• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Sage Centipede Upgrade

These two calcs have been accepted:

In the first feat in the first blog, a new speed value for Sage Centipede was found, upgrading him from Massively Hypersonic to Massively Hypersonic+
The second feat in the first blog found the speed of One Shotter, making him 8.71628574c (FTL)

In the second blog, I used accepted values from different calcs to find the Kinetic Energy of Sage Centipede. He will be upgraded from Continent level to Multi Continental level.

This is the list of things that need to get done in this thread (Please follow this for maximum efficiency):

• Get the first blog's math and logic behind it agreed upon. Status: Pending
  • Discuss who scales to Sage Centipede's new speed value. Status: Pending
  • Decide whether One Shotter's feat is an outlier or not. Status: Agreed to be an outlier
  • Get the second blog's math and logic behind it agreed upon. Status: Pending
  • Discuss who scales to Sage Centipede's new AP value. Status: Pending

PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for people to comment on the other points but FTL One Shotter is a horrific outlier. This shouldn't be up for discussion.
The fact that it's in the blog means that it needs to be addressed, so yes, it needs to be discussed.

Wrong or an outlier?
Outlier (Probably wrong too but whatever)
What was the reason?
I don't know for sure, but as far as I remember, one of the reasons is because there was no centipede that compares to Elder Centipede (Something that applies with the Sage Centipede. The son of a bitch has 6666 legs), another because it needed to show some level of destruction at least proportional

Eh not sure about the speed calc being a complete outlier but I do find it a little suspicious myself given the other FTL characters.

I'd agree with a possibly FTL for Sage myself.

I mean FTL Sage makes sense, kinda, FTL One Shotter is an outlier and makes a ton of other characters FTL that have no justification in the story to be FTL.

If it's One-Shotter's only feat, don't see why we shouldn't use it lel
FTL One Shotter means FTL Rhino Wrestler, FTL Rhino Wrestler means FTL Iaian, FTL Iaian means FTL Narinki Mercs and Do-S, FTL Do-S means that basically every S Class and a ton of other demon and dragon level monsters become FTL due to scaling lol

Regarding this:

What is the 0.3 actually sourced to? I may be missing it but I don't see a 0.3 on that page that it linked to.
3 grams / 0.003 kg. I forgot a couple zeroes

I fixed it.

Sage Centipede is now 243883343 m/s (Rel+)
One Shotter is now 261307672600 m/s (MFTL)
Sage Centipede is now 8.27837197657777 Zettatons (Low 5-B)

Last edited:
Wait, so it goes:

Sage Centipede's Speed (m/s) = [ Sage Centipede's Length (m) / IRL Centipede's Mass (kg) ] * IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s)

Is that the right formula?

Shouldn't that be this?:

Sage Centipede's Speed (m/s) = Sage Centipede's Length (m) * [ IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ]

Wait, so it goes:

Sage Centipede's Speed (m/s) = [ Sage Centipede's Length (m) / IRL Centipede's Mass (kg) ] * IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s)

Shouldn't that be this?:

Sage Centipede's Speed (m/s) = Sage Centipede's Length (m) * [ IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ]
The formula is: (a÷b)×c

a = Sage Centipede's Length

b = IRL Centipede's Length

c = IRL Centipede's Speed

1846482/0.3)*0.39624 = 2438833.43 m/s

Plugging in just gives the old value all over again -_-

Wait, so it goes:

Shouldn't that be this?:

That's also incorrect.

It has to compare both the centipede's lengths, to get the difference in them, then multiply by the known speed to get a proportional value.

[ x ÷ y ] × z, where x is the length of sage centipede, y is the length of a real centipede, and z is the speed of a real centipede

That's also incorrect.

It has to compare both the centipede's lengths, to get the difference in them, then multiply by the known speed to get a proportional value.

[ x ÷ y ] × z, where x is the length of sage centipede, y is the length of a real centipede, and z is the speed of a real centipede
This formula:

Sage Centipede's Length (m) * [ IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ]

And this formula:

[ Sage Centipede's Length (m) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ] * IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s)

Give the same results, so I'm not incorrect.

This formula:

Sage Centipede's Length (m) * [ IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ]

And this formula:

[ Sage Centipede's Length (m) / IRL Centipede's Length (m) ] * IRL Centipede's Speed (m/s)

It appears so. The order of factors does not change the product. Looks like I was wrong.

So like, we just don't do anything because both calcs are wrong?

Also, why would we ever say a psychic infinitely worse than Tornado can accelerate an object to FTL speeds, a feat according to Murata she cannot do because she lacks the control for it? The calc is just based on a host of bad assumptions.

Also, why would we ever say a psychic infinitely worse than Tornado can accelerate an object to FTL speeds, a feat according to Murata she cannot do because she lacks the control for it? The calc is just based on a host of bad assumptions.
Well we can't do anything at the moment because the wrong formula is being used in the calc in the OP.

I mean it's just how it is, Geryu is an infinitely worse psychic but he just figured out a technique to remove friction from objects so he can indeed throw objects at near light speed without destroying them.

Geryu is an infinitely worse psychic
He's less powerful than Tornado, but he was noted as being more skilled than her. Which is why he can do what he does.

Gearsper is inferior to Tornado in every category, not just power.

I don't know for sure, but as far as I remember, one of the reasons is because there was no centipede that compares to Elder Centipede (Something that applies with the Sage Centipede. The son of a bitch has 6666 legs), another because it needed to show some level of destruction at least proportional
Yeah, that too is a reason why I don't think the proposed calc would be suitable.

It's not stated Gearsper accelerates the speed of One Shotter's bullets. He only made him aim accurately. I see no reason why we should assume something that's not stated.

Back