• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
OPM fans learn how to read challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
Screenshot_57.png

99% of people outside of the vs wiki know nothing absolutely nothing about powerscaling and are deranged
Although there are plenty of people here who are bad at it, you never see the kind of shit from YouTube shorts where people think atomic samurai can beat gear 5 luffy

I looked at a few things and like, holy ****, how did csrc being melting ever get accepted? The whole point is that it would shave the earth's surface, which would imply some kind of removal, not turning it into liquid arbitrarily
it would make vastly more sense for it to either be vaporization of the crust, or just blowing the crust out the atmosphere, but mainly vaporization since his energy beams are mainly heat based
there were multiple ends that could be valid, and of course we chose the arbitrarily lowballed version
but what else can you expect from Boros on this website...
I suppose I'll be making a crt in the near future to fix that
e-jUBHIz1x-eJg1z6f_-WE2unAHCN7m2_yEye4VLhs0.jpg

I recall seeing somewhere a few times that the guidebook said that it would shave the surface, could anyone find that?

But by the way, I don't support how much you trust this wiki.

Personally, I don't believe in more than 60-70% power levels given to many popular characters. Especially anime. And I will never do a CTR on this because of the reluctance to read additional sources, spend so much time on various disputes, study every calculation and so on. It's easier to accept these wank levels.

What annoys me the most is when a character is physically scaled up to techniques that are supposed to be higher in scale than the character's physical strength. For example, a character causes a flood several kilometers long, and the character himself is physically scaled to the level of a city or mountain due to kinetic energy. That is, we get that the character’s technique has the level of a city or a mountain only for the total kinetic energy, however, individual characters in whom they crashed then receive only an immeasurably small part of the general kinetics of the flood, but the character himself can create the same amount of energy with a blow of his fist. At the same time, this technique is presented as a very powerful technique. Why does he deal damage to enemies thousands / millions of times less than through a blow?

Personally, I don't believe in more than 60-70% power levels given to many popular characters. Especially anime. And I will never do a CTR on this because of the reluctance to read additional sources, spend so much time on various disputes, study every calculation and so on. It's easier to accept these wank levels.

What annoys me the most is when a character is physically scaled up to techniques that are supposed to be higher in scale than the character's physical strength. For example, a character causes a flood several kilometers long, and the character himself is physically scaled to the level of a city or mountain due to kinetic energy. That is, we get that the character’s technique has the level of a city or a mountain only for the total kinetic energy, however, individual characters in whom they crashed then receive only an immeasurably small part of the general kinetics of the flood, but the character himself can create the same amount of energy with a blow of his fist. At the same time, this technique is presented as a very powerful technique. Why does he deal damage to enemies thousands / millions of times less than through a blow?
To be honest it’s vastly more common to see downplay here than wank

Only thing i'd say comes to my mind as wanked/disagree are the pocket dimension with stars feats. Even a verse with only tier 9 feats can easily become 4-A

It doesn't make sense to hate the wiki for that. Truth be told, more than half of the wiki's character profiles are unsanctioned edits made by people who are still unused to powerscaling or don't understand the vsbattles method of indexing. The examples you mention rarely exist in verses actively reviewed by communities.

Some people here still unironically think there’s a .1% chance Boros is weaker than Orochi and isn’t ftl
in fact people also thought Orochi was 1000 times stronger than Sage centipede too just last week
there is always downplay to be crushed
The natural progression of the analysis of a verse isn't downplay. Enough of the edge. It's cringe.

With Boros scaling above orochi and the verse returning to 7-B, we are quite literally just going back to what we used to do
I wouldn’t really call this progress.
Progression of learning. People, either supporters or opponents, consume the material and introduces elements that others either didn't know or didn't take into consideration thus changing the statistics. This is a particularly healthy thing to do for a verse and has nothing to do with wank or downplay.

Compared that to the Lovecraft mythos and Umineko, both incredibly popular, powerful verses but with not many people understanding them and thus, stagnation of changing information (though admittedly, the fact that both franchises are completed factors in heavily to this anyway).

I much prefer it here than sites like Comic Vine for example. Here are the profiles, CRTs and rules. It's not perfect and a lot can be masturbated or downplayed.

But it's much better than the CV where no matter how good your argument is, if it's not something "common sense" or something "explicit", users just ignore you, or say you're trolling or things like that.

