• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Qliphoth, can you translate this text? And here is the source of these scans.
...Okay, I did this just not too long ago...and my internet had to lag on me that I thought I was double posting. Had to delete them but ended up deleting my original comment. SOAB...

Anywho, let's try again:

What is a Critter?
They are a fantastical existence that brings about disaster-scale destruction and massacre in the Steampunk World.

They are invulnerable to all physical interference and possess a variety of special abilities, with some possessing very high intellect.

A total of 41 Critters manifested in the city of Inganock with forms and names imitating that of dragons and other illusions.

The Phenomenon Equation (Cracking Effect) has the power to rewrite the world through cognition and thought.
It can heal many illnesses and even unleash destructive power surpassing firearms.
It's said that, by understanding a certain special equation, one can rewrite reality.

This power, which had even been mistaken for magic is not known in many parts of the Steampunk World with the exception of the enclosed fantasy city of Inganock, where it is known as a "rare and unique technique only those with mutated brains can use".

Kikai--
The last remaining fairy in the distorted city of Inganock.
They are 41 fantasies clad in armor, wielding tremendous power that surpasses heavy machinery weapons and even the Phenomenon Equation.

They are said to bring about "beautiful things" to people.
Gii is someone who has one of them, "Porshion" appear behind him.

...Okay, I did this just not too long ago...and my internet had to lag on me that I thought I was double posting. Had to delete them but ended up deleting my original comment. SOAB...

Anywho, let's try again:

What is a Critter?
They are a fantastical existence that brings about disaster-scale destruction and massacre in the Steampunk World.

They are invulnerable to all physical interference and possess a variety of special abilities, with some possessing very high intellect.

A total of 41 Critters manifested in the city of Inganock with forms and names imitating that of dragons and other illusions.

The Phenomenon Equation (Cracking Effect) has the power to rewrite the world through cognition and thought.
It can heal many illnesses and even unleash destructive power surpassing firearms.
It's said that, by understanding a certain special equation, one can rewrite reality.

This power, which had even been mistaken for magic is not known in many parts of the Steampunk World with the exception of the enclosed fantasy city of Inganock, where it is known as a "rare and unique technique only those with mutated brains can use".

Kikai--
The last remaining fairy in the distorted city of Inganock.
They are 41 fantasies clad in armor, wielding tremendous power that surpasses heavy machinery weapons and even the Phenomenon Equation.

They are said to bring about "beautiful things" to people.
Gii is someone who has one of them, "Porshion" appear behind him.
Thank you, Qliphoth.

With this and Pegasus's future revision of Gahkthun, Cracking Equation will have Mathematics Manipulation, Law Manipulation, Physics Manipulation, Reality Warping / Subjective Reality, Information Manipulation (Type 2). Critters and Kikai will be even more broken as they are resistant to all effects of the Cracking Equation and even have the power to overcome it. Ehm, and maybe the Golden King? His Crimson Eyes are an Art, you know...

Last edited:
Critters power is stated to be similar to Cracking, so not only are they are resistant to it, they also have the same ability.

You literally can't resist anything they do without resistance to all that nonsense....

As for Golden King what he granted to the council seemed kinda limited, while his own Cracking/Crimson Eyes treated a Critter like trash.

Still trying to get my issues sorted out.

Not worrying about it for now, original plan was to finish Sharnoth and Gahkthun anyway.

Speaking of Sharnoth, amazing how much attention I am paying when there are no minigames, almost like the first read through I turned my brain off, and then at the end the big reveal of what was going on came out of nowhere, but no the end game/goals of the metacritters, M, The Society etc was all there from the early chapters.

And yeah, Cracking is just deadass everywhere in this series if you think about it lol.

Special equation that lets you rewrite the world/reality by doing hard math? Cracking.

Special prosthetics/implants that give you strengthened body and mind? Cracking.

Monsters and other fantasy illusions resembling those from fairy tales and myths that kill people? Also Cracking.

Even in Karashrer, Kyrie's laser beam and sword thing they do? That's also Cracking xD

And especially the Crimson/Red Eyes the members of the Society use like Golden King:

真紅の瞳/赫眼 
結社《西インド会社》を統べる最高幹部たちの有する不気味な瞳。
永続的な活動(生物であれば生命活動か)をもたらすための特殊な《数式》を埋め込んだ場合、その人間の瞳は赤色に染まり、ともすれば夜闇に潜むおとぎ話の怪物のように、暗がりで輝くという。

Eyes of Crimson/Red Eyes
The eerie eyes of the Top Executives of the West India Company.
By implanting a special Equation to bring about permanent activity (life activity if it were a living thing), the human eyes are turn red which resembles a monster lurking in the darkness of night, said to shine in the night.

Source - Valusia Blog General Steampunk Setting Glossary.

