• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Started reading the Gahkthun side stories, that's all I got left to go through.

Made a good bit of progress on the Cracking Being page too, will work on it some more tomorrow.

Noice.

I don't have any more else on there except the other outside mats and side stories, and Karshrer is like half done at best which I plan to get out of the way this month.

A thought just occurred to me while editing the Cracking Being page, the residents of the Underground are already dead, thus can't die permanently, they just get rewound/regenerate, but parts of their body get turn to metal.

Messengers hunt them down on a cycle, whether that's every night, or month, they get killed and rewound, they would necessarily have to be destroyed metaphysically/conceptually, and yet just come back, I am thinking high godly regen for them?

Lily might be even more busted if so, since Edison was surprised she came back after being erased :unsure:

What chapter is that from, so I can add it?

There was a similar statement in the Gahkthun Glossary about how Arts disobey the laws of physics, something like that, basically, Cracking and Cracking Beings should have resistance to physics manipulation.

Cracking Being Physiology is coming along nicely, just have to add Underground Resident now, and maybe tweak few things.

Speaking of that i was thinking about the 5th Messenger how it's ability is conceptual severing, meanwhile every Messenger has metaphysical destruction, my thoughts turned to thinking that maybe metaphysical destruction=existence erasure, not concept destruction, because we know every Messenger has metaphysical destruction, for the fifth one to have it as it's special ability would then be weird...

I then got to thinking about what Messengers are, laws which shape the Underground, to such an extent their deaths destroy it. Clearly type 2 concepts, and we know they also manipulate the laws of the Underground, which would have to be type 2 concepts, so came to the conclusion, the fifth Messengers just has greater concept hax.

Chapter 12, specifically when Gii finally caught up to Grimm Grimm jacking Kia away. Pretty much near the end after Gii just finished his fight with Kerkan and Thoth.

Probably so. The Messenger of Blades is like the only one I'm aware of that got stated to do that while everyone else sans the 7th, which is pretty much a composite Messenger, is more metaphysical due to the way their abilities work and are described as such.

Funny to even mention that as I recall Douglas mentions Broadway, and that's where the 5th Messenger attacked...kid's mysterious survival is just damn crazy~

Lily can only deal damage to Tick Tock Man's incarnation, not even killing him 🤔.

The first time Lily shot Edison, he simply disappeared, unaffected by the shot. At an unknown time (Refrain version), when combined with A, Lily was able to create a wound on Edison's face.
Yeah though the OG i was kinda confused as the lines are the same tbf but I guess he rewinded after a certain point but A-chan (that's what I'm calling Azzy from now on since apparently its a little girl) adding more fuel to the fire and with A, Edison's face was shown in hypnos's bar to have gears seemingly cuz of the damage I guess.
Lily the Busted Loli who was only days old and managed to give the evil time god the middle finger and a gun flick owo.

Also, I looked on my old Critter Physiology page and I actually got the scan that tells how they (even the fodder Monsters) are beings born from Cracking and whose very presence as things that should not exist basically upset physics.

DK if it means much except something for physics but yeah.
at the end of the day she's only like maybe a few weeks tops but was the witch of roses who is already the most broken sans edison. Then A-chan happened.

Went through some more Gahkthun sidestories.

Combined with the Sona-Nyl ones, somehow Al Capone has gotten more hyped up...

How did he know what was gonna happen to NY?

Went through some more Gahkthun sidestories.

Combined with the Sona-Nyl ones, somehow Al Capone has gotten more hyped up...

How did he know what was gonna happen to NY?
Also the other side mat of Steampunk World Guide too. There's a lot more characters Sakurai made that hasn't ever made it to the big picture of the main series yet xD.

Heck, even the Society too. There's some members we got that have (C=G Byron, a member of Society who was main antag of Celenaria, Hilde and Charles, Steel Princess and Machine Lord in Valusia, M for Sharnoth technically as is Baron, and naturally ofc Rosenkreuz of Gahkthun), but the side mats like the WN and whatnot we had more members who didn't get to show up in art like Adam Weishaupt, Fredrick Nieztsche, and Aleister Crowley lol.

As for Capone, probably a lot of connections he had that let him knew that NY was going to go up in "smokes". I would think with how influential he was as he is IRL, Capone probably just had an idea from someone or any source to just leave NY or not even go there at all, which would still make sense of him getting rid of his gang rivals without having to actually do anything.

Reading the Gahkthun sidestories after actually seeing Sona-Nyl makes the Douglas portions much better.

Also Gahkthun portions have been definitely the most fun so far, as I said Sona-Nyl to me felt disjointed and random almost, Inganock was cool, Sharnoth was intriguing.

Definitely. It also makes Douglas's situation as NY's only survivor that much bleaker. I can't find it now, but I remember reading on Twitter that Jin stated that Fu Manchu helped save Douglas but why and what for isn't clear, but it's possible to use him as an extension of his "vengeance".

