• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode IV The Phantom Lore

You said you self just because some reported it does not make it true well same for those numbers because reality is not on your side. Both the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywlker costed more per movie than a spinoff movie and certainly more than first movie of the three movies. It certainly did not need 50 plus million dollars lkessthan a straw ars pink off movie so they must have costed at least 300 million dollars. Because they would want to spend at lest that much for grand ending. Plus both of those sre main like star wars moives and even The Force Awakens costed 250 million and that movie was short than both of them and lack a final big stand off battle like the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker did, And the Rise of Skywalker was not completed till less than 6 weaks til it was in theaters at lest partially backing up the calms of massive pro production production annd post production hell.

How the hekll I am denbying reailty when realsiticl speeking both the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker would have costed more the Solo a star wars moivres how it that dining reality. Your are doing the exact same thing. Pulling the extremely unreliable numbers of Wikipedia and unnamed source that I cannot reasoble fact check but I should just take you word on that. Calming that budget the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker cost 75 million dollar less and the same amount of a Solo movie. Even though both are main line star wars movies and both were longer. And Rise of Skywalker stoped being made less than 6 weeks because it was released in theaters and how stunning the special visual and real lifeeffects of the last Jedi are. And that it extrmeley unlikely to be made for only 200 million dollars when it was longer than the force weakens and the second movie of the three to be relased. And would have costed 100 million to 75 million less that a than solo movie. the Rose fo Skywlaker would have costed about the same even though both of those 2 moives are longer and one of them was not fully completed and need at least another year to really be done until 6 weeks before in came out.

I am baseing what I think are reasobale numbers because their is on way it help it would havecosted less than the 250 million it took to make The Force Awakens and on way The Last Jedci would have had a smaller budget than a Han Solo movie even though it was longer. and the Rise of Skywalker has massive space battle lightsabre fight and everything else and would have costed more than the Last Jedi to make and you are using Wikipedia numbers witch can be edited to be anything and none of them have to be approved at all. So bost the Force Awakens and the Last Jeid had smaller budgets than a Han Solo movie and that trend continued for the third moive also. is that want you are trying to say because you are very wrong and pulling random sources form you month . Qouting numbers of a website that is a very massive repution of being abused and being able to be editing by anyone with an internet connection on the planet and taking those numbers as cold hard facts.

Even thou very few people think than a Han Solo movie would have gotten a bigger budget per capita than an entire star wars trilogy. How in hell is that Biased thinking. And both the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker were longer movies than the Han Solo moive. It did not Objecivlty loose 75 million dollars because it is 300 million plus 50 percent for the marketing and you have to add another 300 million so that the studio can have a net gain. in Profit. a Total Movies budget is about 2.5 times what it took to make the dam thing in the first place. With marketing and neededing to make a net gain. Than name your sources and tell me the people would made those items so I can look it up fot myself . That is all you have to do not not based you numbers on Wikipedia off all places I know those are illiteracy just Wikipedia numbers you looked up. Buisnessinder said that Solo had a 275 million dollar budget and would have need to gross at least 500 million dollars so it more than 115 million dollar loose 40 million more than you said. https://www.businessinsider.com/sol...ected-to-lose-disney-50-million-report-2018-6 if you want a source here is one

LordWhis said:
Since Mace beat Palps handily and Rey barely did does that mean Mace > Rey ?
People tend to assume that, but Palpatine likely knew Anakin was about to walk into the room. More likely than not, he threw the fight so he could manipulate Anakin into falling to the Dark Side. It was Yoda whom Palpatine attempted to run from. Even then, Palpatine still bested Yoda handily.

Now, the question: Does Rey scale to any Legends character/feats?

Or is she only scalable to the Disney versions?

Cropfist said:
>Does Rey scale to any Legends character/feats?
She doesn't even exist in legends
What about the spinoffs? Like, the comic book feats, some cartoon feats? etc? Added to the movie canon?

With a few exceptions (which are usually obvious when you see them), everything in Star Wars post-Disney buyout is canon to each other. The non-canon stuff tends to be stuff like the Phineas and Ferb crossover and the LEGO stuff, but the comics, cartoons, novels, etc, are canon and fair game.

Jasonsith said:
Now, the question: Does Rey scale to any Legends character/feats?
Or is she only scalable to the Disney versions?
Well, the Mortis Gods exist in both canons; the statement of the Son and Daughter "tearing the fabric of our universe" is still a thing as a result, and Anakin tapping into the Force on Mortis was able to restrain both of them.

I would not consider it a direct scaling, but it might be worth considering since, when she destroyed Palpatine, Anakin was have among those she received aid from.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Both Canon and Legends characters are going to get slapped by the downgrade hammer uwu
Not nearly as hard as you make it out to be.

• 4-B becomes High 4-C
  • 5-B becomes High 6-A
  • 7-A becomes 7-C
  • 7-C becomes like 8-B

@Matt High 7-C also becomes 7-C

Palpatine is still 4-B in Empire tho

@Spino wait what feats are we using for the High 6-A?

Actually now that I think about, wouldn't all the movie-era 4bs remain 4b if we can calc the Sidious rearranging constellations feat ?

Some of High 7-C are going to be Low 7-B while some will be Tier 8. Palpatine's rearranging constellation feat would be High 4-C+ even if we high-ball that he moved every single star in the night sky.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ByAsura/Star_Wars_Revisions

Yet to be evaluated by many people though (Matt says he doubts it is correct, but he has yet to comment yet), and I must admit I'm no expert on Star Wars ships. We are also still calculating feats to see where we should rate them, but they should be approximately Tier 8 to Low 7-C depending on the level of the Force user and up to 7-C for the likes of Vader.

Input on ByAsura's blog would be appreciated of course.

Basically a ton of the old calcs were exaggerated with dodgy assumptions

Also hold up which High 7-C is Low 7-B?

The guy with the 4-B feat, Wutzek, is actually like Tier 3 or 2 and absolutely cannot be scaled from to Sidious. He's stronger than Abeloth.

One Ever and I get to doing the Supernatural Encounters SW revisions the verse will be busted.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Wutzek shouldn't have scaled to Sidious in the first place.
Devoid of further context / lore and with only the comic there as information Wutzek is just the most random thing.

Shadowbokunohero said:
we also have the High 7-C Luke calc
The one where he shakes the peak?

Disney Luke even at his peak is kinda weak and does not scale to the top tiers like Palpatine or even Mace, sadly.

I mean sure but then you get that Luke at his peak was more or less equal with Snoke who was weaker than decrepit old Palpatine.

I'd actually say Luke was above Snoke

He mentions Luke messing him up real bad in the Rise of Kylo Ren and he seems genuinely terrified at the possibility of Luke's return (like doesn't he consider bombing Ach To to kill Luke)

I do agree Sidious is miles above him tho

Also Matt do we get an answer on who nuked the Jedi Temple Luke made

Back