• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just bought the game on steam. ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶l̶o̶a̶d̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶1̶8̶+̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶c̶ ̶i̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶k̶

I also forgot but it seems NY was also destroyed metaphysically but didn't get the screenshot ooof.

Last edited:
Anyone going through Sona Nyl? So far i got a few things there if anyone cares.

Death Hax, space, paralysis, embodiment of the laws for angels
20240122154557_1.jpg

20240122160232_1.jpg
20240122160234_1.jpg
20240122160238_1.jpg
20240122160254_1.jpg

20240122160240_1.jpg

20240122160242_1.jpg

20240122160243_1.jpg

20240122160247_1.jpg

20240122160322_1.jpg

20240122160349_1.jpg

20240122160355_1.jpg

20240122160400_1.jpg

20240122160406_1.jpg

20240122160444_1.jpg

20240122160451_1.jpg

20240122160525_1.jpg

20240122160535_1.jpg

20240122160712_1.jpg

20240122160715_1.jpg

Just dropping in for random reasons. Pretty nice overall so far.
Noice shit.

Also, only @Mycroft_er has finished so far last I checked. They're going through the side stories now.

Tfw some wank is in the H scenes or very suggestive scenes. Ngl that's hilarious to find out (if ppl ask its the metaphysical thing i mentioned).

I am still a ways off from Sona-Nyl, probably a couple weeks at this pace, I am thinking a Gahkthun Crt for most of the changes, and then a Crt by itself addressing info manipulation type 2, concept manipulation etc, who it scales to, layers etc.

I'm in chapter 3. I don't remember how many chapters but yeah I just started the chapter.

20240122230422_1.jpg

Blud why you gotta remember getting cucked BEFORE you are about to get metaphysically burned lmfao

Edit:

All this back talk onto Sona Nyl got me into looking into the progression of MG's localization of Liar-softs WAB titles, and I checked into their blog updates on their website.

Apparently, Gahkthun was first announced for localization back in July of 2014 (Also the time they first announced making a partnership with Liar-soft), around 2 years after Gahkthun first came out in 2012. By Dec 2015, they finished it and released it on their website, and then again on Steam the following year in April.

Then in August of that same year (2016), they announced Sona Nyl as their next title...which took them 7 years to go through because of likely a lot of reasons (how to handle certain parts where chars are saying something the text itself doesn't match, the Refrain content they were doing that's both all ages + have more story content and changes, possibly interest and project priority idk. And that's not including MG's other projects at the time like Rance and stuff on top of it on the side) where they finally released it on December of last year, and I believe the following month, which is where we are, on Steam.

If it's anything like Gahkthun and Sona Nyl, the next WAB title they could announce for localization can take another 7-8 months, possibly shorter too like maybe April or July like it did for Gahkthun. Who knows...

My only hope is it doesn't take as long as it did for Sona Nyl. At least, I don't think the other VN titles should have any problems like what Sona Nyl had in their localization but...just gotta Wait and Hope on this next one.

I really want Valusia to be next though, goddammit lol xD

Last edited:
So what does metaphysical destruction fall under exactly?

I was just reviewing a playthrough of the game in JP on another website for it (Niconico) and from what I got, the Angels (Messengers, but given what they're like and all, Angels isn't wrong to call them anyway?) not only cause "physical annihilation" but also "metaphysical destruction".

Is that like conceptual destruction hax or something? Sorta reminds me of GK's Ultrathotep where their hands can harm/destroy "physical and metaphysical things".

Sounds like type 3 concept hax. Though idk maybe an argument for type 2 seeing as they are cracking beings and cracking manipulates the numbers that make up reality.

Sounds like type 3 concept hax. Though idk maybe an argument for type 2 seeing as they are cracking beings and cracking manipulates the numbers that make up reality.
I mean the Messengers came about as a result of the

First Cracking Effect Experiment.

And since Edison was involved directly, that probably gotta count for something.

As @TISSG7Redgrave scans showed, A's Critters and Shadows can tank it AND destroy them. Wonder if that's scalable to Inganock's Critters...unless A's Critters are built differently?

Idk, cross scaling might be iffy? Depends how exactly A's Critters came about, do they make any references to Inganock.

