• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I remember correctly, in the webcomic sandbox we downscale Genos' speed from Flashy Flash. If the manga follows the webcomic, will we do the same here?

We don't do that anymore since I found out the interview statement we were using referred to post-g4 rather than ninjas arc. They just had a casual fight and very easily killed monsters at similar speed, so it's not concrete enough for scaling.

so it's not concrete enough for scaling.
While I agree, it kind of sucks that what is probably Genos' best speed feat has to be thrown into a trash can. I mean, Genos could still detect Flash's max speed, interrupt his sparring with Saitama and the story intent seems to be that Genos is always relative to Sonic. None of these is concrete enough as well though.

If it makes you feel any better, they still technically scale to the same value due to the lack of feats/useable calcs in the webcomic.

I have a way in order to bring glory back to boros
just look in the boros discussion thread
Read it, falls flat really fast. Would have been a good justification had it not been a clash of two serious punches.

Boros is fine where he is at. As far as this wiki is concerned he is above everyone except 3 people. He is treated far better than other places.

Yeah, we rate Boros very generously if anything and give him leeway we probably wouldn't give other characters.

Being below Saitama, Blast, God and Garou isn't a low showing.

Meanwhile csap 5-B Boros
20230409_211952.jpg

Anyways I’d say we have a pretty average interpretation of Boros
We used to have a very lowballed interpretation of his power, but now we’re basically just as accurate as possible (at least not without sacrificing basic reading comprehension and author intention)
Anything below high 6-A is drastic downplay, anything above 5-B and at best 4-C csrc is wank, we’re sort of in the middle of it all.

Anyways I’d say we have a pretty average interpretation of Boros
We used to have a very lowballed interpretation of his power, but now we’re basically just as accurate as possible (at least not without sacrificing basic reading comprehension and author intention)
Anything below high 6-A is drastic downplay, anything above 5-B and at best 4-C csrc is wank, we’re sort of in the middle of it all.
Our Boros scaling is definitely below average, mostly because we don't combine the anime and manga together like what most people do. (I still think we should since ONE and Murata supervised its creation afaik)

However, using only the manga and going by wiki standards, I think we overrated Boros tbh.

Bros best physical feats in the manga are destroying portions of his ship, yet we scale him to people who do shit way more visually impressive off of a singular, likely very outdated statement.

Physically strongest can just mean lifting. Which I can see Murata/ONE placing Darkshine above the other two because muscles.
"Superior physical stats" very likely doesn't refer to just lifting strength, though.

Also, people rarely talk about "feats and portrayal" referring to lifting strength off site.

still think we should since ONE and Murata supervised its creation afaik)
They didn't. The guide that came with the anime had a line from ONE where he gave the anime team complete freedom for whatever change they wanted as long as the kept the characters the same.

Also, people rarely talk about "feats and portrayal" referring to lifting strength off site.
Idk, I've seen plenty of casual vs stuff online that would align with that logic. For example "Space Marines beat Jedi because they big" isn't an uncommon take to see.

Idk, I've seen plenty of casual vs stuff online that would align with that logic. For example "Space Marines beat Jedi because they big" isn't an uncommon take to see.
I used to see stories where Spartans from Halo would blitz and utterly overpower Jedi and Sith... now that I think of it, tons of SW and Halo crossovers see the latter end up stomping the former.

On the OPM side, the amount of people who think Flashy Flash is a glass canon speedster style character is ridiculous.

I used to see stories where Spartans from Halo would blitz and utterly overpower Jedi and Sith... now that I think of it, tons of SW and Halo crossovers see the latter end up stomping the former.
Yeah it's stuff like that. A SPARTAN beating some no names is fine, but any remotely competent Knight is probably to much to handle.

To add to that, the omnipresence myth that lightsabers can't stopsolid projectiles is still spread around everywhere.
Flashy Flash is a glass canon speedster style character is ridiculous.
Tbf, before PS that wasn't an unreasonable take from a casual reader perspective imo.

On the OPM side, the amount of people who think Flashy Flash is a glass canon speedster style character is ridiculous.
I apologize for being that one guy that thoight flashy flash was a glass canon

Back