• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
fMZf9In.jpg

garou appears to be flying in the top pannel, actually
Yeah he was flying

If accepted, it would be really too consistent considering that AB Bang believed he could go extreme diff with EC, and lost to Garou who at the time was 6-C
Post-Molt EC, AB Bang and Post-Darkshine Garou all being High 7-A+ would be great. Although it does make Garou’s fight with Bomb even weirder than it already is

No? Why would Darkshine scale to AB Bang?
He was able to spar with Bang with no damage. Also, he was able to tank hits from Spiral Garou, who would best Bang in his next evolution. Darkshine one shot ENW, which monster Garou took multiple hits to kill. (Given ENW was probably a little more powerful at that point)

Also, seeing as Bang would be pretty close to Monster Garou's in terms of AP, I think we can throw out the "He grew 1000 times faster after beating Bang" argument. In other words, downscale Bang's speed from Garou's Relativistic+ rating.

He was able to spar with Bang with no damage
Base Bang.
Also, he was able to tank hits from Spiral Garou, who would best Bang in his next evolution.
Literally irrelevant. Darkshine taking hits from Half-Monster Garou doesn’t mean he can do the same with Post-Darkshine Garou.
Darkshine one shot ENW, which monster Garou took multiple hits to kill. (Given ENW was probably a little more powerful at that point)
ENW was growing stronger as time went on, and Darkshine has already been shown to be weaker than a lesser form of Garou.

ENW was growing stronger as time went on, and Darkshine has already been shown to be weaker than a lesser form of Garou.
This is one point I will contend with. He may have been losing due to his cowardice, but in terms of physicals, he was more than on top of things. He's called the "pinnacle of physical combat" by the narrator.
👀 What Mountain level statement?
Someone asked if Bos Genos could destroy a mountain and Murata said yes.

This is one point I will contend with. He may have been losing due to his cowardice, but in terms of physicals, he was more than on top of things. He's called the "pinnacle of physical combat" by the narrator.
Garou literally matched him in strength, continued to grow stronger afterwards and straight-up overpowered him. Darkshine is clearly weaker than peak Half-Monster Garou.
Someone asked if Bos Genos could destroy a mountain and Murata said yes.
Aside from the fact that Murata statements are only worth possibly ratings, destroying a mountain isn’t necessarily Mountain level.

Aside from the fact that Murata statements are only worth possibly ratings, destroying a mountain isn’t necessarily Mountain level.
It doesn't make sense to use the lowest possible end for destroying a mountain. When a character is stated to be capable of "destroying a building", nobody argues for Wall Level AP just because on the lowest conceivable end of the feat that's all it would take. The authorial intent of saying Genos can destroy a mountain is to put him at that level of destructive power.

Also, while I think that Darkshine's AP is decently lower than his dura, I will concede that debate for now.

It doesn't make sense to use the lowest possible end for destroying a mountain. When a character is stated to be capable of "destroying a building", nobody argues for Wall Level AP just because on the lowest conceivable end of the feat that's all it would take. The authorial intent of saying Genos can destroy a mountain is to put him at that level of destructive power.
You can make a thread to change the standards for that if you’d like, but as of now, a simple “can destroy a mountain” statement is prolly gonna get Small City level unless you argue Genos would vape the whole thing.

You can make a thread to change the standards for that if you’d like, but as of now, a simple “can destroy a mountain” statement is prolly gonna get Small City level unless you argue Genos would vape the whole thing.
So mountain level statements are always just small city level? Also pretty sure it was said he could level the mountain, if that changes anything.

Also that's assuming a mountain's base is = to its height, which I don't think is actually the case. Could be wrong though.

So mountain level statements are always just small city level? Also pretty sure it was said he could level the mountain, if that changes anything.
Not always, just if there’s no context given to how the mountain is destroyed (like with the Genos statement). I know statements like “shattering a mountain” use the Small City level end.

And afaik, for calcs involving mountains, if there’s no canonical size for the mountain, the baseline 609.6 meters height is usually used for it.

Not always, just if there’s no context given to how the mountain is destroyed (like with the Genos statement). I know statements like “shattering a mountain” use the Small City level end.

And afaik, for calcs involving mountains, if there’s no canonical size for the mountain, the baseline 609.6 meters height is usually used for it.
Goofy wiki standards moment #926183

I get it in cases where a character clearly shatters part of a mountain on panel/screen yet other characters or even WoG claim they shattered an entire mountain

I was thinking, shouldn't Zombieman be High 7-C or possibly High 7-C AP wise since ONE said he could eventually beat Deep Sea King?

Maybe it's a Kabuto situation where he just gets inside an exhausted DSK and targets his internal organs but I don't think he is really large in his dry form for that to be feasible

Back