• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I feel like the "I made this guy mad overpowered" part was a little cringe, but the parts with Blast and Boris, and especially the part at the end, showed a very cool understanding of the series, and I ended up liking the writing.
i mean to be honest if it was left just in the destruction of the universe,it could have been fine (and to be honest,it has more writing and plot than suggverse)

Wrote literally out of spite because the writer didn't like that Saitama wasn't an unbeatable gag character in the manga and its 90% powerscaling slop garbage
it is bad?yes...but still has plot so,better than any other character that has no plot but powerscaling

"When powerscalers write fiction"
I never liked the idea that powerscalers writing fiction is a bad idea. One of the biggest complaints about most Shonen is what people claim to be shitty powerscaling. Look at DBS or Boruto fights, and people are all complaining about how strong or weak a character appears.

I never liked the idea that powerscalers writing fiction is a bad idea. One of the biggest complaints about most Shonen is what people claim to be shitty powerscaling. Look at DBS or Boruto fights, and people are all complaining about how strong or weak a character appears.
it is because more of the fact that the story is very unbalanced sometimes,how you can give a character more power within in the story making sense?

Brother read this shit 😭 its literally just powerscaling buzzwords and concepts to rack up as many resistances and haxxes for Saitama because the author had a hissy fit over Saitama being unable to beat Goku

So you're saying the issue is that characters are stronger than it seems they should reasonably be?
Sometimes they are unreasonably strong and the explanation for that is "just because."
I mean, Gas became strong after using some damn spheres in order to get his maximum potential, shortening his life.
and somehow that gave it a super mega increase to be at the level of a universal.
And for that, Goku had to need the power of 5 of his race for that to be achieved.
don't make me talk about broly

Brother read this shit 😭 its literally just powerscaling buzzwords and concepts to rack up as many resistances and haxxes for Saitama because the author had a hissy fit because Saitama can't beat Goku
That specific piece wasn't what I was referring to. The powerscaling part of that comic was irritating, except the final fight, which was pretty funny.

Brother read this shit 😭 its literally just powerscaling buzzwords and concepts to rack up as many resistances and haxxes for Saitama because the author had a hissy fit over Saitama being unable to beat Goku
choose:
having this or having the constant discussions of fans being horny

Sometimes they are unreasonably strong and the explanation for that is "just because."
I mean, Gas became strong after using some damn spheres in order to get his maximum potential, shortening his life.
and somehow that gave it a super mega increase to be at the level of a universal.
And for that, Goku had to need the power of 5 of his race for that to be achieved.
don't make me talk about broly
So the issue is that the powerscaling is badly written there.

So the issue is that the powerscaling is badly written there.
yes,and tought alot may say is not a problem,actually,it is A PROBLEM,because if you are writing a story where there is a magical system or something related to fighting,you at least need to be consistent.
and if you are not,you will end up with alot of plot holes and non-senses (i mean,at least in steven universe they keep consistency in the fact that steven cannot win against the diamonds,not even with fusions,so he need to do other thing to win)that not only prevents to create a plot hole,but also still helps the story.
in the case of dragon ball,everything involving hard work,is killed off by this reasons alone,because why training hard and surpass your limits,when you can ask a dragon to allow you to have your full potential in life and then be the strongest

yes,and tought alot may say is not a problem,actually,it is A PROBLEM,because if you are writing a story where there is a magical system or something related to fighting,you at least need to be consistent.
and if you are not,you will end up with alot of plot holes and non-senses (i mean,at least in steven universe they keep consistency in the fact that steven cannot win against the diamonds,not even with fusions,so he need to do other thing to win)that not only prevents to create a plot hole,but also still helps the story.
in the case of dragon ball,everything involving hard work,is killed off by this reasons alone,because why training hard and surpass your limits,when you can ask a dragon to allow you to have your full potential in life and then be the strongest
So what you're saying is that this is literally exactly what I said.

Increasingly verbose Boros - Single Wallop Individual (One-Punch Man) |  Increasingly Verbose Memes | Know Your Meme

Hey is Phoenix space is really pocket dimension?

In the profile it said that it's a Pocket dimensions but there is no scan for that.

Edit: I also checked the chapters but there is no statement about that either.

Hey is Phoenix space is really pocket dimension?

In the profile it said that it's a Pocket dimensions but there is no scan for that.

Edit: I also checked the chapters but there is no statement about that either.
It's more like a mental realm inside Phoenix Man's suit

i don’t really like that idea.
That’s why ONE’s writing level have been decreasing. He just doesn’t show respect for his fandoms, creating more and more series instead of focusing on one and finishing it. That’s why MOB is a masterpiece, thanks god it’s already finished.

“uh he doesnt have to do anything to anyone” if he wants us to keep buying his mangas, yes, he does.

There’s a reason why hunter x hunter and one piece are considered master pieces, because BOTH were the main objectives of their respective writers.

saddly i have to say that one punch man will NEVER reach that peak level of popularity and that’s 50% ONE’S fault.

i hope i dont get massacred, i just wanted to express my opinion.

Last edited:
Anime will likely never peak like S1 did other than maybe Cosmic Garou vs Saitama again.
Manga got it's peak at Cosmic Garou and looking at the webcomic it will take a long time to ever reach that level again.

Back