--That too is Cracking owo.

You just reminded me of the broken eye powers, like that one girl from Valusia who can stop time and other stuff, was it turn things to salt?

It all being cracking makes them so much more broken.

You just reminded me of the broken eye powers, like that one girl from Valusia who can stop time and other stuff, was it turn things to salt?

It all being cracking makes them so much more broken.
Oh, you're talkign about Hilde Rome d-Arc. Yeah, she's got something like that I believe. I don't remember how it goes anymore, but I remember it was brought up here a couple times before.

But even without that, she still has Red Eyes like all other Top Executives possess but hers outright freezes mind and matter. At least I think that's done through her eyes too, but she also does it through her Chrome Body mech here.

《機怪》デフェクシオン
触(脱却)の名を冠する巨大機関人形。クローム体。
細身で鋭角的な巨人であり、どこか女性的。
ドレスを纏った人形のようにも見えるが、病的なまでに細い。
本来は、心理的感染によって人を人たらしめる心理的傾向と機能を解体され破壊された者の精神を洗浄するために《結社》によって作成された。
攻撃方法は、精神と物質を同時に停止させ氷結させる視線。

宿主:??
サイズ:3m~30m以上(可変)
能力:巨大、装甲、高速機動
  :守護(宿主を守る)
  :《許されざる呪詛の眼光》

Kikai Defexion
A giant machine doll bearing the name of Touch (Liberation), a Chrome Body.
It's a slender giant with sharp edges and somewhat feminine.
It looks as though it's wearing a dress but it is morbidly thin.
Originally, it was created by the Society to cleanse the minds of those who psychological tendencies that make them human have been broken down and destroyed due to psychological infections.
It's attack method is a gaze that freezes mind and matter simultaneously.

Host: ??
Size: 3 meters to 30 meters or more (Variable)
Abilities: Giant, Armored, Fast mobility
: Protection (Protects the host)
: Gaze of Unforgivable Curse

Source: Valusia's Setting Glossary

But yeah, I just know that Hilde's got Red eyes too by looking at her official character art and looking up basic info of her char.

In addition, Hilde has incredible stealth skills, Tesla noting that she is one of the few who is able to approach him despite his "sensory field".
Her fire, capable of distorting space-time, is the embodiment of the "fire of Rouen", in which she (as Jeanne) was burned, as stated in one of the fandiscs

In Valusia it was noted that “demons” (majin, bearers of red eyes) are some kind of intangible embodiment of destruction, or something like that (I remember how this line sounds in the Russian translation, but I don’t remember the original Jap line well).
Carberti dealt damage to them using the Sirius Starblade, which consists of special Fermi-particles and does not harm ordinary people, affecting only "demons".

And, of course, hello again everyone. I am very glad that interest in this series has resurfaced and the Steampunk thread has received a new incarnation : )

Since Valusia unfortunately hasn't been translated into English yet, I could tell about the notable metaphysics/power level/etc moments from there if anyone is interested.

Yo yo~

And hot damn, that makes Hilde a justified top executive there lol.

Also in that sense, Cracking being able to do all of this is broken just off of info from Sekien.

Then you got Critters who were not only formed from Cracking, they also have abilities similar to it AND are resistant to it.

THEN you got Kikai who can do the same thing and then some, on top of just having power surpassing it to the point of being able to kill Critters.

If that's not broken shit, I don't know what is and this is still not even God Tier stuff either I imagine. This is done by characters from the low to mid tiers, if not to high tier owo.

Kikai have to be divided into first, middle, and end stage.

First being like Zahak, and Johan, middle being Pre-Evolved Porshion and end being Evolved Porshion, Thoth.

Different stages have different resistances.So it would be listed on the profiles as like "Kikai Physiology (Middle Stage)"

Also probably have to mention that each kikai has a possibility of suffering, that’s their power, only Porshion has two.

Will point out other stuff as it comes to me.

Last edited:
Kikai have to be divided into first, middle, and end stage.

First being like Zahak, and Johan, middle being Pre-Evolved Porshion and end being Evolved Porshion, Thoth.

Different stages have different resistances.So it would be listed on the profiles as like "Kikai Physiology (Middle Stage)"

Also probably have to mention that each kikai has a possibility of suffering, that’s their power, only Porshion has two.

Will point out other stuff as it comes to me.
True, true.

I actually forget that Kikai have multiple stages ^^;

This is true though, as the Sekien Official Website keyword also described them having an "early" and "middle stage" too like the VN I believe.

