• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Seriously. You scale the hole to ONE FLOOR of the hole. Do you really think that Murata was trying to draw ONE FLOOR PROPORTIONATELY to the crater? No. But you know what? Murata definitely emphasized that the hole was about the size of a Beefcake. Beefcake is only 270 meters tall.

Okay so you fully understand the scope of how much of a wank this is. DarthSpiderr made this picture to show how Beefcake would have to be drawn in front of the hole to match the crater size calculation.

Beefcake's size is the single most inconsistent thing in OPM. If you take panels where things get emphasized, there's panels where the focal point is how he eclipses mountains, reaches the clouds or skyscrapers aren't even as big as his finger, drawn in detail no less.

Using him to scale anything is asinine as there's not a single panel that has him at the alleged 270m, let alone two panels among them all where he's depicted as the same size between them.

This also works in reverse, the skyscrapers, buildings, and what not would be unrealistically tiny, not even in that panel, but most of them.

Personally, I'd have picked a more clear building that's closer to the hole or maybe even a road to scale the hole off, but using Beefcake to scale ain't it chief.

Yup.

I just find it very strange that you came out of nowhere with 3 messages, find calcs that have been accepted for years by several CGMs that have absolutely 0 issues with them, somehow divide the result by 3, and call it a day.
Who knows. Maybe I want the calculations to be as accurate as possible because I love One Punch Man. Maybe I hate One Punch Man and want the stats to be as low as possible. I may have come from Reddit to annoy the WSB. Or maybe I'm Antvasima or someone else under a fake account. Who knows. Or maybe I'm a fake DarthSpiderr? Or Ouroboros? I don't know. Personally, I'm leaning towards the first option.

Beefcake's size is the single most inconsistent thing in OPM. If you take panels where things get emphasized, there's panels where the focal point is how he eclipses mountains, reaches the clouds or skyscrapers aren't even as big as his finger, drawn in detail no less.

Using him to scale anything is asinine as there's not a single panel that has him at the alleged 270m, let alone two panels among them all where he's depicted as the same size between them.

This also works in reverse, the skyscrapers, buildings, and what not would be unrealistically tiny, not even in that panel, but most of them.

Personally, I'd have picked a more clear building that's closer to the hole or maybe even a road to scale the hole off, but using Beefcake to scale ain't it chief.
These are not clouds. It's steam from his body.

The beefcake was between the mountains, we don't know how big it is against the background of the distant mountain and how high the frame was on the other mountain. In other cases, there are almost no problems, 30 meter buildings + - a little less than 10 times less than Beefcake and so on. Its maximum height can be slightly less than 270 meters when approached. He was rarely overrated.

I'm still leaning towards the fact that the emphasis was on Marugori, but not on the buildings.
It's never too late to change the present.

Yeah Murata consistently fails at depicting size of large characters, look at these Gouketsu panels lol:
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzc3NTc2NzM0NzIlMkY5MTcyNjM2MDkwMTEyNjk2NDIlMkYwMDQucG5n.png

Here he just looks barely taller than Snek and Max
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwNDQwMTk3NTcwODYlMkY5MTcyNjM5OTQ0MzAwNDYyMTglMkYwMTAucG5n.png

But then Suiryu can barely reach his ankle and half of his foot is bigger than his whole body lol

And I can also bring up the whole Sage Centipede chapters but I think you get the point

These are not clouds. It's steam from his body.
Quite frankly don't care what they are, my point doesn't change.
The beefcake was between the mountains, we don't know how big it is against the background of the distant mountain and how high the frame was on the other mountain.
Wouldn't be hard to figure out with basic angsizing.
In other cases, there are almost no problems, 30 meter buildings + - a little less than 10 times less than Beefcake and so on. Its maximum height can be slightly less than 270 meters when approached. He was rarely overrated.
You might need to double check lad. There is not a single shot in the whole of the manga where he's even close to 270m, there's shots where he's less, and then there are shots where he's almost a km, if not more.
I'm still leaning towards the fact that the emphasis was on Marugori, but not on the buildings.
And as I just said, it doesn't even matter because in every shot, quite literally every panel mind you, even shots where he's the focal point, or shots where his height can directly be compared to things drawn with great detail (Aka, things being emphasized), it's different every single time.