A's Critter is obviously a Critter, in terms of basic nature, but if A shows stuff the others don't and there are no statements about being similar to Inganock Critters, cross scaling is probably iffy.

Idk, cross scaling might be iffy? Depends how exactly A's Critters came about, do they make any references to Inganock.

A's Critter is obviously a Critter, in terms of basic nature, but if A shows stuff the others don't and there are no statements about being similar to Inganock Critters, cross scaling is probably iffy.
Edit: Just realized I sorta contradicted myself there.

Well, their "birth" also came about because of the Experiment. They're also named Critters too, which the glossary both in-game and Engine Dictionary go over on why its unknown they share the same class as those in Inganock, just that they do.

Even then, it might also be iffy to do that since the Critters are just constantly stated to have death hax and the whole spatial hax of theirs.

Last edited:
Now A's other Critter post VN, though...

Boy, that one is as much of an outlier at even being called a "Critter" as Jabberwocky being called a Meta-Critter in Gahkthun Novel Anthology...

Tbh with the fact it was tick tock who screwed up a lot of the experiments in other places and hijacking it, it isn't far fetched to scale what they can do or what they are. It's just the specialized abilities or attacks that shouldn't scale but that's it really.

Also, only @Mycroft_er has finished so far last I checked. They're going through the side stories now.
I also finished the bonus stories.

Sona Nyl, to the best of my recollection, has two scans related to Metaphysical Destruction and one scan related to Conceptual Manip. All of that comes from Messengers.

And Critters, which was created based on the gifts Elysia gave Alan (a metal doll, a kitten figurine and a small scarecrow mask) have screws on its body, similar to Critters in Inganock.

Haven't started Refrain yet, but thanks to a Youtube video, I can see that Edison has restarted the event of Sona Nyl (PC Version) and that repeat event is the Refrain version.

In chapter 1, Edison said: "Let's begin again.".

In final chapter, the Mega Engine Clock is summoned by the black god, it is mentioned to have the ability to reset and end the world.

Along with these, what powers could Edison (or Mega Engine Clock) have? Causality Manip, Time Manip or Plot Manip? What do you think, everyone?

I also finished the bonus stories.

Snip
Oh we doing it like that? Well the VN has been out for about a month so F it, we ballin'.

Yeah, pretty much that. Critters A summons are based after some toys Alan gave to Elysia in the past. And if they got springs on their back, well...that's pretty much the criteria for most Critters appearing.

Edison's Mega Engine Clock being able to reset and/or end the World is an interesting power. Technically we know of its "world ending" aspect due to Karasher, and Celaphis story even implies it would have had a hand in it but it was only briefly mentioned when both worlds (Earth and Kadath) were about to go kaboom cuz of some "great equation ritual" going on. Its surely time hax cuz of his Yoggy aspect he got, and probably plot/causality too given he's also a Nyar like M + the Refrain content I believe is a meta-reason for why it happens over and over again...I think.

Probably all of the above for that, but it at least has time hax.

Going back a bit on Gahkthun, I remember when Rosenkreuz and Tesla were talking about the former was giving out Arts for decades in Marseille as a way to "pass the time" and that since he's the source and origin of all of them, he could surely use them if he wanted. Would have been really cool too if he did showcased them just to flex on Tesla, but he probably didn't both because Tesla more or less already counters them + didn't really need to when he had his Cracking Field + Ultrathotep form to boot.

IDK, it would have been cool for the one to be named the 2nd of the "Great Equation" Scholar title.

Imagine GK casually sending out all of the Arts left and right, bombarding Tesla with it on top of Ultrathotep. Would have been a greater showcase of what happens when someone reaches a higher than normal level of Cracking usage. And since the Cracking Field was continuously expanding to the point it reached that of earth size, dude really could have done a whole lot more with that lol.

...Although I do recall the peeps from the other forum I sparingly go to that said something about GK copying some things Edison has done, which isn't surprising with the most blatant one being

Source of the Cracking Effect, which we get confirmation directly from both Edison himself in the VN and a passage from one of chapter of the Engine Dictionary story.

But ah...one can only imagine.

