• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Darkshine fanboys be like: NAHHHH DARKSHINE WOULD'VE SURVIVED THE COSMIC RADIATION AND LANDED SOME CLEAN BLOWS ON GAROU IF HE WERE ONLY CONFIDENT REEEEEEEEEE

According to Darkshine fanboys: Darkshine's KanfidEnCe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Literally anything in fiction

Almost as stupid as power of friendship
Your forthrightness is amazing

Now that this fight is over, and potentially the arc in like another chapter,

What did you guys think of it?

For me, I very much welcomed the changes that one did to the story prior to the God and Blast stuff. I think after orochis defeat, the story just got wonky with Blast and God, they were added in to the story with no build up what so ever. Blast was the biggest WTF moment for me since he just straight up introduced himself like nothing and the story did not seem to take it seriously.
God was way too involved and he took some moments that garou could have had away from him.

In terms of power, Never though this arc would escalate so ******* much, even prior to Garou I did not imagine a timeline where we could argue whether Boros has been surpassed by tatsumaki or some random monster that came out of nowhere.

Here’s to see what the next arc has to offer and how they will change it from the comic.

Is there any way to calc the Jupiter feat with average human strength to sneeze ratio and get potential energy of Saitama just from that sneeze?

and no I don’t mean actual potential energy just energy potential lol.

Is there any way to calc the Jupiter feat with average human strength to sneeze ratio and get potential energy of Saitama just from that sneeze?

and no I don’t mean actual potential energy just energy potential lol.
I mean using PSI, it comes out to Dwarf Star Level. But that's assuming 1 psi=1 joules

1- god;
2- saitama;
3- CF Garou;
4- blast;
5- blast partners;
6- tatsumaki;
7- psykorochi;
8- meteoric buster boros;
9- platinum sperm (sorry genos but you lack off durability);
10- evil natural ocean

Saitama was literally spamming Serious Punches at Garou before Garou even copied him. And while Garou was being overwhelmed, he absolutely was tanking the Serious Punches. Saitama before his massive power boost was not strong enough to one shot Cosmic Garou. Period. Logical thinking and OPM fans are like oil and water. They hate each other.
ah yes, because serious punches are serious
which is why boros definitely gave him a struggle, as boros clearly backs up when he says "what a good fight saitama, that was really close!"

1- god;
2- saitama;
3- CF Garou;
4- blast;
5- blast partners;
6- tatsumaki;
7- psykorochi;
8- meteoric buster boros;
9- platinum sperm (sorry genos but you lack off durability);
10- evil natural ocean
i would mention sage centipede, but it has nothing but size, platinum Sperm would kick his ass in a fight, or not...

This arc was pretty good. Narratively it felt weaker the webcomic but with greater spectacle. A couple things felt asspull-y though, like Metal Bat’s buff and Saitama pulling Time Travel outta nowhere (though that’s arguably just an expansion on him breaking his Limiter).

I enjoyed the power escalation, though I doubt we’re getting crazy shit anywhere near this scale again until Saitama inevitably fights God. Unless Murata is planning to massively buff the Ninjas and Tatsumaki too. Sonic is gonna be one-shotting Darkshine too in the next arc lol

I'm wholly expecting him to at LEAST be 3-A with some good reality warping.

The fact that Garou can use time reversal to any extent means God can definitely manipulate time, like 100%, which was already implied multiple times. Imagine if God stops time and Saitama just ignores it.
is saitama actually gonna get so much hax to where he'll actually be able to solo jojo?
hmmm...

I present to you the greatest opm panel of all time

IMG_20220720_165134_662.jpg

Last edited:
This arc was pretty good. Narratively it felt weaker the webcomic but with greater spectacle. A couple things felt asspull-y though, like Metal Bat buff and Saitama pulling Time Travel outta nowhere (though that’s arguably just an expansion on him breaking his Limiter).

I enjoyed the power escalation, though I doubt we’re getting crazy shit anywhere near this scale again until Saitama inevitably fights God. Unless Murata is planning to massively buff the Ninjas and Tatsumaki too. Sonic is gonna be one-shotting Darkshine too in the next arc lol
Garou dying with a smile knocking Saitama is going back in time to do good was a nice touch as well.

Oh yeah, The Nina leader that could handle flashy flash and Sonic like new born babies.

considering this arc, that will be ******* insane.

I'm not strawmanning anything, you're expressing various different points that contradict each other. Your last point seems to be your main one, so let's take a stab at it: The inversion of shonen power creep means Saitama becomes the power measuring stick of his verse. Your enjoyment comes from seeing people "measure up" against that stick and without knowing Saitama's actual level, postulate about how close they are to his power, and hope they eventually match up. That is the main purpose of him subverting power dynamics and the main purpose of his gag, according to you. Is that correct?
A better understanding than before.

A level enjoyment does come from seeing people try to measure up. The majority of the enjoyment comes from seeing the side characters going through their own power struggles. Which you stated earlier as if I was in opposition to. Which is what I meant by arguing against points I never made a stand against.

