• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, I think there's real potential for Tier 7 Spongebob. I say that through a redo of the Reef Blower calc and a similar calc featuring the Treedome: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Spongebob's_Most_Ridiculous_Feats_Calc'd

The Low 7-C one, everyone should scale from since pretty much everyone got sucked into the Treedome in that one. 7-A is possible, although unless the Low 7-C feat is okay with people, can't say it'd be legit. The wrenching the planet deal is 5-A, somewhat higher than the thing where Spongebob becomes the flipping moon. I personally felt it was an outlier due to the different methodologies, but I think that might be up to others.

So yeah, a potential Tier 7 upgrade for Spongebob. I didn't calc the Treedome's durability from the calc since I don't think calcing building durability directly is good practice. Otherwise the Treedome would be higher than 7-A; just a guess.

I agree with upgrading Spongebob’s lower end tier to tier 7, but trust me when I say that that tier 5 feat you have there should still get used given there isn’t any real consistency due to the show being a cartoon. Especially when he has shown something much better than tier 5 that might actually make him tier 4 or even tier 3.

I've been asked to provide staff input here.

Could you send links to the scenes in question that are used as part of the calc? Preferably over YouTube, but I'm not picky as long as the scenes can be watched.

The calculations themselves have been accepted, of course, but matters like scaling, the legitimacy of the feats, and determining outliers would require a bit more context than what either the original post or calculation blog provides. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the feats, but I can't really thoroughly evaluate it when I'm not even totally certain I understand what the feats are.

Going to remain neutral for now; I have voiced a general distaste for variable tiers unless there's lore explained for variables, but Spongebob is admittedly inconsistent as ****.

Greatly appreciated!

If the math works out for these feats, this should be acceptable.

I don't know for sure whether any of these would fall into outlier territory, as I don't know the other feats the verse is scaled to - for this matter, I'd rather more knowledgeable members of this particular verse would comment. As such, I can't really say I wholly agree based on what I've seen, but I'll keep updated on the discussion to see if it becomes more clear.

Nevertheless, all the feats in a vacuum (pun intended) should be acceptable. And on a side note, these feats are funny as hell.

Yeah, I usually try for at least three similar-tier feats before considering a tier to be consistent. Two of the exact same feat, one encompassing every character in the show, definitely gives the feats bonus points, but Spongebob is such a huge show that it'd be difficult to comb through it all.

Yeah, I usually try for at least three similar-tier feats before considering a tier to be consistent. Two of the exact same feat, one encompassing every character in the show, definitely gives the feats bonus points, but Spongebob is such a huge show that it'd be difficult to comb through it all.
there is a feat of PLanton surviving a nuclear blast he made

To be fair, we do have plans to do a mass overhaul of SpongeBob later which will get him to higher tiers (The preparation for that CRT is nearly complete). For now, this should do.

As far as I’m aware, something worth noting: the characters have consistently survived the Krusty Krab getting destroyed which was durable enough to survive getting thrown by King Neptune in one of the comics (It’s currently accepted), so even if this wiki does not allow the stock footage of the nuclear bomb exploding that would’ve had the potential for a 7-C rating to be used, at the very least, them surviving the Krusty Krab’s destruction would be 8-A. Hence bringing more consistency for these feats to be used.

As far as I’m aware, something worth noting: the characters have consistently survived the Krusty Krab getting destroyed which was durable enough to survive getting thrown by King Neptune in one of the comics (It’s currently accepted), so even if this wiki does not allow the stock footage of the nuclear bomb exploding that would’ve had the potential for a 7-C rating to be used, at the very least, them surviving the Krusty Krab’s destruction would be 8-A. Hence bringing more consistency for these feats to be used.
Doesn't the Spongebob profile we have use Spongebob from the cartoon, not other forms of media like comics and video games?

The comics were confirmed to be canon since the late Stephen Hillenburg approved of them. Look at the verse page.

in this case ... it should be a real nuke since it's not exaggerated. The other's make sense as an exaggeration but this one is very obvious

The comics were confirmed to be canon since the late Stephen Hillenburg approved of them. Look at the verse page.
That's like saying GT is canon because Akira Toriyama threw the Shadow Dragons into the ring; that's not how canonicity works.

Back