• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
『かつて、太古。現代から振り返れば神代ともそれ以前とも捉えることのできる過去、人間たちが発生するよりも過去、地球にはイースの偉大なる種族が在った。かの時代、私はかの種族を統べる個体ではあったか』

"A long time ago, in ancient times. In the past where it can be said as the Age of Gods, or even before it from the view of the present, there was the Great Race of Yith who was there on the earth before the emergence of humanity. In those days, I was the one who reigned over my species."

Golden King hella old AF.

『かつて、太古。現代から振り返れば神代ともそれ以前とも捉えることのできる過去、人間たちが発生するよりも過去、地球にはイースの偉大なる種族が在った。かの時代、私はかの種族を統べる個体ではあったか』

"A long time ago, in ancient times. In the past where it can be said as the Age of Gods, or even before it from the view of the present, there was the Great Race of Yith who was there on the earth before the emergence of humanity. In those days, I was the one who reigned over my species."

Golden King hella old AF.
I have seen something like-
恐るべきもの、すべてを覆い尽くすもの。青き空さえをも支配する黄金の魔。世界の具現にも等しい支配の薔薇。
支配せしもの。
世界の体現者。
支配の薔薇。
もしくは、黄金の魔。
ちなみに、ヴァルーシアに登場した《巨神》は《黄金王》最上位形態には勝てません。《巨神》は世界に対して独立しているものの「敵対していない」ため、《黄金王》にも敵対できません (なぞなぞ風)
Is Rosenkreuz as old as the world itself? These scans also show that you need to be the enemy of the world to destroy Golden King, making it clearer when Leo's Giant God is defeated by Pnakotic Phantasmagoria.

I have seen something like-
Is Rosenkreuz as old as the world itself? These scans also show that you need to be the enemy of the world to destroy Golden King, making it clearer when Leo's Giant God is defeated by Pnakotic Phantasmagoria.
This is from one of the Sona Nyl liar soft mags where he and Lily met, and he talks to her about being the "world" itself.

Probably referring to him having once reigned over the planet, and also something about the "world of physics" being "his to control" of whatnot.

Something I got out of extreme curiosity.

But yeah, for all we know, Rosenkruez might literally be as old as the earth itself given he and his people's race.

That said, yeah that also would explain why Tesla could fight against his strongest terminal/form/wthatever since he's an "Enemy of the World". As if Tesla wasn't already an enemy to the Society enough as it is xD

恐るべきもの、すべてを覆い尽くすもの。青き空さえをも支配する黄金の魔。世界の具現にも等しい支配の薔薇。
支配せしもの。
世界の体現者。
支配の薔薇。
もしくは、黄金の魔。
ちなみに、ヴァルーシアに登場した《巨神》は《黄金王》最上位形態には勝てません。《巨神》は世界に対して独立しているものの「敵対していない」ため、《黄金王》にも敵対できません (なぞなぞ風)

It was something dreadful, something that covered everything. A golden demon that held dominion over even the blue sky. A rose ruler who was equivalent to being the embodiment of the world.

Something that rules.
The embodiment of the world.
The Rose Ruler.
Otherwise, the Golden Demon.

By the way, the Giant God that appeared in Valusia cannot prevail against the Golden King's top form (Ulthrathotep). Despite the Giant God being independent from the World, it cannot go against the Golden King either (puzzling draft).

So Golden King's got some very big "world ruler" thing going on. Pretty fitting for someone who lived in a time before humans were around on the planet.

@Mycroft_er Where'd you get the first two from? The VN? I've seen the Togetther site that has those tweets of Sakurai that give some tidbits like this, but the other stuff seems like they come from the VN.

It was something dreadful, something that covered everything. A golden demon that held dominion over even the blue sky. A rose ruler who was equivalent to being the embodiment of the world.

Something that rules.
The embodiment of the world.
The Rose Ruler.
Otherwise, the Golden Demon.
Is it referring to GK/Ultrathotep? Shouldn't this be Type 2 Abstract Existence?

Is it referring to GK/Ultrathotep? Shouldn't this be Type 2 Abstract Existence?
I mean, Rosenkreuz's nicknames were thrown in narration and characters in Gahkthun like Rose Ruler, and Golden Demon seems to really point to his common title as Golden King so yeah.

For his top form (Ultrathotep) is what I'd apply this thing to. His other forms/terminals he's said to take elsewhere, not so much.

As said earlier, the Liarsoft mag where he talks to Lily has him bragging/boasting about ruling over the "earth where the laws of physics reign" or something of that line...man's REALLY into science.

@RM97 I think his appearance here of what about to show you should give an indicator of what the Rose Ruler mindset (read: ego) can give for this thing.

