• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Some goofy goober thinks Boros made Saitama go on the defensive or something
Indeed. That doesn't at all go against the entire point, narrative, and resolution of the fight, including the very words of Boros who himself admitted that he was a joke compared to Saitama. That's a logical claim if I've ever seen one!

He literally did 1000 times better than Boros
image.png

Also confidence scaling to CK. Dr Genus thought that Carnage Mode could not be stopped even after knowing that Saitama could kill base CK and made him shit his pants just by getting close to him

Idk what the discussion is about ngl but all true. Aside from interdimensional hearing, the Phoenix Space is not another dimension it's just a mental space. He was basically listening to telepathy, in the same way he heard God speaking to Garou.
This is interdimensional because the telepathy was happening in a separate dimension.

Also confidence scaling to CK. Dr Genus thought that Carnage Mode could not be stopped even after knowing that Saitama could kill base CK and made him shit his pants just by getting close to him
No shocker there. I mean obviously Carnage Mode is a major amp. Dr. Genus' opinion isn't even relevant because CK himself thought he could win even after knowing he could get one-shotted by Saitama normally.

This is interdimensional because the telepathy was happening in a separate dimension.
It wasn't. Read the fight again. The Phoenix Space is a mental/spiritual realm that doesn't physically exist. It's literally just a stronger form of telepathy. Saitama "breaking" into it is metaphorical as well. Hell, Saitama is literally in the exact spot he was in prior to infiltrating the space, showing he didn't actually go anywhere, it was all mental. It's even listed as such on the wiki.

No shocker there. I mean obviously Carnage Mode is a major amp. Dr. Genus' opinion isn't even relevant because CK himself thought he could win even after knowing he could get one-shotted by Saitama normally.
Oh, this can also be used to suggest that Darkshine can completely no-diff and perhaps even one-shot base CK, as he was fairly stronger than Carnage Mode Carnage Kabuto, being able to defeat him after a 15 minute all-out battle. It's worth noting as well that Darkshine likely wasn't pushed to his limit in this fight seeing as he was willing to fight an even stronger opponent if Genos had one, which wouldn't make sense when considering the fact that Darkshine's ego can be easily shattered when met with an actual threat.

I will never understand the need to bring up "he struggled against kabuto" every time
The reason Kabuto was portrayed as being a challenge for Saitama was because it was a joke, and Saitama's thoughts were actually completely unrelated to the fight. He was panicking and reacting to bargain day sales, and then immediately one punches him and changes the topic completely, as if nothing even happened.
The reason Boros was portrayed as a challenge for Saitama was because Boros was actually strong, and Saitama's inner and external monologue reflects that he was actually paying attention to Boros' strength, and considered him to almost be the guy he was looking for.
And then when the fight ends Saitama gets sad that he was too strong and then goes on to hype Boros up even more to Genos.

Kabuto strong as a joke, Boros strong because he's strong. Easy distinction that doesn't really need to be made, since most people who take the time to think about it would conclude something similar.

I will never understand the need to bring up "he struggled against kabuto" every time
The reason Kabuto was portrayed as being a challenge for Saitama was because it was a joke, and Saitama's thoughts were actually completely unrelated to the fight. He was panicking and reacting to bargain day sales, and then immediately one punches him and changes the topic completely, as if nothing even happened.
The reason Boros was portrayed as a challenge for Saitama was because Boros was actually strong, and Saitama's inner and external monologue reflects that he was actually paying attention to Boros' strength, and considered him to almost be the guy he was looking for.
And then when the fight ends Saitama gets sad that he was too strong and then goes on to hype Boros up even more to Genos.

Kabuto strong as a joke, Boros strong because he's strong. Easy distinction that doesn't really need to be made, since most people who take the time to think about it would conclude something similar.
Ok but what point are you trying to get at with all of this? Like what is the end goal? Are you ACTUALLY trying to argue that Boros scales to Boris and Blast tier's?

