• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
At best, both are calc stacking. This method fails to consider the possibility of characters on the same level as Robert's 200 ninatons of TNT that would appear to be less powerful due to, say, condensing their attacks over a smaller area. So suddenly, characters like this would appear weaker when they're not.

Neither of these methods are reliable to use, hence why in this case, Boros causing more damage to the ship would simply scale him unquantifiably above the Moon jump rather than doing any of this with it.
This just alls under the AP DC discrepancy, basic stuff

At best, both are calc stacking.
No where in the rules is the second example of calc stacking. So you can think it is, but until the rules are updated, it isn't
This method fails to consider the possibility of characters on the same level as Robert's 200 ninatons of TNT that would appear to be less powerful due to, say, condensing their attacks over a smaller area. So suddenly, characters like this would appear weaker when they're not.
I mean unless it's stated they have that ability, (which neither Boros or Saitama do), it's a nothing burger. Also, by this logic, outlier calcs don't exist. All lower feats are just characters condesning their attack's range.

Reactions: Sus
No where in the rules is the second example of calc stacking. So you can think it is, but until the rules are updated, it isn't
I think I'd have a good idea as to what is and isn't calc stacking. Using an already calculated value the way you plan on doing here is in fact calc stacking.
I mean unless it's stated they have that ability, (which neither Boros or Saitama do), it's a nothing burger. Also, by this logic, outlier calcs don't exist. All lower feats are just characters condesning their attack's range.
Condensing attack range is not something that needs to be stated, it's like the most basic thing anyone can really do, especially for a verse like OPM. Also, the "outlier calcs don't exist" point is completely moot. Context is key. If a character is putting their all into a feat, they wouldn't be condensing their attack range to begin with. Say a character puts their all into Feat A, but it's lower than Feat B which they casually did. Feat B would be an outlier for conflicting with what's shown to be the character's full strength.
No? The worst it can do is get a result lower than what they might actually be, but it would still be vastly more accurate than the current method of just dumb upscaling stuff
The use of scaling like this is far more reliable since it doesn't involve a method like this that I have already noted to be unreliable.

The use of scaling like this is far more reliable since it doesn't involve a method like this that I have already noted to be unreliable.
This isn’t an argument, saying “I’m right because it’s true” means nothing
while some crappy ass scaling chain often just leaves characters blatantly downplayed, it’s impossible to downgrade people via a calc, since the lower end of DC is ignored, and the maximum is the only thing that matters. Under the current system, pretty much every character on the wiki is going to be lower than they actually should be, but calc stacking makes them closer to accurate, even if it could end up being too low or something. It’s literally just the normal calc system, but twice in a row

Even just restricting to a single layer of calc stacking would make a massive but necessary difference, the rule against it is kinda just blatantly stupid

That's an issue with the rule itself. As it stands now, this is how it is. You can make a thread about the rules regarding calc stacking if you wish, I'm just kinda the messenger here. VSBW is pretty strict on calc stacking

It's not really "I'm right because it's true," it's more like "I'm right because this is just how it is right now." I'm not opposed to someone making a thread about this if they feel it's necessary.

when snek is fighting suiryu he specifically pictures watchdog man in his head, and then Saitama immediately after
an interesting coincidence

Calc stacking is allowed if the values calculated can't magically change, such as size

Take that as you will

I am talking about speed. Psykorochi's calc uses escape velocity since the crust didn't fly to outer space. But that logic doesn't properly work when most of the verse is above escape velocity.
If it was above escaping velocity, the slab would've kept drifting into space

Since it fell down, its logically below escaping velocity

Also something about how the impact didn't cause so much damage

Back