I find Sharnoth's and Inganock's to be clear enough of when and what is happening at times. Sona Nyl's is very disorganized and all over the place, and the thing is that's how it's set up too both for the VN and the Engine Dictionary. Gahkthun's also that but I find it pretty tame ish and easier to follow.

Definitely. It also makes Douglas's situation as NY's only survivor that much bleaker. I can't find it now, but I remember reading on Twitter that Jin stated that Fu Manchu helped save Douglas but why and what for isn't clear, but it's possible to use him as an extension of his "vengeance".

I find Sharnoth's and Inganock's to be clear enough of when and what is happening at times. Sona Nyl's is very disorganized and all over the place, and the thing is that's how it's set up too both for the VN and the Engine Dictionary. Gahkthun's also that but I find it pretty tame ish and easier to follow.
Tbf its the origin of cracking and how Edison made the world in a sense more chaotic by both screwing other experiments or leaving a lot of problems down the line.

I do want to see the other society members like Thoth and Nieztsche just to see what wacky things they would do. Though speaking of that, what is Tyhhria even about exactly? Has anyone seen it? I just know Tesla went to Japan afaik so its a prequel but that's it.

All I know is again Edison was behind events there, and that it involves a mask, which drives people crazy?

Tbf its the origin of cracking and how Edison made the world in a sense more chaotic by both screwing other experiments or leaving a lot of problems down the line.

I do want to see the other society members like Thoth and Nieztsche just to see what wacky things they would do. Though speaking of that, what is Tyhhria even about exactly? Has anyone seen it? I just know Tesla went to Japan afaik so its a prequel but that's it.
Pretty much, yeah.

Same.

Basically Japan in the year leading up to their sky also going dark. Takes place in the 3rd year of the Bunkyuu Era (1861-1864) so it's in 1863, nearly 40 years before even Celenaria started in 1902. The summary of the plot is something about a guy being given an order to transport some package only to find some petite blonde girl as the package...and then some shit happens, and supposedly from another forum, Tick Tock Man had something to do with how Tyrhhia even happened but I never found out why as the peeps who brought it up didn't go into detail.

DK anything else beyond that and theysay's. Kinda an interesting setting to go for, and one that isn't set in the time period as the others (time-wise, not necessarily same place). I'd still prefer wanting Valusia and Celenaria before we get back to Tyrhhia though...still waiting for Mangagamer to announce another liarsoft license title for WAB. I recall they answered a commenter on Twitter that they can't disclose anything in regards to Liarsoft's potential for more licensed products so there's no telling when we'll get anymore out of WAB until they make another announcement which at least be in this year at some point.

On another note, only side story I have left is Karashrer, so making good progress.

Probably start working on drafts for Sona-Nyl profiles tomorrow, Cracking Being Physiology is almost done too.

Will probably just add CyberZombies to it later at some point, after the page is posted.

On another note, only side story I have left is Karashrer, so making good progress.

Probably start working on drafts for Sona-Nyl profiles tomorrow, Cracking Being Physiology is almost done too.

Will probably just add CyberZombies to it later at some point, after the page is posted.
Eh probably wait on that until I finish the story first. It's only up to Chp 2 ^^;

Edit: I also wouldn't really bother to add Cyber Zombies to the list of Cracking Beings. They're just machines with the conscious of human beings that just so happen to have Tick Tock Man's blessing to ignore some laws of physics/physics stuff. They're not made from Cracking.

Last edited:
Couldn't wait had to get started on the Edison profile. The other Sona-Nyl profiles require calcs, while Edison is good to go.

Going to work on it some more, maybe tomorrow I will again post another CRT, focused on M and Edison, we will see.

Read the Sharnoth Web Novels to see if anything there would affect my CRT, there wasn't anything.

But it did confirm something which was brought up in Sharnoth, that being M is playing a role, essentially nerfing himself, that's what the Kruschtya Equation is for.

All the Society shenanigans though, just made me want to see these guys in a VN like Leo and Adam.

Yeah, the WN didn't really add anything too much except just cameos of chars from other works, mentions of locations, and so on.

But yeah, the Kruschtya Equation(?) M made is pretty much a self imposed nerf on himself. It makes sense considering what this guy probably looks like when he had his seggs session with Moran, and we know that he has manifestations that are planet to galaxy sized, a few of the latter even chilling and sleeping in his Sharnoth.

Same. Adam's yet to make a full on appearance, but we do meet with Leo in Valusia and technically an evil ver of him in Celaphis (however little we got of that one). Really waiting and hoping for Mangagamer to pull through with another WAB title and not have to wait nearly a decade for it 😭

My brain hurts, been thinking about M and Edison's tiering.

Atm I was finding Edison being tier 1 iffy based on trivializing the Underground, since after looking into things, I think it's a major leap in logic to assume it is universal size, so those feats are just 4-D.

Then I got back to thinking about M, and came to think maybe he, and subsequently Edison are indeed Low 1-C. M imo is the infinite darkness that is beyond the time and space, beyond the infinity of infinite universes, in fact that infinite number of universe, is merely a part of him.

Whether or not that is Low 1-C, idk, need some tier 1 experts to evaluate, will post the thread after eating.

