• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yes, we've got plenty Spanish speakers here, myself included. It's wonderful that we've finally got some readily translateable text here. Metal Knight drone durability doesn't scale definitively to anyone, now that casual Orochi doesn't exist and since we can't be sure who damaged the drone before it appeared before Orochi. Did Orochi crush the drone, did EC do that? I wish we had more info to use the durability for scaling.
EC's Carapace scales above via Metal Knight wanting it to improve his weapon development. It was stated that Metal Knight can harm the HA building with his weapons, so EC scales.

Alright, doing a rough calc based on this image and the 15.024 km value done by Genos gets about 4.4995 km.

This means the building took 0.7232 gigatons of the total blast. I'd imagine the drones would downscale somewhat since plate armour would be way more flimsy.
Would you be willing to make a blog for this? If EC's carapace is really an improvement on the alloys Metal Knight has, that implies that EC could have tanked the bombardment and would affect scaling for all current 7-Bs. If the results really are 7-A+, that would be awfully convenient...

Another thing about EC, in his profile it's said that Orochi thought EC was comparable to Gouketsu, but when was this, and why is it on his post-molting key? In all the flashbacks with EC coming from Orochi, it showed him pre-molting, and that makes sense given that Orochi probably wasn't even aware that EC molted, it's never brought up by Phoenix Man who may not even know EC has that ability, and other monsters and MA members don't mention it either.

I find it a bit hard to believe that Gouketsu is above EC as when we first saw him, or that Gouketsu could walk off the Bang/Bomb combo move like EC did.

I agree. Didn't By Asura say the HQ took something like 0.7 Gigatons or I'm just being dumb?
It was around 7-A+, yes

Alternatively we can do KE scaling EC's speed to the speed of death Gatling's gun, or some other reasonable speed.
I still disagree with this, because whatever speed we try to use, it Will always be an immense lowball of EC's actual speed. And we can't use High Hypseonic as that would be calc stacking

Another thing about EC, in his profile it's said that Orochi thought EC was comparable to Gouketsu, but when was this, and why is it on his post-molting key? In all the flashbacks with EC coming from Orochi, it showed him pre-molting, and that makes sense given that Orochi probably wasn't even aware that EC molted, it's never brought up by Phoenix Man who may not even know EC has that ability, and other monsters and MA members don't mention it either.

I find it a bit hard to believe that Gouketsu is above EC as when we first saw him, or that Gouketsu could walk off the Bang/Bomb combo move like EC did.
We agreed that only post molt scales because that's where the statement of EC being equal or superior to Gouketsu comes from, post molt EC was the form of EC Geno's fought.

And scaling to pre molt caused scaling contradictions

We agreed that only post molt scales because that's where the statement of EC being equal or superior to Gouketsu comes from, post molt EC was the form of EC Geno's fought.

And scaling to pre molt caused scaling contradictions.

There seems to be something of a vapor cone forming around Elder Centipede as he moves to intercept Genos's blast.
Or multiple sonic booms not sure.

Can you tell me what contradictions please?
Bruh. I'mma just copy and paste everything:

Also while revising the scaling chain, I noticed something odd. Mainly about Carnage Kabuto, Rover and Darkshine

I'll tackle CK first. So this is Carnage Kabuto's scaling chain:

Carnage Kabuto ≈ Superalloy Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially > Garou's durability against Rover <= Overgrown Rover > Base Bang > Elder centipede => Gouketsu.

So as shown, Carnage Kabuto scales above Gouketsu. But here's the problem, we list CK as inferior to Gouketsu off of the basis that a Gouketsu who was barely trying against Genos, and Genos stated that Gouketsu was by far the strongest monster he had seen by that point, and he has only seen a fraction of Gouketsu's power, but has seen Carnage Kabuto's full power in the past several times.

So by Genos' statement. Gouketsu is stronger than Carnage Kabuto. Which does line up with the evidence. But the scaling chain kinda says otherwise. I dunno what to do here, I'll leave this one up to ya'll

And for Darkshine and Rover. Ya'll remember the scaling chain I placed above? I realized placing bang and bomb does contradict quite some things.

