• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Staff Only: Possible Fairy Tail statistics adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just because it makes sense doesn't make it right." I am guessing this means the same for downgrades as well.

@Dragon, I politely ask you to undo all the cjanges you made to the FT pages, because you edited before' we 100% agreed and I already said I'll take care of. So please, undo the changes.

Ran to edit the files in my anger since I just wanted this crap to end. I apologize. This just really ruined my evening...

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Ran to edit the files in my anger since I just wanted this crap to end. I apologize. This just really ruined my evening...
At least you had evening, I have been non-stop with school and my granpa until now. But well, now, I think that we should post the calc I posted for evaluations and see it would be relevant for scaling

That's would kind of f*ck up the scaling

But this calc, would make the characters I mentioned before from "At least Mountain" to "Small Island level", so Human Irene/Base August could be Island level, and the rest of the top tier would remain the same (Except for Acno and Igneel, I already suggested to upgrade them to "At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B".)

^This.

And the comment I told about the scaling was this one.

In the aforementioned calc the temperature used was 81 degrees and a 1500 degrees was suggested since he could melt stones. However he has also shown to be able to evaporate sand, that's 2230 degrees Celsius.

So, does anybody remember why we went with the OBD's Brandish calculation? We may need to link to both calculations in a post here, and invite all of the calc group members to give input regarding which one that we should use, in order to settle this matter.

Basically, before we perform any potential downgrades, I would much prefer if the calc group members decide which Brandish calculation that is most reliable to use.

ScarletFirefly said:
In the aforementioned calc the temperature used was 81 degrees and a 1500 degrees was suggested since he could melt stones. However he has also shown to be able to evaporate sand, that's 2230 degrees Celsius.
I guess that can be discussed, tho, if the scaling in the calc I posted is not accepted then we can use DT's, and add those temp changes

@Aiden Can you post links to all the Brandish calcs in a post, and then ask the rest of the calc group for input?

Iwan himself (Who made the Island level calc for Brandish) said that this versio was the most accurate (And tjis one can helpt for 7-A Spriggan, since it was a very casual feat)

ScarletFirefly said:
Using 2230 C with DT's accepted scaling we get 5.15688015e18 J = 1.23252394 GT (Small Island level)

No, High 7-A will be for: Larcade, WSDF Sting, FDKM Natsu, DS Gray, likely Mirajane Alegria/Seilah and Erza's strongest armors.

The rest of Spriggan (except August and Irene) would be 7-A.

Irene and August can be Island level normally and Large Island when transformed (Dragon Irene and Red Form August)

So Zeref and others would remain the same.

Except that change in Acno and Igneel I mentioned before

Okay. Are everybody okay with Aiden's latest suggestions?

Also, we would need a footnote in Erza's page, which explains that her meteorite feat is considered as an outlier.

That is the real reason for most of these types of situations within fiction, when outclassed characters are somehow able to stand up to vastly superior opponents.

Irene was only damaged five times by them IIRC: The first Wendy hurted her (When she was off guard) then Erza attacked her (Whe she was distrated with Wendy) then Erza made her bleed after being buff by Wendy (But Irene was laughging at the damage) then Erza damage her sragon form (Only thanks to Wendy's DS Magic) and finally Erza headbutt-ed her (But Irene was weakened by this point)

No, this is not Erza's first PIS showing, and is not going to be the last. Also remember, Erza had lots of trouble taking down Ajeel, and Irene is vastly stronger than him.

Base Natsu fighting Zeref clearly makes no sense. And Gildarts is not a bit higher than Erza. He is vastly superior to Erza.

Honestly? If you think that those fights are not outliers and that Gildarts is just "sightly stronger" than Erza, there's no point in discussing with you.

@JBennet This is supposed to be a staff only thread...

Erza herself has said that "she is nowhere close" to Gildarts level when the guy was introduced.

@RoyGundam

Oh I forgot that Zeref wants to have fun with him. He was indeed dominating the fight.

Not because is prolonged is likely and outlier. Look at Trunks for example, his fight vs Black was pure PIS until he got his transformation

Don't be ironic. If those fights are well justify, then they can scale. But again, Erza had a hard time Ajeel, but all the sudden can fight (one of) the strongest Spriggan? C'mon.

Stills outlier. Understand dude, she got beat up by a far weaker character, there's no way she can now fight Irene in just short amount of time (I think it was 1, Maybe 2 days)

So, should we return to the main topic, without being distracted further?

@Aiden

You're forgetting the fact that Erza couldn't use her magic half her fight against Ajeel, and that made her sustain quite a bit of injuries.

I can see how her meteor feat can be possibly labeled as outlier, but I see no reason for her not to scale to Human Irene. She damaged her multiple times and took damage from her. And Wendy's boost wouldn't take her to 1 tier higher so that makes no sense.

Yes, I suppose that Scarlet is okay.

ScarletFirefly said:
@Aiden

You're forgetting the fact that Erza couldn't use her magic half her fight against Ajeel, and that made her sustain quite a bit of injuries.

I can see how her meteor feat can be possibly labeled as outlier, but I see no reason for her not to scale to Human Irene. She damaged her multiple times and took damage from her. And Wendy's boost wouldn't take her to 1 tier higher so that makes no sense.
But when she could use it, the match was either even, or Ajeel had the upperhand. Also, if we scale Erza to Irene, then the claims of she being "vastly superior" are wrong. That, or Ajeel is the 3rd strongest (Specially since Elfman and Lisanna took him down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back