• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The anime is a terrible adaptation - and the manga is a higher form of canon anyway.

are you guys ******* with me right now? we waited literally like a month for the ******* anime timeframe, and now its finally out and it yielded good results, so now you guys are saying that the anime "rushed the scene" and are saying that the result isnt usable?

than why the **** did we wait this long for the timeframe if we're not allowed to use it?

i bet if the time frame wasnt as quick and yielded worse results, you guys would have been fine with it.

and people ask me why i think vs battles hates OPM. the downplay smfh. what a joke

i ******* knew that you guys wouldnt ever let gouketsu reach tier 6, even though he clearly is.

i dont even know why the **** im on this biased ass site that clearly hates OPM.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Season 2 cuts like 30% of shit from the manga and crams stuff together.
what in the ever loving **** does that have to do with how quickly a cloud disperses?

and 30% my ass, stop exaggerating. its like 10% at best. probably 5% tbh

so just because season 2 cut some scenes, it means that the speed the cloud dispersed isnt valid? what the **** kinda logic is that lmao

Final Godzilla E said:
Why is Saitama only High 6-A, Is not Boros final attack capable of destroy Earth?
In the manga Boros says he will blow away the Earth's surface, not the entire Earth itself.

Damage3245 said:
I agree. The anime is a terrible adaptation - and the manga is a higher form of canon anyway.
lmfao because the anime timeframe yielded really high results, all of you are suddenly saying "**** the anime its not a good adaptation" i admit that s2 is a dogshit adaptation, but the hell does that have to do with the validity of the speed of dispersion of a cloud?

It's true that the adaptation has rushed and cut things out but I don't think that applies here.

They didn't change this part at all.

Tetsucabrah said:
It's true that the adaptation has rushed and cut things out but I don't think that applies here.
They didn't change this part at all.
exactly. the shittyness of the adaptation has nothing to do with how fast the cloud disperses and whether or not it's valid lmfao. at this point this is just pure downplay and there's no denying it.

you guys just cant stand the fact that gouketsu has a 60 gigaton feat

Gouketsu's feat is different in the anime though. His attack didn't move any clouds, it's just a shockwave. Suiryu's feat is the same as the manga, so that timeframe is fine.

But Gouketsu's attack doesn't move the clouds, so I don't think it can be used.

TheRustyOne said:
Gouketsu's feat is different in the anime though. His attack didn't move any clouds, it's just a shockwave. Suiryu's feat is the same as the manga, so that timeframe is fine.
But Gouketsu's attack doesn't move the clouds, so I don't think it can be used.
I guess that is a fair point. I even had to rewind the episode a bit because the shockwave went by so fast.

Imo 6-C upper end Dragons is okay, since it makes them landing a surprise blow capable of crippling Tatsumaki less of a stretch.

but i can understand if the anime feat isn't used ( also, called they wouldn't animate the clouds last thread)

If someone makes a new CRT with the timeframe then and it gets accepted I'll make the CRT. But there should absolutely be no upgrades until that happens.

Final Godzilla E said:
So we only accept the Manga?
Manga > Webcomic > Anime in terms of canon (on this site). If anime was prime canon then Boros, Garou, and Saitama would all be 5-B since the anime upgraded Boros' CSRC.

Final Godzilla E said:
Why is Manga more "trustable" than webcomic?
Probably because it can be considered the finished product. ONE added a ton more story and characters into the Garou arc compared to the web comic.

Animators guesses on how long panels take should have priority over fans guesses since they are professionally adapting the scene.

Scene wasn't slowed down for cinematic time so yeah.

Matthew Schroeder said:
1. Anime isn't Canon.
2. Gouketsu's feat isn't even properly shown in the anime. Much like Choze's feat prior.
What was wrong with Choze's feat in the anime? I can actually see what's wrong here, but not there.

The MHS calc is invalid since its attempting to measure movement from a single panel, you cannot tell if the drops where frozen through the duration of their movements.

There is nothing to compare the clouds being parted against to determine their size in Choze's anime feat. Whole in the manga we can see a wide shot of the stadium.

https://youtu.be/E_JHZXX4I0U?t=55

You can see a brief camera pan towards the sky here if you watch frame by frame, the PoV is from ground level, I don't know if that matters here but it means that the feat in the anime is very close to what's portrayed in the manga since the perspective would be on the same height.

I don't really have anything to say regarding the use of anime timeframes for manga feats, I think they're fine but we're sort of inconsistent on how we apply them, for instance, our Piccolo moonbust doesn't use the anime's timeframe.

Matthew Schroeder said:
1. Anime isn't Canon.
2. Gouketsu's feat isn't even properly shown in the anime. Much like Choze's feat prior.
like i ******* said. if the anime is not canon and we can't use the timeframe, why the **** did we wait a month for this damn episode to air?

"hey guys we have to wait for the anime episode to air so we know the timeframe"

"ok"

• a month later
"the anime shows the timeframe being less than a second, but it's not canon so **** that"

wtf

Yeah. The clouds didn't move in the anime aka this wasn't the same feat.

Using the timeframe won't work

Tbf the deal was if they adapt the feat well enough to be used as a parameter, the calc would use the timeframe as cano

they ruined the feat by removing the most important part: When Gouketsu actually splits the clouds.They just showed a quick shockwave and didn't actually animate the clouds moving.

I agree with using Choze's timeframe from the anime, mostly because we don't have anywhere else to look for a timeframe except supposition, which will always be too subjective to please everyone.

I will right now if

• Someone has made a new blog about the Goketsu feat
  • We've just decided to ditch the anime in this case and stick with 7-A

Qawsedf234 said:
I will right now if
  • Someone has made a new blog about the Goketsu feat
  • We've just decided to ditch the anime in this case and stick with 7-A
i thought if we don't use the anime timeframe, than we would use 1 second which still gives 6-C.

If two mods are against using the anime timeframe I guess there's not much I can do besides tally a vote. Andy and Matt are against using the anime timeframe and I'm for it. So comment on if the calc should be usable or not. That or ask the calc members who commented on the original calc to comment here.

Against using the timeframe: Andytrenom, Matthew Schroeder

For it or for the 6-C end: Qawsedf234

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back