• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also.

How heavy is Pig God? Because Mizuki can't move him at all but she can hold back a huge chunk of concrete fairly easily. Do you guys think he weights several tons?
He was also wedged between the concrete of the stairwell, so Mizuki would be pushing against that too.

Looking back at that scene where he got stuck it's kinda funny knowing he can swim through concrete if he wants to.

I do think he's about 2-3 tons if he's normal density, class 5-10 weight if he's abnormally dense. He's like 2.85 meters tall and 2.5 meters wide.

Latent energy refers to his energy pool. Meteoric Burst doesn't increase this energy pool, it just allows him to use his energy to boost his physical stats beyond his normal limits.

His latent energy being able to destroy a planet and the CSRC being able to destroy a planet are complementary statements. They're referring to the same thing; his total energy if fired can blow up planets.
But what I can understand is that it is those bursts in his liberated form that he uses in Saitama and the guide mentions a star to the CSRC, so I see no problem with that.

But what I can understand is that it is those bursts in his liberated form that he uses in Saitama and the guide mentions a star to the CSRC, so I see no problem with that.
Because the translation is meant to be this planet? Quoting from what Qawsedf linked:

He says word for word the same thing as in the webcomic and manga, save for "星の表面" that disappears, so it becomes:
  • 全エネルギーを放ち貴様もろともこの星を消し飛ばしてやろう
  • Zen enerugii wo hanachi kisama morotomo kono hoshi wo keshitobashite yarou
  • I will blow both you and this planet away with my full strength/energy blast.
Again here it's impossible for 星 to mean Star because Boros explicitly says "This 星", aka "This planet".

But this sentence has nothing to do with what I am mentioning, I speak of the description of the guidebook and not of Boros' speech in the anime.

Because the translation is meant to be this planet? Quoting from what Qawsedf linked:

He says word for word the same thing as in the webcomic and manga, save for "星の表面" that disappears, so it becomes:

• 全エネルギーを放ち貴様もろともこの星を消し飛ばしてやろう
    • Zen enerugii wo hanachi kisama morotomo kono hoshi wo keshitobashite yarou
    • I will blow both you and this planet away with my full strength/energy blast.
Again here it's impossible for 星 to mean Star because Boros explicitly says "This 星", aka "This planet".
I remember this being brought up.

But this sentence has nothing to do with what I am mentioning, I speak of the description of the guidebook and not of Boros' speech in the anime.
The Anime Compus Guide merely says Boros can destroy a planet with his latent energy meaning the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon. That's it.

It's already been discussed that it's a mistranslation. Plus, 5-B is much more consistent with everything else.

What do ya'll think of this pic for Anime Saitama
maxresdefault.jpg

But what I can understand is that it is those bursts in his liberated form that he uses in Saitama
He uses his latent energy to transcend his limits, but the book does not say he hits with planet destroying force in that form.
the guide mentions a star to the CSRC, so I see no problem with that.
Here's the scan with the raws
  • 星を消し飛ばすほどの威力を誇るボロスの究極技「崩星咆哮砲」に対抗するべく、サイタマが繰り出したのは「マジ殴り」。これまで普通のパンチ一撃で決着をつけてきたサイタマだが、壮バトルについに切り札を出す!!

Now here's everything besides the hoshi translated
  • In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique the [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away a [星], what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle had been concluded with a normal punch, he finally uses his trump card to end a terrific battle!!

Now can you tell me context wise, why it should be read as 'Star' rather than 'Planet'? Every other usage of hoshi in the series refers to just the planet Earth, including the anime this book is based on and including this book one page ago. There's no evidence that it should be read as 'Star' rather than 'Planet'

He uses his latent energy to transcend his limits, but the book does not say he hits with planet destroying force in that form.

Here's the scan with the raws
  • 星を消し飛ばすほどの威力を誇るボロスの究極技「崩星咆哮砲」に対抗するべく、サイタマが繰り出したのは「マジ殴り」。これまで普通のパンチ一撃で決着をつけてきたサイタマだが、壮バトルについに切り札を出す!!

Now here's everything besides the hoshi translated
  • In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique the [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away a [星], what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle had been concluded with a normal punch, he finally uses his trump card to end a terrific battle!!

Now can you tell me context wise, why it should be read as 'Star' rather than 'Planet'? Every other usage of hoshi in the series refers to just the planet Earth, including the anime this book is based on and including this book one page ago. There's no evidence that it should be read as 'Star' rather than 'Planet'
Only using the anime,「崩 星 咆哮 砲 」''Hoshi'' refers to the star and not the planet. (The translation of the anime is literally '' KOSEIHOKOHO '' which in this matter, would literally be a star.
Besides of course, from the previous statements, which would make a lot more sense.

Another thing is that the OFFICIAL English guidebook literally translates EVERYTHING correct, but would they just miss a single kanji? Since the context they have is better than ours.

Maybe. But latent energy is also used for Meteoric Burst, as well as the fact that latent energy isn' placed in the CSRC section of the databook, but at the beginning in his armored state.

Only using the anime,「崩 星 咆哮 砲 」''Hoshi'' refers to the star and not the planet. (The translation of the anime is literally '' KOSEIHOKOHO '' which in this matter, would literally be a star.
Because that's the name of the attack, not what it can actually do.
Besides of course, from the previous statements, which would make a lot more sense.
How though?
Another thing is that the OFFICIAL English guidebook literally translates EVERYTHING correct, but would they just miss a single kanji? Since the context they have is better than ours.
Honestly? Yeah. Viz has made similar issues before, like translating a Bleach line from 200 meters to 100 miles. The name of the attack is called "Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon" so they probably translated it as star for that reason. But context wise it should really just be planet. Its consistent with everything else.

Also, is anyone here good at making GIFs? I need it for Saitama's profile. Mainly Anime GIF versions for Serious punch, Serious sidehops and Saitama destroying the meteor

I can make some when I get the free time I guess. Just give me the episode numbers.

Ngl I don't really like the idea of anime profiles anymore.

I think Manga and Webcomic are enough.
Is the anime even canon?

Nope. It's only exclusive for Saitama and Boros, because they are the only characters who are different enough to justify seperate profiles.

Because we have one source for the statement, where Boros in the anime says it can destroy a planet.

There's nothing supporting the star end.
I thought we didn't use the anime.
That said, he makes a great point. Why would they use the symbol to mean star in one instance, then to mean planet in a different one in the same source?

But how different are they? Different tiers isn’t enough to justify new profiles, the characters themselves have to be significantly different or in a significantly different story.

Why would they use the symbol to mean star in one instance, then to mean planet in a different one in the same source?
Because the meaning of the word is contextual ultimately. There's context for the planet end, and none for the star end. Which is why I recommend we don't use it for that reason.

No... The anime Dragonball and manga Dragonball are quite a bit different, even plot-wise.

Because we have one source for the statement, where Boros in the anime says it can destroy a planet.

There's nothing supporting the star end.
I say for the name of the attack, because Boros does not even make sense to quote '' Star '' there, since he is at that moment on a Planet.

Wasn't there a CRT that seperated the Anime films from the main series? Because I remember there being lots of contradictions between the 2. I haven't been keeping up with dragonball lately

Some were considered non-canon but a lot were considered usable still since GT had some cameos and references to them.

Anyways that "Scortch the Earth" quote would've been useful forever ago when we were making the CSRC calcs.

We may also add in the earthquake thing for supplementary evidence for unsealed Boros.

I mean, I don't think he was really shaking the earth when he was fighting? He technically wasn't even touching the planet during the entire fight.

Someone better calc melting the planet uwu

Back