So Base Bang and Bomb being superior to Darkshine would mean that Rover is much stronger than Darkshine. Which also leads to the inital Half monster Garou durability to exceed Darkshine's which makes no sense considering we see how easy Darkshine rekt Half monster Garou when they first fought, and Garou only gets stronger from then on. And do you all see what I mean?

Base Bang and Bomb being superior to darkshine in AP or durability doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and only creates scaling contradictions and circular scaling, which leads to greater confusion.

This can all be easily cleaned up: Only Post Molt Elder Centipede should scale to possibly 7-A+

This is mainly due to the fact that Post Molt EC is the one that Genos fought and vaguely describes as more powerful than Gouketsu. So with that in mind. Only those who scale to Post Molt EC, shall receive Possibly 7-A, that being:

• Post-Superfight Genos' Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon should be "At least City level, possibly Mountain level+" as he could significantly harm Elder Centipede but not completely. And before anyone asks, no, this should not scale to his base stats nor should his post elder centipede key as A. It's heavily contradictory to the scaling of things B. Base Post Superfight Genos isn't even the level of a threat level dragon at this time of the story and C. there is nothing to show that Post Elder centipede Genos' physicals scale to this Ultra Spiral incineration cannon.
  • Bang's second key, his awakened breath mode, as he needed it to go against Post Molt EC
  • Current Half Monster Garou, who can fight on par with Awakened breath bang

Courtesy of @ImposingTiger, the current scale above would like this FYI:

Elder Centipede post molting > Gouketsu > CK = Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially >= Garou's durability against Rover <= Rover's AP > Base Bang/Bomb > Elder Centipede pre molt

And scaling to pre molt caused scaling contradictions
Where is that statement, though? That was a question I asked but wasn't answered.

Also, what scaling contradictions? I didn't see the CRT

I think it's more like this:
Carnage Kabuto ≈ Superalloy Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially > Garou's durability against Rover < Overgrown Rover's AP > Base Bang < Overgrown Rover's Durability > Elder centipede pre-molt => Gouketsu < Elder centipede post-molt

Gouketsu was by far the strongest monster he had seen
Strongest he had faced, I believe was what he said, which wouldn't include Carnage Mode.

I can buy Base CK being maybe a little weaker than Gouketsu, because of how the story portrays them and due to the VGS.
-CK took doen Genos with two punches while playing around.
-Gouketsu took down a greatly damaged Genos (from fighting Awakened Cockroach and Face Ripper) in just one.
-In the VGS, CK one-shots Genos every time he tries to fight him, based on the laugh we hear we can assume that was just him playing around as well or not taking it as seriously as he would in a properly serious battle.

Being an S-Class hero, Gouketsu had no reason to take it easy with Genos, and that punch was likely pretty serious, if not as strong as Gouketsu deemed necessary for an S-Class hero which would've been a lot, especially when Genos shines within the S-Class when it comes to destructive power.

I'd say Carnage Mode CK should be on the same level if not above Gouketsu, considering Gouketsu's feat on Genos is only a little more impressive than what Base CK did, VGS-wise or within the story.

Gouketsu > CK = Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially >= Garou's durability against Rover <= Rover's AP > Base Bang/Bomb
Doesn't Darkshine confirm during their first battle that Bang (and likely Bomb) is above Garou when the two fight?

Isn't it on his profile?
Not what Orochi said, that's definitely not on EC's profile.

The statement used from Gyoro Gyoro is for Pre-Molting EC, as Bang or Genos alone wouldn't have been enough on their own. Are we to believe Gouketsu would've stood a chance against Bang, Bomb and Post-Gouketsu Genos, or dish out their combo move? I can see only a few non-Orochi/Boros level monsters being able to do that, like Golden Sperm, Rover, ENW and as we saw, EC.

And why does Genos scale to hurting EC when he only aimed at the eyes or the centipede's insides, which are EC's more vulnerable parts? Only Bang and Bomb ever did any damage to his carapace.

