• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Staff discussion) Re-adding Goku's resistance to Time stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since vados explanation is the latest in universe explanation, and the role of it was delinate alot of new information, that the audience didn't know. It should take precedent over earlier explanations and statements from toei, although it's possible those site descriptions could be a mistranslation. But at worst it's a retcon.

One point I didn't make in the previous thread is that if it functioned as timestop, the storing ability wouldn't really function as stated. Hits able the store the time he skipped over. However, if Hit stopped time for 10 seconds, for example. Those 10 seconds didn't happen, so there wouldn't be that ammount to store, as time isn't flowing.

Stopping time for hit should a byproduct or a different ability all together, since they don't call it time skip when he does that to the mob boss. All the times, it's stated he was using time skip should use Vados explanation, for how its functioned.

Stopping time for hit should a byproduct or a different ability all together, since they don't call it time skip when he does that to the mob boss. All the times, it's stated he was using time skip should use Vados explanation, for how its functioned.
Which is contradicted by Toei's official Website, which states that Hit was indeed stopping time by 0'1 seconds, and was able to improve it further, to 0,2 seconds and beyond, and is consistant with the visual effects of Goku freezed in time.

Here is the little fragment where is stated, translated in English:

"Goku predicts the movement after 0.1 seconds and counterattacks brilliantly at the "time skip" that stops the time for 0.1 seconds and attacks!"

Last edited:
Which is contradicted by Toei's official Website, which states that Hit was indeed stopping time by 0'1 seconds, and is consistant with the visual effects of Goku freezed in time.

"Goku predicts the movement after 0.1 seconds and counterattacks brilliantly at the "time skip" that stops the time for 0.1 seconds and attacks!"
He didn't say that Hit didn't stop time...

He didn't say that Hit didn't stop time...
However, I'm going to copy paste what the user Proudlearner suggested.

"King Kai says "But I heard you predicted a few seconds in time at the martial arts match, right?". Implying that Hit's Time Skip goes forward in time to attack which Time Stops because Son Goku's actions haven't been decided in the future. Son Goku forced his way in the future to resist and counter hit's time skip which gives him resistance to it. Until Hit power up further.

According to the Speed page, Note 7. Supports this feat.

Vados statement is partially correct, which was taken out of context. First of all, this is not a retcon to their previous confrontation. This is her saying that it is not Time Stop and that Hit is just skipping time".

Which is contradicted by Toei's official Website, which states that Hit was indeed stopping time by 0'1 seconds, and was able to improve it further, to 0,2 seconds and beyond, and is consistant with the visual effects of Goku freezed in time.

Like I said, it's possible it's a byproduct. However at worse it's a retcon. As if he was just stopping time, storing time wouldn't function, and Vados wouldn't have said the first part of her statment. Plus information out of universe that contradicts in universe information should be disregarded.

The 2nd thing you quoted supports my statements as well, that he was moving through time. The only problem the opening had with immeasurable was that it could be an outlier. However, I showed how it wasn't in the last thread, plus you pretty much conceded and just said it was wack.

I thought he already had analytical prediction though, is the point to further elaborate the ability on his profile?
Anyway, let's move on with what is accepted on this thread.

Shouldn't that be precog thought?, Goku was predicting Hit's movements. Precog is about predicting your opponent's move isn't It?

Oh. I was not aware of that. It wouldn't hurt to add another, possibly better, reason for it though.

Anyway, let's move on with what is accepted on this thread.

Shouldn't that be precog thought?, Goku was predicting Hit's movements. Precog is about predicting your opponent's move isn't It?
Analytical prediction is just mentally predicting. While precognition is using an ability to my knowledge. So it should stay Analytical in my opinion.

One thing I think should be added is other characters who are even or weaker than Goku, who are able not get destroyed by him in combat should get it as well.

Analytical prediction is just mentally predicting. While precognition is using an ability to my knowledge. So it should stay Analytical in my opinion.
I think that both abilities should remain the same thought, there wouldn't be much confusions.

We could just put the ability by types, just like AE and corruption.

Analytical prediction type 1: The character mentally predicts the opponent's moves.

Analytical prediction type 2: The user predicts the opponent's moves through an ability.

