• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
damn im afraid this opm community of vs battles wiki will die because people cant get used to the new forum.

Yeah, everyone gets bored of a certain hobby or activity eventually.

Having the pace slowed down a bit is just fine by me. It was annoying to wake up each morning and have to catch up on dozens of replies to a dozen threads.

This is basically affecting all communities here. It's not like there's many large discussion forums out there so I think the site will recover in a while.

To be honest, I have the opposite problem where I check this place too much. If you've got something to say regarding scaling (and I'm not at work or asleep) odds are I'll be ready to respond quickly. I'm just looking for excuses to discuss scaling on here.

Since it hasn't been answered, I will ask if we can post the Jet Drive Arrow Calc on this forum yet or if we need to wait. I'd like to see that get reviewed as soon as feasible.

people arent posting as much as they used to.
That’s because it’s literally a new forum. It has nothing to do with people not liking it.

Considering that I’ve seen many people in vsbattles that are from Naruto forums, this forum would be like heaven to them.

Okay, I've done some searching around and now I get what I need to do. But before I make the blog, I need to first make sure to determine who scales to Jet Drive Arrow.

(Genos EC and post EC physicals): 1= Elder Centipede (lost a tooth), 3= Bang and Bomb (upscale from this with combo attacks, Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist, possibly abandonment), 4= Overgrown Rover (tanked Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist, which was an upgrade of an attack that did far more damage to EC than Jet Drive Arrow), 5 =Darkshine (repeatedly tanked Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist from red and spiral garou), 6 = Half-monster Garou (can replicate Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist)...

And then debatably Flashy Flash if we scale him off Bang and Darkshine. Can't think of anyone else, but let me know if I'm missing somebody

Jet Drive Arrow should scale to Genos' physicals yes. At this stage Genos should be Demon level too, considering he fought a Garou that was unable to harm Bug God, a (high) Demon level. He was also compared to Tank Top Master in terms of power, who's undoubtedly Demon level when Garou fought him.

If assume Genos's attacks in this form are generally comparable to jet drive arrow (and also argue that he is still a demon-level fighter), that would affect Tank-top master, Garou, Pumped-up Metal Bat and pretty much half the verse at that point. While I'm not entirely opposed, I don't know if all of those fighters are really 7-B and so I'm hesitant to have HH Garou scale to Jet Drive Arrow. I feel that Jet Drive Arrow, being a charged up attack that expended plenty of energy against a relatively static target and I just don't feel that Garou was taking the same concentrated energy it took to break EC's tooth when he received those blows from Genos (which were quantity and not quality like Jet-drive arrow).

Do we think that Garou should scale to this attack via taking Genos's physical attacks? If we do, that means things like a 7-B tank-top master and Bug God. That would either put them a tier above dragon level threats like Hellfire Flame/Gale Wind + Bakuzan, although we class fighters like Tank top master and Bug God as demon level fighters. I think it's more consistent just to have stronger dragon level fighters scale to it because we know they could narratively replicate something similar (break EC's tooth like Bang, Bomb, Darkshine and FF could do), rather than have to change all the tiering in the higher end of the verse off this one feat.

Last edited:
I don't think scaling Garou to Rover's durability is the best idea. Especially when his strongest punch did nothing against it. Scaling him to Genos through Darkshine is fine though.

There's not really any strong argument for him not scale to the full extent of Jet Drive Arrow. He tanks both the impact and the blast that propels him forward.

I could see Metal Bat being 7-B (he's physically far superior to Garou, especially at the end of the fight, where he would have certainly one shot him). I also agree that Genos must be 7-B physically to do jet drive arrow, otherwise his leg would splinter from too much force. What I do think is that HH Garou should not scale to Jet drive Arrow, because he wasn't using the same amount of energy and power against him. Maybe he could downscale (because Genos is using less force against him in their fight and he's holding up?).

Notifications are weird here, because if i don't respond to notifications of a certain thread it just stops sending them to me.
As it should be. One notification per thread. Why have multiple ones if you didn’t even reply to the first.

I think Genos let Garou rip his arm off to catch him by surprise, given the way it turned out, but that's a bit of speculation. The thing detached and reattached no problem so the durability there is kind of wonky:

Edit, I guess Garou downscales from jet drive arrow. How much stronger would jet drive arrow be than regular machine gun blows you think? X2? X4? I feel like X4 might be fair. That would put him low 7-B, with Suiryu and Bakuzan and others.

Last edited:
I think Jet Drive Arrow can one-shot Garou. It should be comparable to one attack from Metal Bad.

Edit: Nevermind. I think it's 10x stronger at least.

x10 stronger than Genos's machine guns blows? I could accept that. Although Genos is capable of 7-B stuff (I think ultra spiral incineration cannon is actually stronger and some of his more powerful incineration cannons may be comparable to JDA), I think the 7-B stuff is his max or near to it, so Garou should scale down from the calc because Genos wasn't pulling out JDA levels of effort on his attacks. If we say it's x10 difference, it puts Garou back down in High 7-C with a LE of 630 kilotons and a HE of 821 Kilotons. I think this is reasonable. Stronger dragon-level characters will upscale further into 7-B, Genos will be upgraded to 7-B and Garou, TT and those guys can stay in High 7-C.

If we do say JDA is X10 stronger than machine gun blows, a power difference should discuss further for higher accuracy if possible, it will still open up new scaling conversations. If Garou were fixed at a certain value in High 7-C, we could more accurately scale characters that scale off him- namely G-5, Royal Ripper, Bug God and Metal Bat. We can revisit those conversations once we've agreed exactly on how Garou downscales from jet drive arrow.

yall ever think about how Royal Ripper's Blade's could still pierce Half Monster Garou like maybe 5 minutes before he tanks a bombardment from Rover?
Now this is not to say it should be used for any concrete scaling, it's just something weird I've wanted to point out for a while but always forgot.

I think Garou could survive Rover's blasts because he had already semi-adapted to heat a few minutes before with Showerhead. Royal Ripper was the first time Garou got impaled like that (although Royal Ripper did slash him up earlier), so I guess his reactive evolution hadn't developed a resistance to it at that point? Garou did mention he had already been impaled when Orochi pierced him with his horn. Crazy how he just needs to be hit with an attack a couple of times before he develops a resistance to it, I wonder if we don't undersell it.

yall ever think about how Royal Ripper's Blade's could still pierce Half Monster Garou like maybe 5 minutes before he tanks a bombardment from Rover?
Now this is not to say it should be used for any concrete scaling, it's just something weird I've wanted to point out for a while but always forgot.

Piercing attacks are always more effective than blunt force attacks.

What if Garou never actually “evolves“ to adapt to anything; the amount of monster and his own blood he gets covered him just begins forming a protective shell around him, basically a suit of flesh, which becomes his monster body, and THAT is what gives him the new resistances and such.

Just a funny thought.

Right, we can agree it's piercing damage + being stronger. Is there anyway we can specifically quantify how much stronger Jet Drive Arrow is than machine gun blows (giving Garou and Tank Top something to concretely scale to). We can downscale Garou but we need to determine if he downscales to Low 7-B or High 7-C.

That will prob take a while to translate, this chapter gives HxH it's run in level of text at the beggining.

I think Dr Genus is attempting to remove Zombieman’s limiter, and this is what the affects are on his body. He seems to be doing push ups like King is in the page before him. That’s my thoughts, though.

Back