Carnage Kabuto ≈ Superalloy Darkshine's AP > Garou's durability against Darkshine initially > Garou's durability against Rover < Overgrown Rover's AP > Base Bang < Overgrown Rover's Durability > Elder centipede pre-molt => Gouketsu < Elder centipede post-molt
Did you not read my post? I already stated that Gouketsu is stated to be stronger than Carnage Kabuto.

o as shown, Carnage Kabuto scales above Gouketsu. But here's the problem, we list CK as inferior to Gouketsu off of the basis that a Gouketsu who was barely trying against Genos, and Genos stated that Gouketsu was by far the strongest monster he had seen by that point, and he has only seen a fraction of Gouketsu's power, but has seen Carnage Kabuto's full power in the past several times.

So by Genos' statement. Gouketsu is stronger than Carnage Kabuto. Which does line up with the evidence. But the scaling chain kinda says otherwise. I dunno what to do here, I'll leave this one up to ya'll

1. What makes you think that Gouketsu was barely trying against Genos
2. Genos saw almost nothing from Carnage Mode Kabuto. All he was was him jumping around and get one shot from Saitama

1. What makes you think that Gouketsu was barely trying against Genos
Why does he have reason to? I doubt he would use 7-A+ power against a High 7-C being. Especially when we know Gouketsu can sense power levels.

2. Genos saw almost nothing from Carnage Mode Kabuto. All he was was him jumping around and get one shot from Saitama
He was literally going all out.

I might have missed the CRT that did this, but why does Vaccine Man have town level durability? I feel like it should just be unknown since we never saw his full capabilities aside from his energy balls. TBH town level durability feels like downplay.

I might have missed the CRT that did this, but why does Vaccine Man have town level durability? I feel like it should just be unknown since we never saw his full capabilities aside from his energy balls. TBH town level durability feels like downplay.
He was in the epicenter of one of his 7-B blasts. His page should be changed.

He doesn't mention Bang nor Bomb
He does, though? It's right after he goes full power, too.

He only scales with one specific attack, and that attack broke his shell
Fair enough, I had seen scans being used of him cutting through his eyes as evidence, must've been removed or maybe that was something else.

He was literally going all out
I mean, in the manga Genos doesn't say anything regarding Carnage Mode, assuming he could even percieve CK moving in that state, considering he was speedblitzed by his base state pretty easily (and I doubt Carnage Mode made him slower).

Especially when we know Gouketsu can sense power levels
wha

Gouketsu wouldn't have faced Saitama if that was the case, much like CK, unless he's actually an idiot after all the intelligence he displayed, and like CK I doubt he was, and it didn't seem to be a case of overconfidence in that one page Murata drew of Saitama dodging Gouketsu's kick. He ranked the tournament guys based on their appearances (like Volten), performances, attitudes and their new abilities (it's not just power he respects or deems valuable for the MA), and with Bakuzan based on his speed and power given how he trashed Suiryu, most likely. He still ordered those chump fighters to go after Suiryu, if he could've sensed their power he would've only ordered that to Choze, and even then he was still inferior to Suiryu (Gouketsu was also surprised by the result). I'm pretty confident that Gouketsu doesn't have such an ability, he just has a keen sense for fighters who appear powerful superficially.

My question on Orochi's statement for Gouketsu being comparable to post-molting EC still hasn't been answered, most likely because everyone's aware Orochi never compares Gouketsu to a state of EC he doesn't know exists.

There seems to be something of a vapor cone forming around Elder Centipede as he moves to intercept Genos's blast.
Or multiple sonic booms not sure.
I'm just seeing effect lines. We've seen Murata draw sonic booms and vapor cones and those do not match his designs at all.

Would you be willing to make a blog for this? If EC's carapace is really an improvement on the alloys Metal Knight has, that implies that EC could have tanked the bombardment and would affect scaling for all current 7-Bs. If the results really are 7-A+, that would be awfully convenient...
He doesn't outright suggest it's superior to armour. He just wants to use it for some sort of weapon development. But sure, I'll do the blog.

Like Carioca says, we should probably get some translations from the Japanese scan.

Back