We don't use it for a reason lad, every panel scaled had widely different heights, and none of them, not one, was even remotely close to 270m.
If you want to argue 270m is legit, consistent, and even viable in that particular panel, prove it's consistent as a whole first. In order for you to even attempt to argue that Kachon's calc is wrong you'd need to prove Beefcake's height is consistently portrayed to be about, or around 270m, otherwise how do we know he's being accurately depicted as 270m in the panel with the hole?
actually though, if we treated him as 270m in every panel, we'd have cases of houses being like 1m tall for example or roads being as big as sidewalks, etc. Just treat it as he is in the panel he's in.
It's never too late to change the present.
Don't fix what ain't broken, and you need to actually prove it's broken first.

Last edited:

You might need to double check lad. There is not a single shot in the whole of the manga where he's even close to 270m, there's shots where he's less, and then there are shots where he's almost a km, if not more.

And as I just said, it doesn't even matter because in every shot, quite literally every panel mind you, even shots where he's the focal point, or shots where his height and directly be compared to things drawn with great detail (Aka, things being emphasized), it's different every single time.

We don't use it for a reason lad, every panel scaled had widely different heights, and none of them, not one, was even remotely close to 270m.
If you want to argue 270m is legit, consistent, and even viable in that particular panel, prove it's consistent as a whole first. In order for you to even attempt to argue that Kachon's calc is wrong you'd need to prove Beefcake's height is consistently portrayed to be about, or around 270m, otherwise how do we know he's being accurately depicted as 270m in the panel with the hole?
actually though, if we treated him as 270m in every panel, we'd have cases of houses being like 1m tall for example or roads being as big as sidewalks, etc. Just treat it as he is in the panel he's in.

LITERALLY THANK YOU CHARIOT.

And as I just said, it doesn't even matter because in every shot, quite literally every panel mind you, even shots where he's the focal point, or shots where his height and directly be compared to things drawn with great detail (Aka, things being emphasized), it's different every single time.

I'm really sorry, but this is too much for my English and I don't feel like arguing about it. Too much text.. I'll just answer the last one.

I'll do it anyway. Besides, for example, Damage said that it makes sense.

I'll do it anyway. Besides, for example, Damage said that it makes sense.
So? Damage isn't the end all, be all, and it honestly makes zero sense.

Why pretend he's 270m when he isn't? You can not reasonably say he's consistently 270m, let alone 270m in that panel. For example, you used the image above to showcase how big he'd be if he was 270m compared to the hole, but have you taken the time to scale how big everything else would be if he's 270m in that shot? The answer would be you'd have unrealistically small buildings and whatnot, impossible to live in type shit.

Why's one ok but not the other? It's blatant double standards all because you want to treat Beefcake as something he's not. And before you say it's emphasized, I'd like to point out the reason the buildings aren't that detailed is because he's drawn way the **** bigger than 270m in that shot, and as consequence, the buildings are drawn too small to get a bunch of detail in.

I'm dropping this for now, if you want to make a CRT for it or some shit, I'll continue it there.

So? Damage isn't the end all, be all, and it honestly makes zero sense.

Why pretend he's 270m when he isn't? You can not reasonably say he's consistently 270m, let alone 270m in that panel. For example, you used the image above to showcase how big he'd be if he was 270m compared to the hole, but have you taken the time to scale how big everything else would be if he's 270m in that shot? The answer would be you'd have unrealistically small buildings and whatnot, impossible to live in type shit.

Why's one ok but not the other? It's blatant double standards all because you want to treat Beefcake as something he's not. And before you say it's emphasized, I'd like to point out the reason the buildings aren't that detailed is because he's drawn way the **** bigger than 270m in that shot, and as consequence, the buildings are drawn too small to get a bunch of detail in.

I'm dropping this for now, if you want to make a CRT for it or some shit, I'll continue it there.
I'll call you when I start CTR about it, okay? Damage told us not to discuss new changes due to the flow of current changes.

The only One Punch Man mid tier character that has an absolutely reliable City level is Vaccine. It's such a straightforward feat that I even think it might even be slightly understated.

Back