• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So DMUA accepted the Violent Fragmentation end of the new Genos calc. BoS Genos is now 7-C+. Should we start discussing the new scaling?

52.9725615918 Kilotons just slightly above baseline 7-C+ (52.9 Kilotons). So some characters that backscale from an even weaker BoS Genos like Base Mosquito Girl would probably be just at least 7-C.

So not actually close to baseline High 7-C? I am not sure who would upscale then

They only need to be 1.88776976221x stronger than BoS Genos to be High 7-C so I think some characters like Post-G4 Genos could be High 7-C.

@Tetsucabrah wanted to get working on a new set of scaling.

• Every demon rated 8-A -> Likely 7-C
  • Various A Class heroes that maybe scale to Genos (like Stinger) get a similar upgrade
  • Sonic and Dry DSK should get "At least 7-C" and a Wet DSK should get "High 7-C" imo
  • Post G4 Genos and up are High 7-C. Dunno if G4 should be High 7-C or "At least 7-C"
The 7-B+ scaling is another issue that Tet probably wants to cover.

Also I'll post that Psykos TK crush calc I did a couple threads ago to get a proper lifting strength rating for her (and Tornado I guess until the manga covers the base lift).

I am actually not sure if Genos fought a dehydrated Sea King. Yes his appearance was like that version, but he also kept looking like that went he stepped into the rain afterwards, and he was certainly hydrated by the time he attacked the shelter

The fight went like

• DSK is fully hydrated when Genos uses his flame cannon punch on him
  • Comes back steaming, changed into his pre-rain form, and had a messed up face when his healing factor starts to kick in
  • Fight eventually moves back outside into the rain where DSK starts to slowly become more fish like while Mumen Rider is talking
  • By the time Saitama has arrived DSK has gone back to his full fish form
So even if you want to aruge that DSK was stronger against Genos than he was against PPP, I don't think it was by a notable amount.

I'm arguing that DSK should scale to Genos in his True Form, not his base form

Post-HoE Genos was able to badly injure True Form DSK though that might be because of his cannons dehydrating him. Base Form DSK was on par with a one armed Post-HoE Genos.

I'm arguing that DSK should scale to Genos in his True Form, not his base form

The only difference between Genos in those fights was that he lost an arm. While I do think Genos is bit stronger its not by a whole lot. DSK kept up with him and he still had enough strength to rip off said arm .

Also if his name is "Deep Sea King" then shouldn't his profile be renamed?

It should. His name in Japanese is µÀ▒µÁÀþÄï which means "Deep Sea King".

Also to add I guess DSK before Genos punched him was huge. He dwarfed a crowd of people and his head was the size of Genos /Sonic. Comapre that to his reduced state where he's (while still much bigger) comparable to Genos.

Post-HoE Genos was able to badly injure True Form DSK though that might be because of his cannons dehydrating him.

I don't think he really injured DSK. He hit the hydrated form in the cheek and when he came back he had the same cheek damage. Its just that he was depowered. Of any hero Genos just elementally hard counters DSK.

Yeah. "At least 7-C (Ripped off Genos' arm and traded blows with him) | High 7-C (Far stronger than before) " or something.

I still don't think Base form is the one on par with Genos and that True Form is "far above". Since as you yourself showed Genos messed up DSK's page even when he was in his True form

I don't think he's on par with Genos. Genos with one arm was holding his own, so I definitely think that a fully healthy Genos would have a edge. Just that he isn't weaker by a substantial degree.

For the second form being High 7-C I can see your point. But a 1.8x difference isn't enough to one shot Genos and he would still be capable of being damaged by Genos. It goes something like

Genos (Chapter 9) -> New body parts post CK beating -> New Arms vs Saitama -> New Arms when the meteor was aiming at City Z -> The fight with DSK.

Just that in my view a Hydrated DSK has the scaling to support that he's 1.8x above Genos' early stage. But I can understand your points and "At least 7-C" for both forms still works.

Yeah that's why I said maybe his True form should just be likely High 7-C via severe upscaling. Only Post-G4 Genos and up should be solid High 7-C for two shotting True Form DSK.

@Qaw I'm not really saying he shouldn't scale above BoS Genos

I'm saying that his current keys being "Fought on par with Genos" | "Far stronger than before" isn't accurate since Genos damaged True Form Sea King while the profile implies True form is far above him.

True. Maybe something like "Superior to his previous form"

Actually I realized that his profile says "superior" instead of "far superior"..still it should be noted that Genos is on equal footing with True Form DSK, not just his base form

Andytrenom said:
Actually I realized that his profile says "superior" instead of "far superior"..still it should be noted that Genos is on equal footing with True Form DSK, not just his base form
Actually no. in the manga, genos punches true form DSK in the face, who then reverts back to his base form. than the rest of the fight is base form DSK vs genos, which was a pretty even matchup.