Last edited:
Just got done with some TL's on the side.

Especially this for the chronology. It's not really the whole thing, just stuff as it's said from one of the books but it's really about the same as it was shown in another mat for Steampunk's general known chronology other than a few other things added, with the year leading up to 1909.

Other than that, it's got a sequence of events that sound like they could have been its own story if you think about it.

Going through the Inganock Web Novel now.

Clock Crack Chrome went from the 8th tier to 1st tier in a second, he truly lives up to being lightning fast, that's like a Mach 1200+ feat

Done with Inganock Web Novels.

Randolph goal of the Silver Key, is the key to the Bar, interesting how supposedly "madmen" are the ones closest to the truth.

Golden Eyes seemingly can be regained even if time is reversed to before their user got them, all the user need is some sort of trigger, like seeing someone they knew in the past.

Ati also got her memories back by touching Porshion, the very person/thing, which took her memories.

Short stories like the webnovels and fanclub magazines is so great since you get more additional story content about what each char has done or is going through, plus finding new stuff that could really change things based on that characters development like what happens to Ati post Inganock isolation or seeing more of what Lily and Elysia are up to following NY/Edison.

Speaking of Lily, was working on her profile and realized how hard to kill she is, not only did she come back after being erased, after driving Edison away and vanishing with everything else, the memories of the now non-existent underground residents brought her back, cause Lily can't die as long as she is remembered, just as she remembers them, their memory of her, lets her come back.

So even supposing you could get pass her regeneration, and completely erase her, she just comes back due to non-existence memories...

Ah, that one. That's one of my fave moments about Lily and Elysia's character and journey.

Just as Elysia got to hear Alan's last words he managed to record for her to take, Lily not only managed to become her "own person" (signified as often being called the first "Independent Cracking Being") but even retained the memory of the people who were lost during the Great Disappearance. The idea that even if they didn't exist, the fact that they did in her eyes meant they will never die (disappear) completely so long as someone remembers them.

Funny though that memories and remembering someone seems to be as important of a concept and theme in Steampunk Series as it is simply lending a hand out to help someone...

Memories and Determination are probably the biggest themes.

And yes that scene was great, it's always a struggle of ideals in Steampunck, Gii vs Kerkan, one wants to save, the other destroy, actually scratch that, Inganock is such a messed up city, that Kerkan believes the only salvation that can be found is in death.

Charlie vs Mary, one wants an eternal today with just each other, the other wants a tomorrow with everyone, Lily vs Edison, one sees everything as pointless and without value, the other sees value in what she has experienced, even if those experiences weren't real.

Definitely.

It's such an interesting contrast.

A Doctor who tries to save lives even if it may be pointless vs a Killer who sees no other way of saving anyone except in death. One who denies tomorrow while the other marches on forward. One finds everything to be pointless and meaningless, the other finds purpose and values even that which doesn't exist.

The one with Tesla vs Rosenkreuz, I'm having trouble to imagine seeing but I guess it could be something on the value of what is truly "radiant"?

I saw Lily's profile in the sandbox and I want to suggest some things.

First I think Lily in the Witch of Rose should be higher as the 7th messenger DID screw all of NY as the survivors eventually vanished cuz of it. So it should be higher.

Not really sure about dream walking would be classified as and she should have immortality type 3 for her regen.

Edit: I also forgot because of her "world" she can iirc summon ppl from her memory as they are part of her "world".

Last edited:
Kinda curious what The A's profile will look like.

AFAIK, he definitely should have two keys. One for Sona Nyl VN, and another for post VN since the main difference is his shadow Critters, the three we saw and the one made out of M's Jet Black, Howler in Darkness.

Somehow missed the Sonido sidestory, so read that along with What a Beautiful Apocalypsis.

Only thing left is Karashrer, I think. So much extra material out, they could be their own VN's.

Really could have lol. Their own VN's, LN's, anything.

I'm still waiting for those doujins I bought to come on over so I can through them and see what "content" I could look at, especially the doujin short stories Sakurai for them.

Ok, finished all the edits for Cracking Being Physiology, making good progress.

I suppose next is the side stories CRT.

Once all is said and done for Sona Nyl like calcs, probably a couple things that need to be discussed here, before posting the profiles.

Though I probably should put some effort into getting staff to look at the M CRT now, kinda need that for Edison.

The side stories I still have, I'll have to work on sooner or later. Especially the Sona Nyl one cuz it just gets even more wacky with anything even remotely related to Lily lol.

But more story content is a plus, that and I have some more time now finally so I should be able to work on Karashrer's last bits by the end of this month if not into April.

I'd say the one I'm looking forward to besides the thing with Lily is that one doujin story of Paracelsus meeting with Tick Tock Man and conjuring up what would be the inspiration for Tick Tock Man creating the Cracking Effect.

Feels like either it's a prototype to Cracking or it is Cracking but Edison just simply perfected using his own "divine power".

Hopefully I get my doujin order for them tomorrow or early next week like Monday.

Back