldn’t bring down the ship, he only said she can’t do it easily.

The Boros arc was full of Plot Induced Stupidity if you think about it. Genos or Darkshine could’ve obliterated Melzargard but they just... stood around...

Tatsumaki could’ve made a hole in the ship and float everyone inside it but nah, just gonna stand around and do very little for a few chapters.

Eh. One Punch Man was an infant back then, so it’s not that big a real, but still.

Murata never said Tatsumaki couldn’t bring down the ship, he only said she can’t do it easily.

The Boros arc was full of Plot Induced Stupidity if you think about it. Genos or Darkshine could’ve obliterated Melzargard but they just... stood around...

Tatsumaki could’ve made a hole in the ship and float everyone inside it but nah, just gonna stand around and do very little for a few chapters.

Eh. One Punch Man was an infant back then, so it’s not that big a real, but still.
Just look at the character design for the s-class. ONE knew he wanted a big cast of characters to form the core of this new worldbuilding project, but he wasn't sure what to do with all of them for the action sequence. What we see now is the refined S-class, clear-cut characters, unique styles and on point performance. If the arc were redone I'm sure ONE would do it like you say

I think the later one punch man chapter did improve in quality. In a way, the manga and the anime can be seen as more e polished or refine version of the webcomic's story

Back