@TISSG7Redgrave You'll really love this on GK's mental insanity owo

"Who are you?"

The girl's words were directed to another person she met.

It was a strange person.

They looked strange.

Their entire body was clad in a dark gentleman's suit, with a face covered in a golden mask. It was golden, same for their hands. Perhaps they were a machine, or they wore golden gloves?

They appeared human at a glance.

However, their head and neck were a little odd. There was no hair, skin, and nails. Instead, it was made up of countless undiluted tube-like objects. Many of those tubes were pulsating. Altogether, they barely made a human form wearing a men's suit, mask, and gloves.

"I am the World."

"The World?"

She was interested in that word.

She opened her mouth while looking at them intently as they sat before them----

---

"I understand.
There are as many worlds as there are people."

"Hmm."

"I traveled to the end of violet.
There, I came to my own world."

"I see."

The one in the Golden Mask nods.

I felt tired, being drawn in by the nod.

"So you have your own world?"

"Indeed."

"What do you mean in that sense?"

"It's something else."

"Then...what is this world that you speak of?"

I asked them.
This mysterious person.
This golden person.
Those undiluted tubes had a different characteristic from me and A, but were they like the metal people from the Underground World?

"The Base Reality. The world that is strictly ruled by the laws of physics. Yes, the world that I was promised to reign over is mine, and I am its ruler."

"?"

"Earth. That is my world. That is me."

"Earth..."

---

"Are you from earth?"

"Yes. In fact, I am the earth's ruler."

"So you're a king?"

"I am the king."

The golden mask nods.

It was then that I finally noticed it.

Engraved on the mask was a pattern. It was a rose pattern.

Last edited:
Was just looking at some random profiles, which eventually lead me to looking at our intelligence page. I then saw this under Supergenius:

"Other ways to qualify through non-technological means are to be able to process and understand literally infinite amounts of information, or to design entire realities of infinite complexity through skill and comprehension, rather than just wishing them into existence, and feats of a comparable scale may also reach a Supergenius rating."

I then realized Charlie and Mary might qualify, seeing their golden eye can give them an awareness of the infinite nature of Sharnoth, and M's true nature which is infinite.... Should have realized it when i was doing the Sharnoth revisions, but always thought Supergenius had to be something along the lines of creating tech which can warp reality, which was probably true for years, think this is recent.

Anyway doesn't seem too absurd when the golden eyes nature of seeing through everything, lets Mary see across infinite worlds.

Still can't get over how broken Mary's golden eye is, waiting for Neon to step up her game, 9 chapters in, she is still unaware of the messages, her golden eye is tell her, though apparently she can perceives things, at not only supersonic speeds, but at least lightning speed, which begs the question if Mary's perception speed would be upgraded due to that.....

@RM97 I think his appearance here of what about to show you should give an indicator of what the Rose Ruler mindset (read: ego) can give for this thing.

@TISSG7Redgrave You'll really love this on GK's mental insanity owo

"Who are you?"

The girl's words were directed to another person she met.

It was a strange person.

They looked strange.

Their entire body was clad in a dark gentleman's suit, with a face covered in a golden mask. It was golden, same for their hands. Perhaps they were a machine, or they wore golden gloves?

They appeared human at a glance.

However, their head and neck were a little odd. There was no hair, skin, and nails. Instead, it was made up of countless undiluted tube-like objects. Many of those tubes were pulsating. Altogether, they barely made a human form wearing a men's suit, mask, and gloves.

"I am the World."

"The World?"

She was interested in that word.

She opened her mouth while looking at them intently as they sat before them----

---

"I understand.
There are as many worlds as there are people."

"Hmm."

"I traveled to the end of violet.
There, I came to my own world."

"I see."

The one in the Golden Mask nods.

I felt tired, being drawn in by the nod.

"So you have your own world?"

"Indeed."

"What do you mean in that sense?"

"It's something else."

"Then...what is this world that you speak of?"

I asked them.
This mysterious person.
This golden person.
Those undiluted tubes had a different characteristic from me and A, but were they like the metal people from the Underground World?

"The Base Reality. The world that is strictly ruled by the laws of physics. Yes, the world that I was promised to reign over is mine, and I am its ruler."

"?"

"Earth. That is my world. That is me."

"Earth..."

---

"Are you from earth?"

"Yes. In fact, I am the earth's ruler."

"So you're a king?"

"I am the king."

The golden mask nods.

It was then that I finally noticed it.

Engraved on the mask was a pattern. It was a rose pattern.
I expect nothing less from a guy who loves the laws of physics yet uses the very thing that cracks it open like an egg

@Mycroft_er Ah. That sounded more like out of the base VN, but good to know.

