• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Interesting development about the translation:

This is from the databook right? The databook where Atomic "turns into a demigod when angered" and Flash is stated to be lightspeed? If it's the same databook, I don't think we could use it for an upgrade since we haven't considered it reliable elsewhere.

Or is it a different one? I get these mixed up all the time.
Looks to be a earlier one I guess? I feel like it should be a case by case. The Atomic, sweet mask and flash are likely all hyperbole as the main manga counterparts have shown nothing even remotely close to their statements

Good question... why doesn't Homeless scale to Vaccine Man? He has "limitless" energy and all his feats so far have been completely casual, so even if they aren't 7-B in their own right (I feel that some are), I don't think it would be hard to imagine him replicating Vaccine Man's feats with some more effort.

Do we know that VM and HE are drawing energy from different sources? Nature might = God.
Because we have nothing to prove HE is equal to VM, and the whole thing comes from Murata, who again, isn't fully reliable, and when we need to take into account Choze, who isn't even treat level dragon.

Them being similar ttpes of energy balls does not equate to them being as powerful as one another

VM balls just spawn though, same as HE. I'm not seeing how that can scale to dura.
Because there's nothing to draw connections between the 2 other than a not fully reliable statement, plus:
Except it does by default unless contradicted. Literally on the durability page:

Logically, characters capable of physically achieving a certain degree of energy output, must be able to at least withstand a comparable amount of damage, or their bodies would break apart from the strain and automatic counterforce, whenever they exert themselves.

Vaccine Man has shown nothing to prove he's a glass cannon. So until there's evidence of such, his durability scales to his AP.
HE has contradictions whereas Vaccine Man does not

We agreed to use Murata statements on a case by case basis, considering A) how reliable he is in this particular context B) if it is contradicted by other content in verse. And even if it's not contradicted it normally only merits a "possibly rating" because Murata may not be 100% reliable in most circumstances.

Why say he isn't reliable when we use his statements to justify a lot of the characters on the wiki?
We don't. We literally had a whole CRT that concluded that we should take not take Murata's statements as fully legit unless they are based upon or backed up by ONE, who is the main author. Murata even states that he isn't reliable, and some of his statements outright contradict stuff.

At best, it only earns a "possibly"

Ah gotcha, we still don't know where vaccine man gets his energy from. Could be his body or nature itself. Too vague to scale to dura tbh

Ah gotcha, we still don't know where vaccine man gets his energy from. Could be his body or nature itself. Too vague to scale to dura tbh
As of now, it's his body because that is the logical reason, there's nothing to back that it's from nature, and that nature only gave birth to him. there's nothing to say he draws power from it.

I think the "suggested threat level" was what Smile Man was thinking when he got frozen. Withered Sprout is like a low demon in my opinion. Maybe even above tiger

He's also threat level unknown, but he's not a dragon, and his energy ball is not stronger than his dura. You just can't compare these 3 characters
I only mentioned him because he draws his energy from an external source.

The reason I say it scales above his dura is because it took everything Suiryu just to deflect it. His void fist which he puts his all into blew a hole through Choze.

Wait a sec what about choze? His energy ball was stronger than his dura.
Meh, Choze's durability is comparable to Suiryu's and Suiryu held the energy ball back with his own hands. I'm sure Suiryu/Choze could have tanked/deflected/otherwise responded to the energy ball if they were fighting in a vaccuum, but Suiryu had to do what he did in order to save those people

The reason I say it scales above his dura is because it took everything Suiryu just to deflect it. His void fist which he puts his all into blew a hole through Choze.
It scales somewhat above him, yes, but it's not significant enough that it's the same like HE. Choze could still physically harm and contend with Suiryu. He's clearly not a glass cannon

Carnage Kabuto's databook page got translated and one of the entries states: "On a physical level, he possesses abilities that are in an incomparably higher league than the monsters so far." Carnage Kabuto> Beefcake and Vaccine Man?
I think it just means the other monsters of the HoE.
I've always been of the opinion that he's on the same tier as Vaccine Man and Beefcake tho

Yeah it could be that. It's not exactly clear what it is reffering, but it could just mean that it's referring to HOEmonsters and not monsters in general

I think it just means the other monsters of the HoE.
I've always been of the opinion that he's on the same tier as Vaccine Man and Beefcake tho
That might be the case, but early in the paragraph CK is already stated to be the strongest fighter in the HoE. Why would they basically say the same thing twice in the next sentence.

If anyone is questing if the databook is reliable or not. We use several statements from the book already like Mosquito Girl's telepathy having a range of 50 km, the meteor being abnormally durable, and info on the abilities of monsters who didn't get much screen time like Giant Crow and Groribas.

If anyone is questing if the databook is reliable or not. We use several statements from the book already like Mosquito Girl's telepathy having a range of 50 km, the meteor being abnormally durable, and info on the abilities of monsters who didn't get much screen time like Giant Crow and Groribas.
It's just a case by case basis basically. The reason we don't take any from the heroes is because a lot of their quotes are hyperbole

don't recall that happening but I'll take your word for it, but his dura does scale as it does by default, and nothing contradicts it.
His dura only scales to his PHYISCAL AP, not to his energy balls. He was only shown tanking his own blast once, and if I recall properly that crater was calced at 30 Kilotons some years ago, nothing like the explosion in the extra chapter, where we don't know what happened or the position he was in when the attack was produced.

No? Many characters have their physicals scale to their energy attacks lol
You can not prove VM's dura scales to his energy balls. It's like concentrated ki attacks in DBZ. VM's body works in a similar way. In conclusion, you can say CK is physically stronger than Beefacke or VM, but he shouldn't scale to the energy balls, that would be a risky assumption imo.

Back