• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manga verison probably going rewrite this chapter when it come to that point since it seem like the first time Sonic met Gale Wind and Hellfire Fame here

Also Flash is even worse than Frieza when it come to "make sure to kill them all"

You had one job Flash

So Sonic now seem to be around the level of Flash,probably still slower than him but they are comparable.

Well i just we need to wait to the manga version to see if ONE will change something,like he did in the fight of Rover and Garou

It wouldn't shock me if Sonic had improved that much. A third key wouldn't be bad I guess, although I would personally wait a bit for more fight context so we know that Flashy isn't messing around or anything.

I mean, the unexpexted elbow from Sonic and the panel of Flash remarking that he defended against his Flashy Kick both seem to imply Sonic legit put up a fight against Flash

If the next chapter is to come soon tho, then I wouldn't mind waiting

If we add a new key then "Likely 7-A/At least MHS+" is probably fine. We know that people in-universe can make some rather extreme physical gains and Sonic's non-offical rival Genos recently got some upgrades that imply he's now capable of beating a Dragon level threat.

Just to be clear, the point about Genos is just meant to show how extreme jumps can happen in the verse and not to try and scale him to current Sonic right?

Yeah. He'd only scale to Sonic if they had a rematch and wasn't one shot/blitzed. I was just showing that other recurring side charactere are experiencing large power jumps.

Plua you have guys like Garou who went from 7-C to High 6-A in like 15 days in-universe.

Sonic is not Garou tho,Garou fought coutntless battles with many monsters and S Class in order to get such level and he also has the supwepower abiltiy to grow much stronger after a harsh battle.

Sonic on the other hand do nothing but self training.

But don't forget that Webcomic Flash and Manga Flash are a different version.

Webcomic Flash best speed fest is Supersonic\Hypersonic unlike Manga Flash.

In the manga version the fight will be likely different

That much is obvious, the problem is that it'll take years for the Manga to adapt that fight. Under normal circumstances I'd also suggest waiting, but I think its reasonable to apply changes now and adjust them should the Manga make any major changes.

Awakened Garou, Genos' last key, and GS are all webcomic only forms that have their ratings based on manga feats. Like SuperAPM said it's okay to change it now and edit it later if there's major contradictions. Plus it's a new key that no one scales to atm anyways.

Ryope said:
https://********.org/chapter/640234/1Chapter 115
Seems like Sonic once dreamed to be Hokage and believed in talk-no-jutsu, wonder what happened. (also, poison resistance for Sonic).

Seems that Flash wasn't going all out.

I'm guessing that the Ninja Village leader is going to be the next main villain? I wonder how strong / fast he is going to be. Cool to see more Blast build up.

Ninja Leader, Neo-Heroes, The Organization, and God seem like the main incoming threats.

we got a mutant arc,an alien arc (kind of), a martial artist arc, a monster arc, now a ninja arc, and seems like Robot/hero/God arcs are coming. But what i really wonder is if we'll get an esper arc at some point (maybe that will give saitama some resistances,finally).

@Matt Did a new chapter get updated already or something? When did he one shot Sonic?

He wasn't one shot, Flashy even said that he guarded against it.

Are you talking about speed or AP? Sonic was able to block the attack so it didn't blitz him and he didn't get severely injured so he physically scales. Flashy also says that Sonic would've been able to counterattack if he used the 10 shadow burial, so Sonic is able to hit a FF that's trying.

He was taken off guard, but he still defended against it. I wouldn't consider that a blitz. Although I do personally think we should wait a bit to make sure he wasn't pulling some "I was holding back all along" sorta thing.

How long would the wait be tho? I also wouldn't want to have a page updated and be forced to revert it completely by the next chapter, but if it's unknown how long it will take making the changes now and taking a tiny gamble would be better

Sure, I mentioned that if others think its fine than I'm not against adding a third key. I was just saying that I personally think we should wait for more context, but as I said before with the AP stuff we can always just change it later if its proven incorrect.

Flash of course wouldn't go all out against his former only friend but even he is surprised that he improved that much. Of course Sonic got stronger but he is nowhere near a Serious Flash yet.Flash has his forbidden techniques moreover.

This leader of Ninjas can't be Sweet Mask, can he? As soon as i saw the Ninja Leader first thing struck my mind was Sweet Mask.His foreshadowing resembles Sweet Mask and Sweet Mask's full hero name is Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask which kinda sounds like a ninja name if you look at it.Maybe after witnessing to Saitama defeating Garou helped him to regain his memories.(I also don't believe in this to be true but maybe?)

Balanced Balance is my favorite ninja name btw.

I hardly see much indication that he was holding back within the chapters itself

It is pretty much the same with Ninja Bros or 100 Eyed Octupus.

Flash doesn't go all out at the start.But Sonic held his own against a Flashy Kick which Ninja Bros in their Monster Form couldn't.

Each of these Ninja Bros is definitely Mid tier Dragon Level Monsters, combined probably High Dragon Level Monsters.There are not many heroes that can handle them.

And Sonic surpassed them literally.He is really getting stronger and i am very happy about it.

It probably not going to happen in the manga thought.

Like seriously,just a several days ago(in OPM verse) Sonic got blitz by casual Gale Wind and Hellfire and now he is faster than both of them?

Only 65 days have passed between Saitama joining the HA and chapter 97 of the webcomic. According to Genos in chapter 108 of the webcomic he's only been his pupil for "over two months". The damages from Beefcake's fall still have not been repaired.

Only like 80-90 days have passed in-universe from Beefcake to the current arc. Its an incredibly short timespan. Sonic improving that much in so little isn't shocking considering all the similar power ups shown to happen within 90-ish days.

I know the two months part but that not what i am talking about

The fight of Sonic and Gale Wind and Hellfire happen around several day before the MA vs HA fight

The current Sonic is like,at best several day after the arc,so that not make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back