• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's actually not. The buildings that had parts shaken off were previously damaged in the top side fight at the start of the arc. A mag 7 or higher causes much more damage the what was shown
I'm not talking about the damage to the buildings. I was referencing the entire city that exploded.

That calc wasn't referring to shaking Earth though. It just took values from the previous calculation.
No, it was referring to the Earthquake. I just added in the previous calc because the feat was replicated in the redraw and combined the two ends.

The worldwide earthquake part happened before the epicenter moved if that's relevant.
It is, because the epicenter is where the shockwaves are coming from which is why the city rolls and volcanoes trigger when it's moved to City Z. The entire planet was not subjected to that effect.

It is, because the epicenter is where the shockwaves are coming from which is why the city rolls and volcanoes trigger when it's moved to City Z. The entire planet was not subjected to that effect.
Oh I always thought the magma coming closer was the reason for the volcanos eruptions tbh. Since the magma is pushed up. Kinda like squeezing a fresh toothpaste capsul.

Stoke's Law is about a spherical object moving i. An enviroment where no particles will interact with each other and the substance it's moving in is a gas or liquid. The Earth's outer core and mantel are neither of those things.
the earth's mantle is solid but due to various factors such as the temperature difference between the Earth's surface and outer core , it behaves like a liquid

yes, in real life the earth would have been destroyed but this is fiction and does not follow this logic

the only way that orochi could do what he did without destroying the earth would be by moving the part of the earth's core very very slowly (he would need years to reach the surface without causing irreparable damage to the earth)

in any case your calculation is not good because it completely ignores the friction, which in this situation is too great a force to be ignored
if, as in your case, the friction force is ignored, an airplane should be able to "fly" through magma as easily as it moves through air
the reason why this does not happen is friction, which in this situation would be so large as to completely prevent the movement of the plane even by just a few centimeters
and this is the same reason why we don't have supersonic submarines

the frictional force in high viscosity liquids / solids is too great to ignore

I am 100% sure that if you take into account the frictional force the energy needed to move that part of the core at that speed is greater than the energy needed to destroy the earth (and as you say in real life the earth will be torn apart)
then you have 2 possibilities:
1) exactly how the boros ship is able to withstand the impact of saitama (which in real life would have completely destroyed it) you can hypothesize that the world of opm is made up of a very strong material that can withstand those energy levels (similar to toriko's planet)
2) Completely discard what orochi did as it does not follow real world logic

ignoring the force of friction is not a viable option since the earth's mantle is not made of air!!!

Well this is fiction after all. And this is a metal we have no idea about and is even stated that it's not from Earth

the earth's mantle is solid but due to various factors such as the temperature difference between the Earth's surface and outer core , it behaves like a liquid
It behaving like a liquid doesn't change that Stoke's law is about solid substances interacting with fluids of a different particle amount in a uniform body of material. The fest occurs over multiple layers of the Earth with uneven material, the particles do interact with each other, and it's going through a solid most of the time rather than a liquid.

yes, in real life the earth would have been destroyed but this is fiction and does not follow this logic
Fiction doesn't follow logic but our calcs do. You cannot calculate a feat that involves an object exerting friction on the planet that's nearly ten billion times higher than the Earth's GBE.

1) exactly how the boros ship is able to withstand the impact of saitama
Because it's alien super metal, not something we have a tangible idea of how it works

ignoring the force of friction is not a viable option
We're not ignoring it, it's just the basis of your calc is flawed

even if my calculation is wrong
if you take into account the friction force the feat will surpass the energy required to destroy the earth

there is also the enormous pressure of the earth's mantle to consider

Wouldn't the pressure of the Earth's mantle be completely overwhelmed by the kind of power needed to perform the feat in the first place?

orochi's feat
i don't know how to post the calculation so i leave it here
1) I use the parameters used in the original calculation
2) the result exceeds the energy needed to destroy the earth, but this is NOT a problem because the object is not an explosion but is more like a bullet and is absorbed before leaving the earth's crust (considering its energy, had it not been absorbed it probably would have traveled into space for quite a while)