@TISSG7Redgrave Not only that, he's also using the very same power source to do that from someone he seems really hellbent on wanting to kill, even if it meant sacrificing everything in the world from the sky to history lol.

@Celestial_Pegasus Like I said before, the Gahkthun Anthology does have Neon do things similar to that like "hearing" certain messages and then seeing stuff that tell her what they are. But that's like in a story that takes place post Gahkthun VN timewise.

Also on G.E speed reception thing, damn. That'd be OP to scale to other Gold Eye users, but idk IMO...

Yeah, I was looking at Inganock's official website cuz I was planning on translating some of their info on their characters and keywords, then noticed they had images of the characters we could have used.

Just never thought about it until now lol.

Well i fully finished the thing. A pretty good 9/10 imo. Other than some characters that may need a bit more to use I like it a lot.

There is a lot of things it has.

A's regen is tied to his shadows and his power. If he loses one then he will have reduced strength.

The 7th angel has all 6 of the other angel's abilities plus its own wacky woohoo things like destruction and distorting in its purest form due to being the law that keeps the underworld from dying.
20240127002745_1.jpg

It distorts ALL things apparently.
20240127000532_1.jpg

A could take down 4 angels with his neutral special the gun but was weakened overall. Lily ofc killed it in one blow.

Lily in base form resisted the tick toe side H*es and their memory projection which could break and manipulate minds.

Edison looks at the world of the underground like a sandbox and gave form to their deaths which are the angels.

Alan left a small cracking power in A so Lily could use it to not only bring Lily back from nothingness and give her form. What she says with it will give her form since cracking manipulate all matter. It helped her return to edison.
20240127013621_1.jpg

Edison has a clock that repeats everything as he wishes (The mega engine clock). It affects even the surface and underground at the same time and he likely can turn back as many times (It's also the fact he ate Yog).
20240127014820_1.jpg

20240127014827_1.jpg

20240127014833_1.jpg

20240127014839_1.jpg

Lily has the gold from Azathoth as it seems in this cycle AZTT helped Lily and betrayed Edison (who had the largest fragment).

Extra stories

Tesla's light is said to be all annihilating but well...expect a stomp.

20240128180422_1.jpg

Lily can dream walk which shows us having countless of worlds. She can even cross space and time with this (so she can arrive at places like Inganock before the mist came out).
20240128234541_1.jpg

20240129000456_1.jpg

Hypnos's bar is where "Dreams of the end" go to
20240129000339_1.jpg

Jaguarman Nagual (could be cracking but idk)
20240129000721_1.jpg

Tick tock man doesn't care about the order of events and can shove visions of the future to drive ppl mad. He gave a mask with the old ones power but the wearer's mind was being torn.
20240129005641_1.jpg

20240129005644_1.jpg

20240129010211_1.jpg

Lily is seeing and walking through worlds and tales of that time like Inganock and Valusia

Telsa in the time prison.
20240129210236_1.jpg

Idk if its specific but seems Edison's right side is more metalic based on narration which could hint the injury he sustained from Lily.

20240129214323_1.jpg

20240129214328_1.jpg

Edison can make people feel terror by his presence.

Named drop stories
20240129221153_1.jpg

Hypnos manipulating space time
20240129221751_1.jpg

20240129221857_1.jpg

20240129221916_1.jpg

Hypnos taking a fat L from A and Lily (With A's howler in darkness having infinite spears)

20240129222317_1.jpg

20240129222426_1.jpg

20240129222428_1.jpg

20240129222429_1.jpg

20240129222505_1.jpg

Hypnos being a pain
20240129222510_1.jpg

20240129222516_1.jpg

M being infinite darkness (And telling Hypnos L + ratio'ed by a girl.)
20240129223214_1.jpg

20240129223225_1.jpg

20240129223229_1.jpg

20240129223255_1.jpg

Hypnos still having that injury from Lily and A so it was the same one.
20240129223511_1.jpg

Interestingly enough M and Sebas "drinks" were the stories such as Gahkthun so not sure what to make of it. Btw Lily's "World" is from the people she met during her journey and can even summon them (doe they ain't as good as A ofc lolz)

Could add more but image limit and the annoyance i have to deal with rip.

Last edited:
Like he drank the story of "Gahkthun"? If so that's Plot Manipulation and could lead to tier 1 (At least Low 1-C, potentially 1-A).
It could probably be just drinks based after the location and settings/plots of things of what to come?

Gahkthun as we know has its story placed after Sona Nyl's, and we know that came to pass with its VN release.