I've read it. From what I see, it takes place before Hypnos' Evil Eye. So... Let's begin again.

Read Dream Wandering, then continue to Hypnos' Evil Eye.
Ah, just checking.

IMO, I think it could be before even the WN since there's some other minor things that would have been referenced otherwise, but it's kinda confusing even for me when I look at it sometimes.

In that way, I imagine the order of events would be Sona Nyl (base VN), Refrain (cuz certain things), Dream Wandering, WN, and then Hypnos' Evil Eye.

Minus ofc the short stories from Liarsoft magazines but they're very minor stories. These ones are major ones, however owo.

Mmm, got some real juicy stuff to work with here from Sona Nyl. Gonna lay it out here for what we're soon to have eventually.

This is just from the VN alone.

*As Mycroft said, the Critters A summon are, in fact, based/derived from the toys Alan gave to Elysia as his gift before leaving to NY. And they, too, also have springs on their back (per glossary of Engine Dictionary and in-game) just like Critters as well as being said to be composed of steel in a matter like Inganock's Kikai.

*A's Critters are formed through his shadow or are shadows that hide within his until they're summoned to fight, able to pretty much take on various phenomenon attacks from the Angels/Messengers. Not only that, they're strong enough to be the only thing stated to be able to kill the Messengers.

*The Angels/Messengers of Sona Nyl (Underground World, not to confuse with K'un Lun) are numbered in 7 of them, all of whom are Cracking Beings who got the basic stuff shared with Critters, Meta-Critters, and Kikai (ex. being unphased by bullets and other conventional weapon attacks, having intangible bodies, etc.) and also have their own unique attack ability on top of sharing the same mind hax Redgrave showed. One can kill by using space to crush people and things, another can kill by flames, third through wind, fourth through shadows, and so on. Technically there's only 6 Angels, but the reason there's 7 of them is cuz the final one is a fusion of all of the first 6 Angels, and this 7th one not only has access to all of the first 6 Angels powers, it's also got city wide range effect as it covered all of NY to kill anyone that somehow managed to survive the other Angels attacks.

*Jaguarman, this one black jaguar dude, can harm A's Critters despite said Critters being able to fend off/endure attacks from the Messengers, so dude's wild as hell.
*As can be already assumed and taken as fact by now, Edison is the very source of Cracking Effect, calling it his "gift" to humanity which he at least granted to some others either directly or otherwise such as Archduke Astaire, the Society, and the Foundation (basically the Society but in USA. Entirely separate group as I came to learn tho, so they're not related). And of course, he's the guy who ran the very first Cracking Effect Experiment in either worlds of Earth or Kadath.

*Speeds...kinda vague to me, but there's statements thrown around about the Critters being able to rush and attack at "lightning speed". I've seen "bolt of lightning" (thunder in the JP script) used to describe their speed, and the Critters are also said to have their speed as being "literally impossible". For all IK, this can be like with Inganock but this is done multiple times so you can take it for how it is or whatnot.

*Lily's Witch Form, the Rose Witch, also got a similar situation with Critters except hers is going "like a flash of light". Again, similar scenario as it's just statements but it's likely to be taken literal as A states that Lily's "Power of Gold" (the Rose Witch form) can only be used for a second or even less, meaning Lily has to be extremely fast (while in Rose Witch form) for her to use her Golden Power and take down the Angels.

*Edison/Tick Tock Man has some weird dimension thing or whatever at his Trevor Tower in Sona Nyl with all of the clock motifs, Oblivion Golden Eye, and the weird spiral staircase thing. DK what it does but it's something he watches from to oversee all of Sona Nyl. Also, his Mega Engine Clock has several functions. Originally it was meant to "end the world" as Edison puts it, but it has more that he can use it for like resetting the world. The latter example is what was used by him to reset the world and plot of Sona Nyl just so he can see if Lily and Elysia's respective journeys changed or not. And the world ending function is what we saw in Karashrer and while its own thing, it's something we can use to scale over to the main series on what the MEC can do.