What suffers from this the most are game verses, which just because of the gameplay, they can't be as strong.

One that comes to mind was a guy making a huge post of arguments, videos and scans about Castlevania, only to end up with no one trying to refute it and just saying "you're trolling/masturbating" and a minor offence.

Progression of learning. People, either supporters or opponents, consume the material and introduces elements that others either didn't know or didn't take into consideration thus changing the statistics. This is a particularly healthy thing to do for a verse and has nothing to do with wank or downplay.
There was never any kind of reasoning behind 2 petaton Sage Centipede to begin with, and it got rejected twice despite the necessary elements having already been produced.
Downplay is a very real thing here and there’s no reason to deny it.

There was never any kind of reasoning behind 2 petaton Sage Centipede to begin with,
It was the highest value of a calc. I myself always thought assuming Sage was spinning at MHS speeds was, though reasonable, had no actual evidence in the manga and thus made everything inherently unreliable. That's no reason to shit on people's hard work, though.
and it got rejected twice despite the necessary elements having already been produced.
There's no reason to be sour that some people are slower to come around to a particular argument.
Downplay is a very real thing here and there’s no reason to deny it.
I'm not denying downplay doesn't exist. I'm denying the silly belief that simply because someone has a different perspective or interpretation of a feat it is "downplay" simply because it puts your favourite character at a lower level than you would like it to be.

Downplay is the intentional diminishing of a feat in order to make a character seem less impressive than they really are. OPM has almost never suffered that.

It was the highest value of a calc. I myself always thought assuming Sage was spinning at MHS speeds was, though reasonable, had no actual evidence in the manga and thus made everything inherently unreliable. That's no reason to shit on people's hard work, though.
I wasn’t ******** on a calc, I was talking about the fact that he was weaker than Orochi
There's no reason to be sour that some people are slower to come around to a particular argument.
No matter how you spin it, it’s just looking at valid evidence and saying no, which is the essence of the kind of downplay I am referring to.
I'm not denying downplay doesn't exist. I'm denying the silly belief that simply because someone has a different perspective or interpretation of a feat it is "downplay" simply because it puts your favourite character at a lower level than you would like it to be.

Downplay is the intentional diminishing of a feat in order to make a character seem less impressive than they really are. OPM has almost never suffered that.
There are obviously instances of biases causing unreasonable judgement when opposing an upgrade or supporting a downgrade. I’m not going to point out anything in particular, but just look around you, it’s a thing that happens with both calculations and scaling.

OPM fans learn how to read challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)
Screenshot_57.png
I feel like ONE made the direction of the fight to show up anyone or someone that saitama can just OS all this super strong characters like anos rimuru or superman in the though robot or just superman and goku and that his powers are gag powers (since while it is used in a comedic affect the way and lore showned in the series proofs it that it really isn't the case anymore).

Corrupted Garou Vs Non corrupted Garou.
Saying that Garou was corrupted and therefore shouldn't be held accountable for his actions but WC Garou should puts you in a worse position for defending it.

Even excluding the webcomic, throughout the manga Garou had been using his own willpower and innate potential to reach his goal and push his ideals, now suddenly he corrupts himself and becomes a pawn of GOD. Garou was literally against controlled institutions like the HA but in the climax of his character arc got himself controlled (by accident too 😹😹).

I'm genuinely curious to see how you can say that this is a good writing choice? People tend to say that ONE is trying to do something different, now explain why this difference is good on its own without having to compare it to anything else.

99% of people outside of the vs wiki know nothing absolutely nothing about powerscaling and are deranged
Although there are plenty of people here who are bad at it, you never see the kind of shit from YouTube shorts where people think atomic samurai can beat gear 5 luffy
sorry but this is mad cringe. Y'all acting like you're professional powerscalers or some shit. Acting like there's only one objectively correct way to powerscale. As if it's a branch of science that you can become "good" at. News flash. Powerscaling is totally subjective and it comes down to what you prioritize and value as "correct" and it is all just opinions that don't mean shit at the end of the day.

For example, some people value author statements more than pixel scaling, and vice versa. Looking down on others because they don't cater to your "correct" way of powerscaling is mega cringe and is why most people think powerscalers are such ******* dorks.