Saitama having his mechanism for strength revealed is not "pointless". It shows that Garou could never catch up to Saitama just by trying to copy him; it says nothing about any other character. Garou's journey mirrors Saitama, but he fell on the wrong path from the start, and his growth was not naturally induced, unlike Saitama. There's nothing to say that another character with a heroic goal and a natural journey could not accomplish or reach Saitama's levels of power if they break their limitations. In future arcs, the focus will still be on side characters and their development as well as worldbuilding, and Saitama having infinite growth changes nothing about that.
It shows that saitama’s mechanism is infinite growth and you literally say that yourself.

Garou mirrors saitama? Lets stay away from that one. That’s a whole other conversation.

Another character could reach saitama’s strength???? That’s your point? You are confusing the **** outa me.

My whole point is that, yes, that was initially the case. That we would eventually see that happen. You are against that. Are you?

The focus for the most has always been on the side characters and their development. I’m not arguing against that.

What your point boils down to is just that you want Saitama to be limited, so that someone in the series could catch up. That "chase" for power is literally shonen-esque; the gag subverts that unhealthy desire you and other readers have. It will never happen, especially considering ONE's interviews about how he views Saitama. All this codifies in no uncertain terms that Saitama cannot be beaten.
The reason I want that is because that idea can be applied to any shonen/super hero setting and be open for many new ideas and journeys. The format of the gag/parody matters here. That format opens the door to so many possibilities. The fact it will never happen doesn’t matter. It’s the that it isn’t is why OPM took a nose dive in quality.

There's nothing to say that another character with a heroic goal and a natural journey could not accomplish or reach Saitama's levels of power if they break their limitations
All this codifies in no uncertain terms that Saitama cannot be beaten.
Pick one.

The gag is unrelated to your desire to see Saitama get challenged or even beaten; it is in fact the direct subversion of your expectations. If you're complaining that you no longer get to have those expectations, that's the point. That's not even mentioning the fact that Saitama is only shown to grow exponentially more than Garou, not against every being.
My expectations going into one punch man back in 2015 was that he was infact an unbeatable plot device but I grew up and realized it’s much deeper than that.

??? It only worked on gaoru. That’s your point? It’s because gaoru is the only one to reach saitama’s level.
OPM fights' stakes have always been about if Saitama is there in time or not. Now that Saitama's character has experienced the growth necessary to recognize his responsibility, the tool of time travel is in fact thematically consistent with him learning to be a better hero. OPM isn't one dimensional; your take on its gag is.
Again not arguing against that, don’t know why you brought it up.

Yes and now with the introduction of time travel the stakes of “will saitama show up on time” are completely gone. Because he has the instant undo button to fix all the consequences.

Children could predict where this is going.

This arc was pretty good. Narratively it felt weaker the webcomic but with greater spectacle. A couple things felt asspull-y though, like Metal Bat’s buff and Saitama pulling Time Travel outta nowhere (though that’s arguably just an expansion on him breaking his Limiter).

i'll be honest, i dont want tatsumaki to be anything above 5-b, would feel alit exageratted

that just ignores the "story by ONE art by Murata" on the cover of every single chapter
also he tweeted like a month ago talking about storyboards he got from ONE. he's passively telling us, "i got these STORYBOARDS from ONE, u know, all im doing is DRAWING."

Saitama went all out in terms of attacking. But Saitama's durability is likely a completely different story. His durability is likely already infinite while his AP is limited but can grow limitlessly
But that’s so ridiculous. Garou matched his full powered but couldn’t even scratch him? So he’s just invulnerable to anything in the verse? So his dura>his ap or anything for that matter.

i'll be honest, i dont want tatsumaki to be anything above 5-b, would feel alit exageratted
wouldn't be surprised if she caps at high 6-A, since the weakest limiter broken entity was boros at that tier
and I doubt tatsumaki, who isn't even the strongest S class hero, would be yet another limiter breaking character otherwise might as well just give everybody and their grandma the ability to break it
actually, how does it limit anything if you just break it by trying really hard anyways? whatever..

Would the time travel Saitama did count as atomic level body control? Considering he was only manipulating his own electrons

ah yes, because serious punches are serious
which is why boros definitely gave him a struggle, as boros clearly backs up when he says "what a good fight saitama, that was really close!"
Dude what in the actual **** is wrong with your rational thinking ability? I literally have no clue why the **** you're so bad at this lol. Saitama's punches (whether serious or normal) are NOT always in the same tier. Saitama's normal punches can vary from knocking out a normal human to shattering meteors. Same goes for his serious punch. And I'm not basing my entire argument that Saitama was serious against Garou because he was spamming serious punches. Maybe ya know... the fact that Garou literally just proved that he's ******* evil (even though it was God's influence) and ******* killed genos and all the heroes pissed Saitama off to the point where he literally ******* says that he's going all out and he "got what he wanted", which is a serious ******* fight. And you really need to work on polishing how you debate, because until you elaborated later on, I had no ******* clue what you were trying to say. Anyway, I'm done with you. You can't debate for shit my guy and you clearly lack any sort of rational thinking, something that is rampant within the OPM community.

Garou has literally taken over 20 (maybe over 30) punches, including punches that Saitama has explicitly said are not being held back, and people are still gonna say "Saitama is One Punch Man, thus he beats everyone in one punch".
He went from serious punches to normal punches after the power up lol

Back