And the whole point of Boros vs Saitama is that Boros despite his strength is a complete fodder compared to Saitama and it wasn't even remotely close 🗿

As I said on Discord, you can't use the argument of putting a casual Saitama on the defensive when a character thousands of times weaker and slower than Boros did the same

Using these narrative arguments about how ONE intended for the strength of these characters to be viewed, Boros is clearly supposed to be around the level of the "Above Dragon's" as the fanbase calls them, the same tier as character's like Orochi, Tats, and so on. Everyone has known that for a long time. I'm not gonna talk about Boros vs. those characters directly because rules and such but it's more than fair to say he's meant to be in the same general league as them and I sincerely doubt anyone would disagree.

Ok but what point are you trying to get at with all of this? Like what is the end goal? Are you ACTUALLY trying to argue that Boros scales to Boris and Blast tier's?
It’s not supposed to be a grand point, it’s just something that’s supposed to be kind of impressive sounding that you add in the later half of long justifications to support it. It doesn’t have to be a big deal

It’s not supposed to be a grand point, it’s just something that’s supposed to be kind of impressive sounding that you add in the later half of long justifications to support it. It doesn’t have to be a big deal
Okay but everyone knows all of these things. Yes Saitama was impressed by Boros and acknowledged him as strong. We've had a thousand debates over it in this thread. I don't understand the point in arguing about it further.

LmpwZw

Okay but everyone knows all of these things. Yes Saitama was impressed by Boros and acknowledged him as strong. We've had a thousand debates over it in this thread. I don't understand the point in arguing about it further.

LmpwZw
The point in arguing about it further is to prove that you are wrong and I am right. It is a pastime.

It wasn't. Read the fight again. The Phoenix Space is a mental/spiritual realm that doesn't physically exist. It's literally just a stronger form of telepathy. Saitama "breaking" into it is metaphorical as well. Hell, Saitama is literally in the exact spot he was in prior to infiltrating the space, showing he didn't actually go anywhere, it was all mental. It's even listed as such on the wiki.
No, it is literally a spiritual pocket dimension, wym?

Interdimensional is a range between separate realities/dimensions that does not necessarily need to be a certain distance away. It's unquantifiable.

And he does break into it. It isn't metaphorical. Phoenix Man is even confused how that happened because it is literally a mental/spiritual world he shouldn't be able to enter. Just because it isn't a physical reality does not mean it isn't a separate dimension. It is also considered pocket reality manipulation on vsbw.

Anyways if we’re arguing how ridiculous it is author intent wise that Boros is even comparable to casual saitama then
Well
Maybe argue with the secret compus statement that literally says “even saitama is kind of clobbered” by MB Boros
it’s kind of obvious that he’s not anywhere near the same level of being seemingly infinitely weaker than Saitama as everyone else besides Garou and Tats have been, even if he is still far inferior to a great degree. Saying he can keep up with Saitama at his most casual is just an extension of that fact, and I’m gonna need the cap the stop with everyone acting as though it’s crazy.

Interdimensional is a range between separate realities/dimensions that does not necessarily need to be a certain distance away. It's unquantifiable.

And he does break into it. It isn't metaphorical. Phoenix Man is even confused how that happened because it is literally a mental/spiritual world he shouldn't be able to enter. Just because it isn't a physical reality does not mean it isn't a separate dimension. It is also considered pocket reality manipulation on vsbw.
It doesn't exist anywhere, it's literally all imaginative and not-real. In the same way as the Tsukuyomi from Naruto. Remember when Itachi created a different realm inside of the Tsukuyomi to torture Itachi? That's not very different from this. They even demonstrate how they can't touch each other inside of the Phoenix Space because they literally aren't actually there.

Anyways if we’re arguing how ridiculous it is author intent wise that Boros is even comparable to casual saitama then
Well
Maybe argue with the secret compus statement that literally says “even saitama is kind of clobbered” by MB Boros
it’s kind of obvious that he’s not anywhere near the same level of being seemingly infinitely weaker than Saitama as everyone else besides Garou and Tats have been, even if he is still far inferior to a great degree. Saying he can keep up with Saitama at his most casual is just an extension of that fact, and I’m gonna need the cap the stop with everyone acting as though it’s crazy.
Again this has been argued about so many times in this thread. Long before you were active here. I was one of the heavy Boros supporters until the topic grew old and frankly tedious.

Anyways it's a convoluted topic tbh because of a lot of vagueness involved. It could be interpreted as interdimensional hearing, but describing it requires very specific wording as well.