《奇械》
10年前の《復活》の日より現れた、鋼鉄の鎧に身を包んだ、影の如き異形たち。その存在は“おとぎ話”としてのみ、インガノックの人々に伝えられている。公式には実在しないとアナウンスされている。
《美しいもの》を人にもたらすというが、理由は不明。謎に包まれた存在である。
また、彼らは死ぬことがない。宿主が死ねば、道化師グリム=グリムの導きによって、また別の宿主と結びつくだろう。
  ・総数は常に41体
  ・目に特徴がある
   初期~中期のものは「両目を閉じている」「片目を開けている」「ひとつ目」等
   開いた両目を持つ《奇械》は、終期型のみ
  ・宿主とコードが繋がっている
  ・終期になると「口」が形成され、慟哭をあげる
  ・安らぐ歌を好む

Kikai
Shadow-like fantasy creatures clad in steel armor that appeared on the day of the Revival ten years ago. Their existence is only told by the people of Inganock as a "fairy tale". Officially, they are stated to not exist.
It is said that they bring about Beautiful Things to people, but the truth is unknown. They are an existence veiled in mystery.
Additionally, they cannot die. If their host dies, they will unite with another host under the guidance of the clown, Grimm-Grimm.
  • The total number is always 41
  • Their eyes are distinctive
  • From the early to middle stages, "both eyes are shut", "an eye is opened", "a single eye", etc.
  • The final stage is a Kikai with both eyes opened
  • A cord is connected to their host
  • On the final stage, a "mouth is formed" and a child cries out
  • They like soothing songs

Source: Inganock official website keyword

There is also the thread that connects the host and kikai, said thread is made of a part of the kikai, so destroying the thread is impossible for humans.

As far as I can tell it's basically like the kikai users are wearing their kikai like armor.

Either that's a Porshion thing, or Kikai can kill each other so thoroughly that even the souls and stuff of their past hosts are killed with them owo

Probably a middle stage kikai thing, as I think Kerkan could probably do it too seeing his whole ability is about killing things, though it's not confirmed.

Probably a middle stage kikai thing, as I think Kerkan could probably do it too seeing his whole ability is about killing things, though it's not confirmed.
Seem's about right. Wasn't this what happened when Porshion was still pre upgraded or something? That'd be a pretty hefty boost.

And I think that was also around the time Gii met Kerkan for the first time, and Gii wasn't sure if summoning Porshion would have done anything.

Could be a possible as I think if they had properly duke it out then, Kerkan might have actually do them in. Only a possible at best for pre upgrade Xerxes if being generous, IDK.

Last edited:
Grimm=Grimm also has those abilities because its black blades are similar to Kikai and they can even damage Evolved Porshion.

Edit: Uhm, has anyone here bought Steampunk Engine Dictionary yet? I really want to know what's inside it.

Last edited:
I think Information should be Type 2 Concept in the verse IF there is sufficient evidence or implication that everything including (but not limited to) reality, powers, mind, soul, memories, illusions, etc are all made of information.

Grimm=Grimm also has those abilities because its black blades are similar to Kikai and they can even damage Evolved Porshion.

Edit: Uhm, has anyone here bought Steampunk Engine Dictionary yet? I really want to know what's inside it.
I bought that book last year, actually. Really juicy stuff with Sona Nyl as per usual owo.

Like I at least completed the short story that's in there.

It's also, to my knowledge and founding, supposed to be like after the VN but before the WN and also that one Refrain bonus story "Eye of Hypnos".

It's also the story where we get A's new Critter, "Howler in Darkness".

Pretty interesting story plus a bonus section we got concerning M and Edison (Black King Nyar and Moon King Nyar) too but those are very spoilery which is why I still haven't posted any of it even now.

I think Information should be Type 2 Concept in the verse IF there is sufficient evidence or implication that everything including (but not limited to) reality, powers, mind, soul, memories, illusions, etc are all made of information.
It seems more like Type 2 Information, Gahkthun has scan to support this.

Like I at least completed the short story that's in there.

It's also, to my knowledge and founding, supposed to be like after the VN but before the WN and also that one Refrain bonus story "Eye of Hypnos".

It's also the story where we get A's new Critter, "Howler in Darkness".

Pretty interesting story plus a bonus section we got concerning M and Edison (Black King Nyar and Moon King Nyar) too but those are very spoilery which is why I still haven't posted any of it even now.
I'm looking forward to it.

I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah, you'll want to wait it out until you complete Sona Nyl.

Granted I can start posting the Sona Nyl stuff now or even next week, but I'd just start to add a "Spoilers ahead. Please finish reading the visual novel of Sona Nyl before proceeding to read these side/bonus stories" or something on my blog just to warn people not to go too far ahead.

Can you make a CRT by compiling all the Info related stuff in one place to prove Info Type 2 composing everything in reality and thus, will be CM Type 2? Would be appreciated and it could lead to many new stuff for others.
They have a point.

@Mycroft_er If you can pile up all of your info regarding Cracking and stuff about this into a CRT, it'd help to better justify their haxiness ability range.

