• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
When multiple stronger characters consistently perform feats on a lower level (in this case, Tier 6), the higher end feat becomes an outlier.
Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶D̶B̶S̶ ̶T̶i̶e̶r̶ ̶7̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶c̶

I can see the appeal, but what author would think this feat is on par with the destruction of small stars, especially when Saitama requires some vague kind of effort to destroy a planet's surface?

Besides, we gotta see if the math is even correct.

I don’t support Tier 4 but doesn’t this logic defeat the purpose of power-scaling?
Not really. Outliers have always been a thing and sometimes feats are legitimately far to out there to make a resonable degree of power scslkng sense. Like making Superman 1-A effects the entire franchise, not just Superman.

Anyways the feat itself doesn't work because it's Low 4-C and the Earth would instantly implode from the frictional force if it was true.

Low 5-B is pushing the envelope, anything at 5-B or beyond would just be kinda ridiculous with this particular feat. If we do completely discard the KE method, we can just use earthquakes and end up with a High 6-B or 6-A result that would be much more consistent.

Besides, we gotta see if the math is even correct
Stoke's Law is about a spherical object moving i. An enviroment where no particles will interact with each other and the substance it's moving in is a gas or liquid. The Earth's outer core and mantel are neither of those things.

Anyways the feat itself doesn't work because it's Low 4-C and the Earth would instantly implode from the frictional force if it was true.
So the feat is unusable?

If we do completely discard the KE method, we can just use earthquakes and end up with a High 6-B or 6-A result that would be much more consistent.
Aren't the earthquakes a part of the entire feat? Taking that and just discarding the rest of it feels like cherrypicking

So the feat is unusable?
It's the equalivent of Hulk's 3-A moon earthquake feat if you take the calc at face value. Frictional force will impart the energy on the planet and since its Low 4-C the resulting energy is more than enough to destroy the planet, which is just not possible.

Aren't the earthquakes a part of the entire
Earthquakes happen before the core is pulled.

Oh, so he did the earthquake, then the pull, it's not simultaneous. I guess High 6-C to High 6-B Orochi is fine then. Downgrade let's go

I guess if the KE pull is flawed the other way to calc ir would just be getting the temperature/heat of the sphere and convert that to joules or something.

I guess if the KE pull is flawed the other way to calc ir would just be getting the temperature/heat of the sphere and convert that to joules or something.
True, we could convert the energy of the magma and calculate compressing it? If that wouldn't yield even crazier results that is.

True, we could convert the energy of the magma and calculate compressing it?
It wouldn't be matter conversion, it would be absorbing the thermal energy of the sphere rather than assume the sphere has mass that was pulled up.

I tried to do something like that and the answer was moon level+. It is very likely that I did something wrong though

Orochi's planet shaking doesn't look anything particularly special. The standard calc for shaking a planet is Small Country level. I don't see why Orochi's earthquake was a magnitude 10
Magnitude 4 earthquakes (the low 6-B type) don't cause any destruction. I think magnitude 5 or 6 is more likely since we did see notable damage. It was definitely magnitude 8 in Z city where large chunks of building were falling down, but I don't know if there was any damage at all on the far side of the planet

We already have a calc for Orochi's earthquake, which is High 6-C to High 6-B. So I don't see why we should make a new one.

That calc wasn't referring to shaking Earth though. It just took values from the previous calculation.
I rechecked and you're right.

Magnitude 4 earthquakes (the low 6-B type) don't cause any destruction. I think magnitude 5 or 6 is more likely since we did see notable damage. It was definitely magnitude 8 in Z city where large chunks of building were falling down, but I don't know if there was any damage at all on the far side of the planet
We don't see any major damage so I don't think we should assume higher. 5 to 6 does make sense. To anything in the tier 5 range feels kind of a reach.

I think even if tier 5 Orochi ends up being cancelled(I wish it doesn't), we can still keep Saitama at low 5-B. 44 terawatts (44 trillion watts) of heat flows through the core. That means 44 terajoule per second. The core will cool down about 91 billion years later. There are
31 556 926 seconds in a year.

So to calculate total energy the core will produce

44000000000000 × 91000000000 × 31556926 = 1,26353932e32
And we divide this by 2
The answer is 6,31769659e31 Joules.

But Orochi doesn't absorb all of this. According to Orochi's calculation, it is about 2.06e17 m^3. The core's volume is 7.6e18 m^3.

So 6,31769659e31 × (2.06e17 ÷ 7.6e18) = 1,71242828e30(moon level+)

And small planet level starts from 1.81x10^30.

Low 5-B via Gaia Canon and Low 5-B, likely far higher Saitama still should work

Last edited:
Nepal_Earthquake_2015_08.jpg

No, it's just being able to do noticeable damage to reinforced structures.

Here's a 7.8 in Nepal, just for reference. I'm pretty sure this 9.4-9.6 earthquake doesn't even come close, either.
7.8 road damage.

Back