It hardly makes sense for Genos to tear out a chunk of True Form DSK's face and then struggle against his base form, or even DSK reverting to his base form out of nowhere when that state is simply dependent on his hydration level

I think DSK can just assume the appearance of his humanlike form while still keeping the power of his hydrated self

It hardly makes sense for Genos to tear out a chunk of True Form DSK's face

A 1.8x difference is hardly a large gap. Genos is still capable of damaging the larger form and his main weapons weaken DSK.

I think DSK can just assume the appearance of his humanlike form while still keeping the power of his hydrated self

There is zero evidence of that. He doesn't willing assume his lesser form, its just what he looks like when shriveled up. Genos' main weapons are fire cannons. He just dehydrated DSK again.

Hmph fine then I guess, Genos would still be needing to harm True Form DSK tho considering that's who he blasted away

Okay I think I'm done listing the profiles that need changes.

You guys can decide what the new justifications are if they need any.

At least 8-A likely 7-C
170,000 Year Magicicada Nymph

Surprise Attack Plum

Hundred-Eyes Octopus

Scaledo

Jumping Spider (One-Punch Man)

Phoenix Ma

Child Emperor w/ gears

Iaia

7-C+
Likely Base Mosquito Girl

BoS Genos

Pre-MA Pri-Pri-Prisoner

Armored Gorilla

Pureblood

Zombiema

At least 7-C+
Post-HoE Genos

Post-Blood Mosquito Girl

BoS/Pre-Training Sonic

Base Form Deep Sea King

Grizzly Nyah

Beast King

G4

High 7-C
Possibly G4

Likely True Form Deep Sea King

Likely G5

Likely Do-S

Likely Demonic Fa

Likely Blizzard of Hell (Fubuki)

Likely Evil Eye (One Punch Man)

Awakened Cockroach

Post-G4 Genos

Post-Training Sonic

Human Form Gale Wind

Human Form Hellfire Flame

Tanktop Master

Hero Hunter Garou

MA Arc Pri-Pri-Prisoner

7-B+
Likely Hero Hunter Garou

Likely Base Metal Bat

Royal Ripper

Bug God

Pig God

7-A
Sweet Mask

Fighting Spirit Metal Bat

Watchdog Ma

Atomic Samurai

Post-MA Arc Genos

Pluto

Beefcake

Gums

Fuhrer Ugly

Bakuzan (One Punch Man)

Melzalgald

Geryuganshoop

Groribas

Base Carnage Kabuto

Evil Natural Water

Vaccine Ma

Black Sperm

Peak Human and Early Half-Monster Garou

At least 7-A
Superalloy Darkshine

Flashy Flash

Bang

Bomb

Metal Knight w/ Prep

Brave Giant

Homeless Emperor

Gouketsu

Carnage Mode Carnage Kabuto

Elder Centipede

Overgrown Rover

Psykos (One-Punch Man)

Monster Form Gale Wind

Monster Form Hellfire Flame

Resurrected Phoenix Ma

Multi-Cell Sperm

Sealed Boros

Peak Half-Monster Garou

Why would base Mosquito Girl be "At least 7-C"? She had her legs torn off by Genos and was only stomping him in her stronger form

From what SuperAPM said the BoS Genos that performed the mountain feat was not the same BoS Genos that fought Mosquito Girl. So I assume the BoS Genos she fought was slightly weaker than the baseline 7-C+ Genos.

Sure, because they're physically powerful. Sonic's explosives for example couldn't tear off his arms and its very likely random fodder Tiger threats couldn't do it either.

Peter1129 said:
From what SuperAPM said the BoS Genos that performed the mountain feat was not the same BoS Genos that fought Mosquito Girl.
Technically not. His body was rebuilt after fighting her. So he had an upgrade between the forms.

That was just a joke

Them both being able to deal a similar level of damage to each other implies they're comparable so if Genos is 7-C, MG shouldn't be At least 7-C

Not in my view. Just "Likely 7-C" since they're scaling to a weaker version of Genos.

Anyone below Genos' HoE Armor set https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/f3/ec/10f3ec19aad52226815960fead5facec.jpg would have to be 9.2x weaker than it to not qualify for 7-C, that' why I say they'd still qualify for 7-C at least, even if his initial armor set https://66.media.tumblr.com/1f4d20aeb06a056ed09d638a817a0528/tumblr_inline_n27an5ldDI1qzfyvp.png is most likely 2x weaker

That said I also feel his third armor set https://img.chuing.net/i/QVeeVp/Preview.x.jpg should be at least 2x more powerful, since its considered to be an upgrade rather than a replacement, and therefore increase to 105,944 Tons or High 7-C, and anyone equal to or above this would be on this level, such as DSK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back