Celestial's already doing the main story stuff and I got minor stuff on revisions being done or try to.

Last edited:
I will compile everything related to Info in verse and post it here for everyone to check out first. Hopefully it will be included in Pegasus's CRT about Gahkthun cuz I don't have too much free time at the moment 🗿
And maybe a quick scaling chain about Cracking will also be posted here.

I will compile everything related to Info in verse and post it here for everyone to check out first. Hopefully it will be included in Pegasus's CRT about Gahkthun cuz I don't have too much free time at the moment 🗿
And maybe a quick scaling chain about Cracking will also be posted here.
Kinda depends on his own pace cuz I got no clue when that'll happen.

Although it's probable to get a Cracking page made too than a page for Critter and Kikai physiology cuz of how much that's related owo.

I was already going to add type 2 Info manipulation with my gahkthun revision, but again if you guys want to take care of it, go ahead

@Mycroft_er already posted one of the scans I would have used, this one here is also useful, says the same sort of thing, that numbers make up the world.

Info Type 2 + CM Type 2 making up the world is fine and dandy but what about stuff like Shadows, Illusions, Possibilities, etc? Are they also formed by Info Type 2 + CM Type 2? Iirc, they're already nonexistent NEP Type 1 and this would mean that they're still made up by Info Type 2 + CM Type 2. So beings like M and Edison would have NEP Type 2 if they're completely devoid of Shadows, Illusions, Possibilities, etc, as they're the Nothingness itself.

Where would type 2 CM come from though?

Edit: I see now, it's from numbers governing reality, kinda weird how both info type 2 and concept Manipulation is tied together, but whatever.

As already recently shown here, Kikai/Critter have an information body, so clearly possibilities are included in Info type 2.

"役2年前に歪んでしまったインガノックに死を撒く41のクリッターの中で唯一、自らを王と名乗ったその個体の名を知らない者は下層のどこにもいない。絶対不死、絶対不可侵の物理的情報体。陸上戦車に用いられる砲をも含むあらゆる重火器も、あらゆる物理をねじ曲げるはずの現象数式も通用しないはずの勇猛なる王、人を喰らう41のクリッターうちの1体、20ヶ月前には都市下層のすべてを覆い尽くして数多の死を撒いた41の大いなる恐怖のひとつ。地下の王。

Of the 41 Critters which scattered death throughout Inganock, which became distorted two years ago, there was not one person who didn't know the name of the one who called themself King. An absolutely immortal, absolutely physically impenetrable information body. All heavy weapons, including artillery used by tanks, and even the Phenomena Equation that could distort the laws of physics were not applicable to one of the 41 Critters that devoured people, of the 41 great terrors that covered all of the city's lower tiers by scattering death 20 months ago. That was the Underground King."

Last edited:
Where would type 2 CM come from though?

As already recently shown here, Kikai/Critter ave an information body, so clearly possibilities are included in Info type 2.
Considering numbers are the essence that makes up everything in reality (including both the physical and the metaphysical) and any changes in them changes the object, I'd say that they'd qualify for Type 2 CM since CM essentially boils down to the manipulation of abstract essence of objects.

Memory is hazy so I don't remember much details on the verse but if that's the case, then charas like Porshion, Xerxes, GK, etc would have Non-Existence Erasure for destroying possibilities where possibilities are NEP type 1. And, charas like M and Edison would be a deeper form of nonexistence aka NEP Type 2 as they're devoid of Info where Info forms both existence and nonexistence.

Well no one has really destroy a kikai's true form from my memory, which is non-existence, their steel forms are just super abstract, it's after they get erased they become nothingness.

I think kikai true form and Grimm would probably be non-existent on a type 2 info level, seeing as their steel forms are information, and their true forms are nothingness.

Well no one has really destroy a kikai's true form from my memory, which is non-existence, their steel forms are just super abstract, it's after they get erased they become nothingness.

I think kikai true form and Grimm would probably be non-existent on a type 2 info level, seeing as their steel forms are information, and their true forms are nothingness.
But do we have any information on the nature of their true form/nothingness? Is it the same as the Nothingness that predates creation aka Nyarlathotep's Darkness?

Whose true form, kikai or M/Edison, in the latter's case yes, M is basically the concept of nothingness, which predates creation.

It's a weird thing where he is a pillar/element of the world, along with time and space being the others, meanwhile his nothingness also transcends time and space...

Whose true form, kikai or M/Edison, in the latter's case yes, M is basically the concept of nothingness, which predates creation.

It's a weird thing where he is a pillar/element of the world, along with time and space being the others, meanwhile his nothingness also transcends time and space...
I meant the true form of Kikai and Grimm.

I don't think it's weird since M is described as a Platonic Abstract being. M, as a concept, exists independent to reality. However, his emanation as the darkness/nothingness in reality is important for the world to exist.

Back