Shaggai and Ulthar are also locations mentioned in Steampunk verse but we know little about them other than one exists in Seikyo/Earth (Shaggai) as some independent Engine City and the other was a name to Kadath's moon in the distant past + was the title of one of Sakurai's future projects back then (until she dipped out and go do the Fate series with Type Moon instead...)

Would be funny if it were the case but it wouldn't just be those stories/places since--

Edison/Tick Tock Man also ordered a drink here at the Abyssal Bar of Hypnos named after New York.

Though I don't really know the significance of these drinks being named after certain settings and places.

Last edited:
Also for correction on the drinks M and Sebas got:

M got the drink called "Shaggai", while Sebas is the one who ordered "Gahkthun".

But again, I have no clue what the significance of their drinks, or even Edison's in the bar are meant to represent other than being important plots and locations significant to the Steampunk Series (Unless some other side mats explain about it, but I only know Sona Nyl deals with the Elder God stuff and whatnot to my knowledge).

Perhaps if Sakurai had stayed with Liar-soft, we could have seen what would have unfolded and brought about to these drinks and why they're named after them but who knows. The only thing we know for certain is Hypnos bar serves them as drinks named after them.

Like he drank the story of "Gahkthun"? If so that's Plot Manipulation and could lead to tier 1 (At least Low 1-C, potentially 1-A).
We don't know much but the only thing I can see is that is how people like M and Edison see the world in Hypnos's bar. But otherwise idk. Imagine chugging down and getting wasted because you drank a story at 3AM.

On the last Gahkthun chapter now, will see how it goes, have some stuff to do today, but yea, as i thought should be working on the first CRT come the weekend.

Having knowledge about other things really makes things a lot clearly, (i read Gahkthun first before the others), so was scratching my head when Nightingale summoned something granted by the Black King, and then GK one shots the Critter.

GK granted all the arts using Cracking, and one shots Critters, who in that side story resists Cracking, using Cracking through his eyes.

Speaking of GK, probably has like superhuman, or maybe even infinite stamina? Might be hyperbolic, basic idea is that the Sekime/Crimson eyes are unceasing, they just keep going endlessly, Nightengale's art is also endless, but GK's is faster. Make a shield to protect yourself against the Sekime? Works for little, but the Sekime just overwhelms it soon after, broken.

Wanna talk about Tesla a little, this man is a tortured soul, pretty much suicidal, for one even going to Gahkthun immediately after getting out the Time Prison, knowing it's a trap, and going about things in the most roundabout of ways, like not fully explaining to Neon, what was going on, making her think he killed her family.

He has some severe guilt for letting her family die, and seems like he wanted to die for that, and his other failures like New York, even against the Council members, he was always confident in his victory, but looking back on those interactions, it's just weird, ie he pretty much seemed like he would have let Wilhelm kill him, after a good fight, if not for him mentioning GK.

He is pretty much a single, powerful guy indeed, up against a vast and powerful organization, and years of fighting and loss, has taken their toll.

His physiology confused for a bit there, being the avatar of lightning and needed hexes, and green stone to affect him, was trying to think of what to list that as, seeing as he has a physical body, then it finally occurred to me when it's stated he doesn't really have a heart, he is inorganic.

Seems to be a common thing with illusions, kikai, meta=critter etc, even though it's still weird how things without physical forms are made of metal and stuff, even Edison apparently has half of his body being gears.

We don't know much but the only thing I can see is that is how people like M and Edison see the world in Hypnos's bar. But otherwise idk. Imagine chugging down and getting wasted because you drank a story at 3AM.
Wdy mean see the world in Hypnos' bar?
As in all the worlds are perceived as fiction or something from Hypnos' bar? Is this bar located outside of Space-Time or something?

Wdy mean see the world in Hypnos' bar?
As in all the worlds are perceived as fiction or something from Hypnos' bar? Is this bar located outside of Space-Time or something?
The bar was located at some place when Lily was dream walking. When she was about to go into another world via crossing space and time she was getting close to the bar (which Thoth said Don't go there). It is between the conscious and subconscious. Idk what the drink's properly signify but like I said they order it like a drink.
20240129223502_1.jpg

20240130171710_1.jpg

20240130171714_1.jpg

20240130171839_1.jpg

20240130171841_1.jpg

20240130171842_1.jpg

20240130171850_1.jpg

@RM97 Yeah it's as @TISSG7Redgrave said and I.

We don't know the significance as of this discovery what the drinks mean for having these names. Although I did ask some people who know Steampunk more and they simply told me it's something about some sketchy stuff happening in those places with those names.

So Gahkthun, we know the history. And Shaggai is something brewing up there too.

