• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AidenBrooks999 said:
5-A absorption(?
Pretty much so far, yes.

Edit: NVM, just rechecked to what reffered the calc. Spongebob did that with a iece of equipment, which has broken to far more smaller stuff, so 5-A is out of the question.

Any other ocean absorbing feats may be used for calculations, however, and the moon feat is obviously at least 5-C depending on the timeframe.

I still think Tier 5 Absorption is a outlier but I've got Sanic stuff to attend to. So I'll unfollow for now and make a downgrade thread later assuming this gets accepted.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Spongebob also became the whole earth in an instant in the first movie.
Just putting that out there.
In lack of context, that easily would fall as toon force.

Unless maybe if Spongebob gets Pocket Reality Manipulation, but that one is easily up to debate.

Okay, that makes more sence, the problem is that unlike the rest of the feats, the movie one doesn´t have anything to make it seem like an actual feat, as after it Spongebob is seen just being held by ropes while Patrick walked with those shoes.

It was most likely in that case just an illusion or something in those lines.

There's also the fact he kinda destroyed the moon. (He uses the Wind up Toy. However, its more the fact he was able to hold it despite the force)

And his earlier feat of the water being absorbed in his machine before exploding in his face which also Was calced. And then this feat as well. Seems this is becoming less outlier, and more consistent.

That episode also has a few notable speed iirc feats if I can bring up Including the one where Squidward pulls out a ruler and moves it to earth in about two to three seconds (maybe 4. I saw it a few days ago. So I can't remember the exact time)

We should actually probably get that moon feat calced. Cause destroying the moon seems to be a good feat across the webs. May get similar numbers to his ocean feat from the start of the series.

Yea. I think it's actually more often times Planet to Large for some reason.

And if it's large planet. You could make the argument it is kinda more consistent now since he has other large planet feats. Possibly a 5-C to above upgrade for spongebob. Who knows

I guess if we ignore the Tier 10/9 showings that take place throughout the majority of the series, then sure.

Maverick Zero X said:
I guess if we ignore the Tier 10/9 showings that take place throughout the majority of the series, then sure.
I mean for one it's a cartoon. So it always gonna have a bit of inconsistency. Like how say with TDI. They have been hurt by building stuff. And small city stuff.

And, little off but on topic, I don't get why he is still 10/9 tier when he should be in the town to city tier via Nukes. (I hear the argument is not using stock footage which is wrong imo. Spongebob is shown to be set in a IRL world, and the stock footage is just showing the bomb reaching to the surface, I don't think it should be pushed aside)

Not referring to "a bit" of inconsistency here. Spongebob characters being Tier 10 to 9 is genuinely how they're portrayed throughout 90% of the franchise barring their Tier 8 amped forms and the Tier 5 Outliers.

The stock footage for the nuke should definitely be ignored. That "nuclear explosion" only engulfed Bikini Bottom, which has been calculated at 9-B:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_q8-eJnf28

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:ArbitraryNumbers/Destroying_Bikini_Bottom_(Redone)

Maverick Zero X said:
Spongebob characters being Tier 10 to 9 is genuinely how they're portrayed throughout 90% of the franchise barring their Tier 8 amped forms and the Tier 5 Outliers.
I feel like one day this would all change, that 90% might be a lot lower then you think

Make the Moon an outlier (Heck SpongeBob couldn't even push the moon by himself as he tried that to no avail.) if you want but again I feel big changes are a coming!

"Varies from 10-C usually to 5-A at peak" maybe?

We have more 5-A feats for at peak than for 9-B now that I think about it...

Lastly, Lifting Strength is treated as a separate stat to AP by default.

Bobsican said:
"Varies from 10-C usually to 5-A at peak" maybe?
We have more 5-A feats for at peak than for 9-B now that I think about it...

Lastly, Lifting Strength is treated as a separate stat to AP by default.
There are more 5-A feats? I find that truly hard to believe for now, All I'm saying is not right now, soon but not right now.

If only SpongeBob's comics counted though. :/

Spongebob once absorbed the whole ocean in a second, which was calced as 5-A

Lastly, which comics exactly?

There was the time when he sucked the entire ocean in one second in Reef Blower, and when he absorbed the whole ocean in Squirrel Jokes and A Flea in Her Dome. I'm sure there"s more

If there are only one or two Tier 5 feats then I'm still gonna stand by the fact that they're outliers.

Note that this is a fraction of the Tier 9/10 feats, though I'm quite sure I listed all the Tier 5 shizz.

Tier 10

Tier 9

Tier 5

• Spongebob absorbs the ocean two or three times
  • Spongebob becomes the moon

Genericstickman said:
I mean 10-C Spongebob is fairly inconsistent this his exact size changes in different episodes
Even in the movie they have been shown to be small, even in the second... If only the Bikini Bottom mites and all of Bikini Bottom all of the sudden became the size of real people with Bikini Bottom being the size of a real life city all of this would change... hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back