• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars canon: 7-A to High 7-A top tier Jedi & Sith

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
The current top tier Jedi & Sith of the Disney canon are rated at "At least 7-C, likely High 7-A" based on a feat from Vader. Is this feat an outlier? Can't we decide on a more solid rating? Well let us try and settle this now.

Warning: Spoiler warning for the canon Star Wars comics. You have been warned.

Luke causes an ISD to shudder

In Star Wars Issue 25, Luke, in an act of rage, manages to cause the Harbinger, an Imperial II-class star destroyer, to shudder. This even impresses daddy Vader. Now keep in mind that the Munificent-class, which is roughly half the dimensions of the Imperial II-class and much more lightly armoured (skeletal design), can tank High 7-A asteroid impacts without shuddering at all. So this is most impressive.

Yoda plays with a mountai

In Star Wars Issue 26, Yoda goes to a planet in the Vagadarr system, where he finds these gigantic sentient mountains. And by gigantic, I mean gigantic. The blue "stone" that makes up these sentient mountain things is stronger than normal rock. Spearheads made out of this blue stone can actually pierce the other normal rocks on the planet.

In Issue 29, Yoda confronts one of the mountains after it is made to come alive and blocks its hand as it tries to attack him. In Issue 30, he blocks a stomp from it and holds the entire mountain back. He blocks another physical blow from it. He then sends it flying back.

One might be tempted to dismiss this feat by saying that Yoda had help from the Mudhawker kids. But they were merely communicating with the planet to "wake it up" and it's implied that Yoda's "stonepower" (which is what the Vagadarr humans call the Force) is greater than all of theirs combined anyway. Yoda also explicitly states that he will go and deal with the revived mountain alone (the comic highlights the word "alone").

One More Thing

Furthermore, Yoda's own statements and Obi-Wan's narration also imply that the little Grand Master was using only his own power against that thing.

Yoda: Feel the stone. And feel me the stone must.

The comic itself also highlighted the "me" in that sentence. And oh Yoda makes the stone feel him indeed.

Obi-Wan:

One Jedi alone against a living mountain. I almost feel sorry for the mountain.

Every Jedi strives to be one with the Force. To feel it binding you to every part of the world around you. The Jedi who truly does that is capable of anything his mind can imagine. And sometimes even more.

The "damned ground shaking" later on is when Yoda and the Mudhawker kids really began to "wake up" the planet and its original inhabitants (more sentient mountains lay dormant on the planet) and those Mudhawker kids with Yoda's help manage to awaken them.

One More Thing

This was Yoda before the events of Phantom Menace. Yoda at this time holding back a large living mountain made of a substance stronger than normal rock and then hurling it away with telekinesis actually makes sense considering prime Vader's High proton torpedo feat and Luke's shuddering of the Harbinger. I don't need to explain that pre Phantom Menace era Yoda is superior to prime Vader and Luke at this time.

One More Thing

I guess Luke having a High 7-A feat (albeit in a fit of rage and with no control at all) would prove that Vader's proton torpedo feat is not an outlier. Because of course prime Vader is superior to Luke at this time.

Note that I am not pressing for Luke before his training on Dagobah to be upgraded to High 7-A. This was obviously an outlier for him at that time and he clearly did not have control over that power (he can't normally use it in combat at this point). It just gives us an idea of his true potential. I'm just using his feat as an example to show that 7-A to High 7-A level Force Power from top tier Force adepts in canon is a thing.

You should probably inform The Everlasting about this thread.

Okay. Perhaps we should highlight this then. I am extremely mentally tired, so I am not of much help.

Let's wait. @Lina Shields saw this thread and said would do some calcs first. You take it easy. I'll highlight this thread later if needed.

Is there a good image that shows off the entirety of the Mountain, or at least most of it? I can scale the fingers off of Yoda, but I'd need a better picture to scale the entire mountain.

Back