• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
For some reason, I always get a kick out of watching OPM scaling and how the pages are tiered. It's like the stock market, except I can't get richer/poorer when it goes up or down.
you can get richer in amusement as you watch the copium of people desperately thinking of ways to make the characters higher and higher tiers

Either Flashy Flash is able to take teratons worth of damage or some steel wires can cut him.

Scaling the ninjas to flash and scaling flash to platinum are mutually exclusive.

The steel wire argument for the ninjas is honestly really stupid.

Spring Mustachio was able to pierce Garou. Golden Ball was able to hurt an off guard Garou.

This is pretty much just like whole fodder marine stabbing Whitebeard stuff.

Cutting and piercing attacks just naturally seem to do more damage than blunt attacks in fiction. But that doesn’t mean the characters durability are that low especially if they have higher feats.

296eabd071406ae621d0020951814ecc.jpg

Also I just don’t get it why do people have a problem with the speedsters scaling high? Like do people honestly believe that if you specialize in speed you’ll have low AP?

Look at The Flash. Because of how fast he moves his AP is also really high to point where he can shatter 4-B constructs. Look at Red Rush from Invincible he moves so fast that his punches literally fractured Omni-Man’s ribs.

And the ninjas in One Punch Man literally managed to cause damage to Brave Giant in the redraw while being in human form as well as tank Brave Giant’s Gigavolt Smash relatively unharmed. They are already borderlining Dragon lvl threats in human form.

And we saw that the monster cells boost martial artist like Choze and Bakuzan whom are like Tiger lvl to Demon and Dragon lvl respectively. So do people really think the ninjas only barely reach Dragon lvl in their monster form when their human forms are near Dragon lvl?

Aside from the fact that the laser being only human level is complete headcanon, it’s been shown multiple times in Dragon Ball (and especially in Dragon Ball Super) that being off-guard allows people to be harmed by things far below their durability.
so you're telling me that any fodder, even myself, can kill goku just by getting that laser gun and shooting goku while he's distracted. let's say goku is busy chowing down on some food, and i get a gun and shoot him. he ded. so much for universe level massively FTL+ god like being. meanwhile saitama can be sleeping and he can still tank a goddamn nuclear bomb to the face

so you're telling me that any fodder, even myself, can kill goku just by getting that laser gun and shooting goku while he's distracted. let's say goku is busy chowing down on some food, and i get a gun and shoot him. he ded.
He got scratched by a bullet while off-guard so like- again, this has been a thing in Dragon Ball for a while, I dunno why you’re acting like this is new information.
so much for universe level massively FTL+ god like being.
Yeah, hate to break it to you, he’s still Universe level and Massively FTL+. It’s not like Dragon Ball is the only verse where strong characters can get hurt by things vastly weaker than them when they’re off-guard either.
meanwhile saitama can be sleeping and he can still tank a goddamn nuclear bomb to the face
He got harmed by a cat while off-guard, sounds like headcanon to me

The light structure disappeared after Garou one-shotted PS according to King.
That doesn't change the fact that there is a "pause" between movements

Flash's calc happens by calcing the Duo's speed (At that very moment) and then Flash's reaction to them at that speed. What speed are we going to use to Platinum if he wasn't moving ? The calc only "works" if we use calc stacking

What speed are we going to use to Platinum if he wasn't moving ? The calc only "works" if we use calc stacking
It's the exact same as how we got Flashy Flash's speed. Flash jumped to a wall, stopped moving, then used Flashy Slash.

PS and Garou performed their FTL feat, then stopped moving for Garou to one-shot him.

Last edited:
It's not calc stacking, no need to look at the light formation, it's just the field of view, near and far. Like these scenes The character still produces light while in the setting there is no light. The light had just stopped at the time of King's scene.

so like, is there more to the Ninja bros argument than the fact they used metal wire? Cause that doesn't really apply to fiction, and OPM is no exception. People's clothes don't get destroyed at every hit, ENW is literally water but isn't vaporized by the energy of a tier 6 attack, many other characters use metal weaponry such as swords that doesn't break from tier 8 and above attacks, Do-S uses a whip that can hurt tier 8 people, Stinger has a spear/stick that's just bamboo which also can withstand tier 8 energy.

Like if there is more to the argument, then sure. But if it's literally just "Well they just used metal wire, and metal wire doesn't cut tier 6 beings, so outlier/can't work" and then just turn around be ok with people like Stinger using a literal bamboo spear, Do-S using a whip, and other metal weapons against tier 8 people and higher, then I don't see any substance to the argument.

"Well they just used metal wire, and metal wire doesn't cut tier 6 beings, so outlier/can't work" and then just turn around be ok with people like Stinger using a literal bamboo spear, Do-S using a whip, and other metal weapons against tier 8 people and higher
This. Even if Flash was just a 7-B, metal wire would (realistically) be unable to slice him. It’s just fiction being fiction.

Back