Then you already know I’m right about what I’m saying.
This is why some people here tend to not take you seriously or even feel like arguing with you, Ziller. Because you often come off with a rather arrogant attitude. It's considered proper conduct to argue to prove a point, not to prove that the person arguing is right or wrong, those are two different things. In the same way that ad hominem is a logical fallacy because someone is attacking the opponent rather than their argument. When you aren't arguing for the sake of a point, but rather to prove that you are right, people just don't really vibe with it.

This is why some people here tend to not take you seriously or even feel like arguing with you, Ziller. Because you often come off with a rather arrogant attitude. It's considered proper conduct to argue to prove a point, not to prove that the person arguing is right or wrong, those are two different things. In the same way that ad hominem is a logical fallacy because someone is attacking the opponent rather than their argument. When you aren't arguing for the sake of a point, but rather to prove that you are right, people just don't really vibe with it.
I offered up a suggestion for a justification and then defended it when people argued against it.

I offered up a suggestion for a justification and then defended it when people argued against it.
Yes but you are adamant on continuing to argue about it no matter what. It's fine to argue, this forum is for argumentation, but there is a point where it becomes excessive and tiring, and usually it leads to people just ignoring you because they're sick of it. Which is why I long since stopped arguing about Boros, because it was clear that nothing would come of it. I haven't changed my opinion about the character, but I'm not gonna keep arguing about something that has been argued to hell and back already because it serves no point and is just annoying to talk about, it would come off as petty, aggressive, repetitive, and generally over-argumentative. The same thing applies to any other argument ever. I'm willing to have an argument with someone if I think it's a decent way to spend my time, but I'm not gonna argue even after it's become old, everyone's sick of it, it has lost any sense of productivity or enjoyment, and it's become obvious that it won't go anywhere.

There's a popular saying, "Agree to disagree". People here should practice it more often.

Yes but you are adamant on continuing to argue about it no matter what. It's fine to argue, this forum is for argumentation, but there is a point where it becomes excessive and tiring, and usually it leads to people just ignoring you because they're sick of it. Which is why I long since stopped arguing about Boros, because it was clear that nothing would come of it. I haven't changed my opinion about the character, but I'm not gonna keep arguing about something that has been argued to hell and back already because it serves no point and is just annoying to talk about, it would come off as petty, aggressive, repetitive, and generally over-argumentative. The same thing applies to any other argument ever. I'm willing to have an argument with someone if I think it's a decent way to spend my time, but I'm not gonna argue even after it's become old, everyone's sick of it, it has lost any sense of productivity or enjoyment, and it's become obvious that it won't go anywhere.

There's a popular saying, "Agree to disagree". People here should practice it more often.
Well during the time you gave up, Boros’ scaling has shifted time and time again, so I wouldn’t say “nothing” has come of it, that’s just you.
I personally think people give up too easy on things here sometimes. Maybe I’m obsessed, it’s whatever, but it’s no less of a waste of time for me than for any other person arguing.

Well during the time you gave up, Boros’ scaling has shifted time and time again, so I wouldn’t say “nothing” has come of it, that’s just you.
I personally think people give up too easy on things here sometimes. Maybe I’m obsessed, it’s whatever, but it’s no less of a waste of time for me than for any other person arguing.
Nothing significant or relevant to what I used to argue about but fair.

I give up more easily than most others because it just doesn't matter to me that much. I like to have civil discussions and see what other people think about things, but there's a limit to how much time I'm willing to spend arguing about the strength of people that don't exist, especially nowadays. I don't call it pointless, because at the end of the day, it's really no better or worse than the countless thousands of other things people do all the time in their lives. But I'm not gonna get into random philosophies rn.

Nah it's King actually zombie man just assist him. XD
Fun true fact (Murata confirmed this)
God actually offered Boros power after witnessing him fight Saitama, but Boros said "no I got what I wanted, shut the **** up and let me die in peace." and proceeded to pass away.

Fun true fact (Murata confirmed this)
God actually offered Boros power after witnessing him fight Saitama, but Boros said "no I got what I wanted, shut the **** up and let me die in peace." and proceeded to pass away
Wow replying unrelated to Boros. You better come along to his corpse.

Back