But without Sakurai continuing the series, actively at least, who knows what that could be...

@Celestial_Pegasus

With all of the additional content about Cracking, it's not really much of a surprise anymore to learn that Nightengale CAN even summon a Critter or form one using a form of Cracking. Even GK was surprised about it too iirc.

Ah, you remind me of something about the Crimson Eyes. Valusia's official blog glossary on WAB setting said something about it. I might have posted it before too I believe.

真紅の瞳/赫眼 
結社《西インド会社》を統べる最高幹部たちの有する不気味な瞳。
永続的な活動(生物であれば生命活動か)をもたらすための特殊な《数式》を埋め込んだ場合、その人間の瞳は赤色に染まり、ともすれば夜闇に潜むおとぎ話の怪物のように、暗がりで輝くという。

Crimson Eyes/Bright Eyes (Sekigan)

The ominous eyes of the Top Executives of the Society's West India Company.
When a special mathematical Formula is implanted to bring about permanent activity (life activity if it's a living being), it turns the human eyes to red that resembles monsters from fairy tales who lurk in the dark and are said to radiate in the dark.

Source, Steampunk General Glossary, Valusia Blog

Yeah when you add Sona Nyl WN info to learn he actually tried to prevent NY's Cracking Experiment but failed, then also learn Neon's family was killed too around that time he got chucked into the Time Prison...dude's really worn out. Taking on a large society by himself, also taking down numerous gangsters and mob gangs on the side, even willing to go up against legit God's...he's got a lot of willpower and endurance to do that. And he probably was still depressed but kept it inside pretty well until the near end.

As for physiology, well Tesla has been an illusion since the day he made contact with the Thunderbird with Ben Franklin. And while he does have a physical presence to interact with people and stuff, the thing about him is all lightning ish. I recall a scene at the beach where he said his body and soul have now become lightning itself. Still sorta weird that it could be affected by things like Jo's Manipulate Art like how special weapons and tools (Jo's axe and Berta's blade, green stone and hexes, Douglas's Z sword, etc.). Either Tesla is still susceptile to Cracking in some variant, or Jo's Art ignores that seeing that she just needs to manipulate something that has a human shape...hmm.

Last edited:
When i think of GK's power in a vs match up, it blows my mind.

Like you posted there, the Sekime work via cracking, the VN says as much, makes it pretty clear everything he is doing like tearing through reality, and destroying the metaphysical is cracking.

Then you consider what cracking is going to be: info manipulation type 2, concept manipulation type 2, physics manipulation, law manipulation, subjective reality, math manipulation etc.

It's mind blowing, all that stuff is passive, and layered, and gets even more broken in Ultharathotep, with planetary range, and even more layered, and instantaneous attack speed...

How do you beat this thing without smurf hax, and resistances?

boom-mind-blown.gif

Casual relation of Demonbane Multiverse

スチームパンクシリーズに登場する
《地下魔界
(チカマガイ)
Made an appearance in Steampunk series
≪Underground Demon World≫

Super Robot Wars UX and Steampunk verse are confirmed to be a part of Demonbane Mythos, with them being outside of Dead End's wave of destruction. However Steampunk-verse is still being influenced by Dead End's ideology corruption. The word "Underground Demon World/地下魔界/チカマガイ" is from Gahkthun Novel Anthology.

Source, Demonbane Fanzin Vol 1, from Mugen's DMB Series Respect Blog/Thread on Spacebattles Forums

All credits go to @Mugen_no_Setsuna

To this day, which is just recent by like a few months since...I'm still amazed that Jin not only acknowledges crossovers and whatnot, but even got the Steampunk Series as a part of his series, even if distantly?

It still helps I guess that Jin and Hikaru both know each other personally and hang out, so they probably wouldn't mind if both referenced each others works in their respective series.

While it is preferred to share the links of your blog, but meh, whatever. Anyway, to anyone that's interested: I have wrote a post explaining about the chronological order and retcon stuffs in Demonbane, please check this out:

And yes, Steampunk verse IS in the same universe of Demonbane Mythos.
Still, credit is due to the goat that is YOU owo.

@Mugen_no_Setsuna I was just curious to see what you posted and found the full image.

Then linked it to here cuz it was still amusing to see the casual relationship.

Zanma Taisen and DYN Freaks have shit tons of references from Sakurai's works

I believe I can recall such things here and there~

Edit: That said, I'm very surprised to see such an expansive series about mecha's and outer gods ^^;

Edit: Imagine that as a Demonbane Series verse come back by merging with another existing series lol.

Wait, I'm stupid. It's on the wiki still. Damn, thought it was deleted for a while. ^^;

Back