A) we need to find the formula to calculate the viscous friction
based on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stokes'_law
- (sphere)
Re (reynolds' s number) = (2 * radius * speed * fluid density) / fluid viscosity
if Re <1 we can use the following formula to calculate the friction:
F (viscous friction force) = -6 * pi * viscosity * radius * speed
the viscosity of the upper terrestrial mantle varies from 10e + 19 to 10e + 24 (source wikipedia) and the lower mantle is denser than the upper one so for simplification I will use a lower average (10e + 22) even if it should be closer to 10e +24
I use the density of the earth because I could not find the specific one of the earth's mantle (there shouldn't be big differences) d = 5515 kg / m ^ 3
since the object starts from standstill and accelerates
to find the work we have to calculate the friction at the start and the friction at the end and then do the integral using the distance
then Re1 (stopped -> speed (v = 0)) = 2 * r * 0 * density / Viscosity = 0 (Re <1)
F1 = 0 (since it is a multiplication by 0)

Re2 = (2 * 366717.0236 * 3177965/20 * 5515) / 10e + 22 = 6e-8
Re <1 then we can use the above formula

but to calculate the integral:
speed (v) = space (d) / time
(F = -6pi * viscosity * radius * distance / time)

the object starts from d1 = 0 (starting space)
and arrives at d2 = 3177965 m (distance traveled / point of arrival)

work (joule) = force (= friction in this case in newtons) * displacement (m)
since the friction force changes according to the speed to find the work we have to calculate the following integral

integral from d1 to d2 of (F sd) = integral from 0 to d2 of -6pi * viscosity * radius * (d / t) ds
= Integral from d1 = 0 to d2 = 3177965 of -6pi * 10e + 22 * 366717.0236 * (d / 20)
using https://www.integral-calculator.com/
the result W (work) = -
+174441643610431532107500000000000000000000 joules
or 1.74e + 41 j
I hope I have not made some casting mistake in doing so

CmtikkM.png

Does anyone have the original kanji for this? I'd like to see a translated raw.

Last edited:
I rechecked and you're right.

We don't see any major damage so I don't think we should assume higher. 5 to 6 does make sense. To anything in the tier 5 range feels kind of a reach.
We do see major damage, room-sized chunks of building are falling off and high rise buildings are falling over by the surface team. That's 8 at a minimum

At the very least the earthquake Orochi caused is magnitude 6, as Captain Mizuki says the quake was bigger than the previous one.

Fuhrer Ugly's Low 7-B rating comes from him being vastly above high demon lvl monster, which are also Low 7-B. Why wouldn't Fuhrer be casually above demon levels when hes a Dragon lvl himself?
I don't agree with the "not going all out" part, I agree with you, he should scale

Okay so here's a possible recalc I can do
Estimates of the total heat flow from Earth's interior to surface span a range of 43 to 49 terawatts (TW) (a terawatt is 10^12 watts).[10] One recent estimate is 47 TW,[1] equivalent to an average heat flux of 91.6 mW/m^2, and is based on more than 38,000 measurements. The respective mean heat flows of continental and oceanic crust are 70.9 and 105.4 mW/m2.[1]
Heat flux or thermal flux, sometimes also referred to as heat flux density[1], heat-flow density or heat flow rate intensity is a flow of energy per unit of area per unit of time.
So using my Orochi Calc
SA = 4πr^2

SA = 4 * π * (366,717.0236)^2

SA = 1,689,942,800,000 m^2

1,689,942,800,000 m^2 * 91.6 Megawatts/m^2 = 154,798,760,480,000 Megawatts or 1.5479876047999998e+20 Watts

Watts = Joules per second

1.5479876047999998e+20 Watts = 1.5479876047999998e+20 Joules per second (6-C)
So we add this to the Earthquake stuff and Orochi is downgraded to High 6-C or 6-A depending on which earthquake method we want to use.

Back