*Speeds...kinda vague to me, but there's statements thrown around about the Critters being able to rush and attack at "lightning speed". I've seen "bolt of lightning" (thunder in the JP script) used to describe their speed, and the Critters are also said to have their speed as being "literally impossible". For all IK, this can be like with Inganock but this is done multiple times so you can take it for how it is or whatnot.
The attack speed of A's Critters is described by Sakurai as being faster than a beam of light. Umm, FTL feat? It's quite vague.

We have some at least lightning feats with Antlion who is stated to go like a bolt of lightning.
20240125014532_1.jpg

Lily not only has the power of gold but she is far stronger than the witch of the west (who btw said she can somewhat make her own laws due to Edision granting it to her by understanding the laws of the underworld. The canticle seems to be the cracking effect).
20240126010618_1.jpg

20240126010500_1.jpg

20240126010502_1.jpg

20240126010504_1.jpg

20240126010523_1.jpg

20240126010531_1.jpg

20240126010540_1.jpg

In turn the cracking affect can do things to the laws of the world so not just physics in reality.
20240126015124_1.jpg

20240126015111_1.jpg

20240126015137_1.jpg

20240126021527_1.jpg

20240126021529_1.jpg

20240126021544_1.jpg

20240126021553_1.jpg

20240126021613_1.jpg

20240126021622_1.jpg

20240126021721_1.jpg

20240126021724_1.jpg

20240126021827_1.jpg

Another thing Jeruha can force Lily to stand still and bind her with words alone but Lily could break out of it (though she was in a trance so she didn't fully realize she used Scarecrow to erase Shoggoth (The 6th angel).

In the last chapter. Now I want to punch a moon.

I think we found something interesting.
Ability: Shadow Forming ...Speed A, Accuracy A, Defense A.

Ability: Critter Summoning ...Speed A-S, Accuracy A, Defense S.
It was written by Adam Weishaupt. A record of the Society, an examination of the performance of A.

With a bolt of lightning and a beam of light here, the stats might look like this.

Speed:
  • A: Lightning speed.
  • S: FTL speed.

I think we found something interesting.
It was written by Adam Weishaupt. A record of the Society, an examination of the performance of A.

With a bolt of lightning and a beam of light here, the stats might look like this.

Speed:
  • A: Lightning speed.
  • S: FTL speed.
The only instance of in-universe stat making owo.

Haven't seen any other instance of usage on this though. But A's ability having such high stats make them really impressive, and they ARE made by a Top Exec of the Society, so their word can be made.

Just realized this, but you guys are aware that the Amaterasu translations site is down for years, yeah? The people who did the Sharnoth and Inganock TL's.

Just realized also that they did the WN's but since it got taken down, it went down with it.

Luckily it's been archived so it's not completely lost, thankfully.

Putting it here in case anyone doesn't have the link or didn't bookmark it or whatnot.

Link for the WN collection.

Just realized this, but you guys are aware that the Amaterasu translations site is down for years, yeah? The people who did the Sharnoth and Inganock TL's.

Just realized also that they did the WN's but since it got taken down, it went down with it.

Luckily it's been archived so it's not completely lost, thankfully.

Putting it here in case anyone doesn't have the link or didn't bookmark it or whatnot.

Link for the WN collection.
They were absolute chads for doing so much in such a short timeframe.

By my estimates, i should be done with Gahkthun either sometime this weekend or during next week, so i think a CRT could be coming next weekend, but will see how it goes.

First CRT will just be abilities, and other stuff like speed maybe, 2nd one will probably happen after i read that Inganock side story, which talks about critters being information etc, and then finally ap, hopefully the calcs are accepted by then.

There are a few crater feats, but no visuals, so idk if those are even usuable.....

They were absolute chads for doing so much in such a short timeframe.
Thing was I was considering having this put on my blog but didn't really know if it was remotely okay since, aside from being an archived link, it's not even my translation...

I can still put a forewarning or note on it just for the sake of extra content to read but still...

On chapter 9 now, at this point feeling pretty good i can finish this weekend, but that's it for today.

Tesla's stamina confuses me, his lightning is infinite/inexhaustible, but he does get tired, and does need to recharge, so idk how to take that.

The Nightingale hype is kinda crazy, also interesting/make sense Wilhelm never went after her, cause he would have gotten stomped, never really paid attention before, but she is pretty versatile and op.

Back