At the end of the day, we're all losers not doing anything productive, spending this much time online arguing about fictional characters power levels.

sorry but this is mad cringe. Y'all acting like you're professional powerscalers or some shit. Acting like there's only one objectively correct way to powerscale. As if it's a branch of science that you can become "good" at. News flash. Powerscaling is totally subjective and it comes down to what you prioritize and value as "correct" and it is all just opinions that don't mean shit at the end of the day.

For example, some people value author statements more than pixel scaling, and vice versa. Looking down on others because they don't cater to your "correct" way of powerscaling is mega cringe and is why most people think powerscalers are such ******* dorks.

At the end of the day, we're all losers not doing anything productive, spending this much time online arguing about fictional characters power levels.
This you?
bro she literally looks like she's naked and has her coochie on genos' ass. And genos is smiling like a creep. How do you not see the intent here?

I somewhat agree with that. There is no right way to powerscaling. It all depends on the community. Even here on the wiki rules are changed and etc.

I'm the type of person who isn't big on pixel scaling and calculations, but obviously I'm not going to badmouth what it does. And I understand that you hate using calculations and pixel scaling. When I discuss outside of here I ask the person how he wants to debate.

--------------------
But I prefer it here for the rules and bureaucracy. As I said above, people can just ignore what you say and insult you. And the side that has the most people against you always wins. It doesn't matter what you say and your arguments, if they outnumber them they win.

Also outside of here, people can make extreme calculations (like a guy I saw doing a calculation of 20,000x ftl One Piece), and people like me who don't know about this type of calculations, I can't objectively refute it, because I don't understand mathematics and dimensioning. Here, everything has to be approved by the calculation members.

Ok goofy ass
the vast majority of human beings in general are not regular powerscalers and know nothing about it, so of course they’re going to be shit at it.
Powerscaling is only partially subjective, and even if it is completely subjective that does not mean you will not be clowned on and called a dumb ass for saying atomic samurai can beat gear 5 luffy, that’s simply how the world works.

I mean true but powerscaling discussion on Youtube/Discord servers/TikTok/Reddit is actual cancer with people outright ignoring the source material (as I showed on my screenshot) or just resorting to insults

Not that vsbw is infinitely better and a bastion of """intellectual"""" powerscaling discussion but its something at least

I somewhat agree with that. There is no right way to powerscaling. It all depends on the community. Even here on the wiki rules are changed and etc.

I'm the type of person who isn't big on pixel scaling and calculations, but obviously I'm not going to badmouth what it does. And I understand that you hate using calculations and pixel scaling. When I discuss outside of here I ask the person how he wants to debate.

--------------------
But I prefer it here for the rules and bureaucracy. As I said above, people can just ignore what you say and insult you. And the side that has the most people against you always wins. It doesn't matter what you say and your arguments, if they outnumber them they win.

Also outside of here, people can make extreme calculations (like a guy I saw doing a calculation of 20,000x ftl One Piece), and people like me who don't know about this type of calculations, I can't objectively refute it, because I don't understand mathematics and dimensioning. Here, everything has to be approved by the calculation members.
Well yeah. VS battles wiki is a site that entirely revolves around powerscaling, so it is obviously more structured and the character tiers are based off of more research and evidence, but even this research and evidence is almost always subjective, because powerscaling's inherent nature is fictional. Its entire basis is fictional so trying to claim that you're a top tier powerscaler who is "better" at it than someone else always makes me laugh. Guys like seththeprogrammer make me cringe so ******* much because he is so goddamn pretentious and arrogant. On the other hand, something like physics or chemistry is based on reality and you can be objectively correct about certain aspects of it.

Ok goofy ass
lmao look at this triggered snowflake because I just dismantled his entire "skill", aka powerscaling. You probably make powerscaling your entire personality and pride, which is so sad. And obviously I hit a nerve in you because of that. It's totally fine to enjoy powerscaling for fun and a hobby, but weirdos like you get SO triggered and pretentious about it, even though nobody actually gives a ****. Talking trash about others because of their "inferior" powerscaling skills reminds me of how I used to be back then LMFAOOOO.

I mean true but powerscaling discussion on Youtube/Discord servers/TikTok/Reddit is actual cancer with people outright ignoring the source material (as I showed on my screenshot) or just resorting to insults

Not that vsbw is infinitely better and a bastion of """intellectual"""" powerscaling discussion but its something at least
Being a vsbw regular is the bare minimum honestly, but it doesn’t make you necessarily smart
But there are a shit ton of stupid people here…but I legally can’t point them out

Back