Ok about Goku's Precognition or Analytical Prediction upgrade

At the beginning of the fight Goku was predicting where Hit will time skip himself this is a pretty decent feat for limited precog I think

Last edited:
I think that both abilities should remain the same thought, there wouldn't be much confusions.

We could just put the ability by types, just like AE and corruption.

Analytical prediction type 1: The character mentally predicts the opponent's moves.

Analytical prediction type 2: The user predicts the opponent's moves through an ability.
Analytical by definition is "relating to or using analysis or logical reasoning". So using an ability wouldn't really follow that definition. Since you naturally see the future.

@Rez Actually the galactic king was the one who told goku about the time skip, he didn't discover it himself.

While Toei site said Hit stop time, but Vados - a reliable sources of information inside the show said he skipping time, skip and stop is way different, while i could go and explain the entire mechanic of skipping time as the ability is just self-time accelerated but on steroid, but possibly no one here will buy it in favor of their own desire.
So Vados statement can't be ignore either as she is a reliable sources, so she contradict Toei official site, that mean currently we can't treat Hit time hax as either stop time or skip time, and Goku will have nothing, no time-stop resistance, Analytical Prediction stay there but should have a description so people could understand the potency of his prediction that can predict Hit time hax

However, I'm going to copy paste what the user Proudlearner suggested.

"King Kai says "But I heard you predicted a few seconds in time at the martial arts match, right?". Implying that Hit's Time Skip goes forward in time to attack which Time Stops because Son Goku's actions haven't been decided in the future. Son Goku forced his way in the future to resist and counter hit's time skip which gives him resistance to it. Until Hit power up further.

According to the Speed page, Note 7. Supports this feat.

Vados statement is partially correct, which was taken out of context. First of all, this is not a retcon to their previous confrontation. This is her saying that it is not Time Stop and that Hit is just skipping time".
This is basically prediction.

It's kinda sad that Toriyama came up with a very complex technique that neither Toei nor Toyotaro fully understand and made it work like a time stop instead because it's easier to write around

I do not mind if Goku and characters that can keep up with him get Analytical Prediction, but the ability currently redirects to the Precognition page, so maybe that should be expanded into different types, depending on if it is done via intelligence/skill or supernatural power, for general usage in the wiki?

I do not mind if Goku and characters that can keep up with him get Analytical Prediction, but the ability currently redirects to the Precognition page, so maybe that should be expanded into different types, depending on if it is done via intelligence/skill or supernatural power, for general usage in the wiki?
Precognition may be based on any number of factors; it may be based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities. Given this wide variety of methods, any given user's form of Precognition and its limitations should be described on their page.
This come directly from the precognition page, so i think we don't need a separated page for Analytical Prediction as precognition already cover it, we just need to separated it inside the Precognition page. I have a draft for this:
Precognition is the ability to see the future. The specifics of the ability, and whether or not they can act on the information they see to change the future, differs depending on the user and verse. The ability may only be useful for the short term; or it may be best for the long term. Precognition can allow characters to react to attacks faster than they'd normally be able to react to. The information it provides may be complex and intricate, or simple and limited, if not inaccurate, while other forms of precognition may be much more accurate.

Analytical Prediction is a sub-type of Precognition, rather than a supernatural abilities, it is based on reading the minute body movements of an opponent, predicting their actions through observation, mathematical, intellectual predictions, or through some unspecified magical or astronomical means, among any other number of abilities.
To be honest i'm thinking about this for a very long time as Precog is predict near future through superpower, while many character can predict through scientific mean

Last edited:
That is probably fine, but we would need a separate staff thread to discuss the issue, and magic should likely not be listed as a reason for analytical prediction. It would just be regular precognition as far as I am aware.

Thank you, but you misunderstood my intentions in the OP for the new thread.

so according to english dub , goku has a immeasurable speed feat, correct? Just wanted to confirm. I am sorry for derailing, but is that a direct statement that goku is forcing himself into future and jiren transcending time?

so according to english dub , goku has a immeasurable speed feat, correct? Just wanted to confirm. I am sorry for derailing, but is that a direct statement that goku is forcing himself into future and jiren transcending time?
Those are both direct statments, but the Jiren one is in sub and dub. While the Goku statment is in the dub only. However, If you go by Vados statment of Hit skipping and not stopping it, then the dub's statment still holds true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back