• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not exactly somehting he can just do, I've seen the epsiode he became the moon after Santa filled him with tons of water from squirt guns.

He did destroy the moon but not exactly with his own power, he wound up a Jack in the box too much and it destroys the moon.

Pretty sure if it´s consistent, it would scale to durability.

Note that this is another feat of Spongebob absorbing a planetary amount of water in seconds.

For reference, I'm referring to Spongebob having Tier 5 durability. That's contradicted in various episodes.

Absorbing Tier 5 amounts of energy with your body would require Tier 5 durability, which is why this is considered an outlier.

Him absorbing this amount of water is consistent, but scaling to durability is ourlierish, so...

What should be done? Scrapping totally this feels downplayish.

It happens consistently =/= It should automatically be applied. Arceus is consistently harmed by beings infinitely weaker than him because it's convenient to gameplay. How many times has Spongebob absorbed the ocean anyhow? Twice or thrice in a show that's been going on for nearly two decades and consistently portrays him as comparable to common fish.

Unlike Arceus´s scaling, this one is when the character is using something in his enviroment, which can be aplied as a separate key.

You can't just ignore the fact that the feat would require Tier 5 durability and is thus an outlier.

Spongebob was never compared to other characters while having such mount of water absorbed, however, so only him becoming tier 5 while doing so is not outlierish.

Bobsican said:
Spongebob was never compared to other characters while having such mount of water absorbed, however, so only him becoming tier 5 while doing so is not outlierish.
I don't think you get my point. Not saying that other characters having comparable strength to Spongebob makes it an outlier. It's that the feat of absorbing the ocean with one's body would require Tier 5 durability, which Spongebob has systematically shown not to possess.

Maverick Zero X said:
Not saying that other characters having comparable strength to Spongebob makes it an outlier.
Spongebob is the only character in the show so far that has absorbed liquids, which is why they can´t scale.

Note that it would be a separate key, rather than just straight up upgrade him to tier 5.

Maverick Zero X said:
You can't just ignore the fact that the feat would require Tier 5 durability and is thus an outlier.
You're literally just repeating debunked points at this rate so Imma just quote my previous rebuttals.

What I meant is that Spongebob only has the tier 5 durability while absorbing the water, not always, as in, it doesn´t scale to his "normal" form.

Nothing indicates his durability increases thousands of times over specifically during Absorption.

As it´s a physical feat, it would scale to durability (which is why tier 5 dura), but due to the inconsistencies it would give if scaled to base form, it should only scale to Spongebob while performing such act in particular (but not scaling his base form to it too).

Insecurity97 said:
Didn't he absorb the entire ocean when he helped Sandy kill fleas in that one episode?
Only that instance may be taken as an outlier for anyone but Spongebob in that case.

You literally just repeated your previous statement but with meaningless fluff. Seriously, conclusively substantiate Spongebob's durability gaining an abrupt and vast increase during Absorption or it remains an outlier.

Insecurity97 said:
I'm pretty sure he also absorbed the ocean in Squirrel Jokes
He didn´t absorb the ocean in that one moment, just a few liters at most.

Maverick Zero X said:
You literally just repeated your previous statement but with meaningless fluff. Seriously, conclusively substantiate Spongebob's durability gaining an abrupt and vast increase during Absorption or it remains an outlier.
What sort of proof would be needed for it to be accepted in that case?

Prove Spongebob's durability gains increase when he's using his Absorption power. Like, where is this stated in the show?

This just feeds into Spongebob's variable tier. This feat is completely legit from a technical standpoint. Even the tides are effected.

So far, I couldn´t find any actual statements as the characters were either struggling or suffocating, except maybe in the recent moon feat, but I can´t find a place to watch the episode properly.

Maverick Zero X said:
"Varies. X to 5-A"? I kinda disagree but I'm interested.
No, it would be more like "Varies from 10-C to 9-B at his peak. 5-A when absorbing planetary amounts of liquid" TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back