• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(SPOILERS) Major BFDI Revisions: The Loss of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
We see her crash completely uninjured later, and unless you're suggesting we give Needle some level of Regenerationn, it's much more reasonable to assume that she just tanked it rather than being so injured that she wouldn't scale (And considering we scale characters to durability feats that nearly kill them, she would need to have been pretty hurt), but healed from the injuries with Regenerationn that she has never shown before or after. And the fact that there's only 1 is the main reason that they'd be Possibly 7-B (Rather than likely), as it's not too high above their consistent tiering to be completely tossed out, but as there's only 1, it wouldn't get more then a Possibly

Yeah, the tier 4 part of the feat is an outlier, not the 7-B part (Would destroying a star sized cake even be Star level?)

That seems fine then.

While we are agreeing partially with downgrading the contestants to High 7-C (most accepted it), Soupy thinks possibly 7-B. I personally think that the contestants should be downgraded to High 7-C.
What are the reasons for this?

I do not know. Is whoever he mutilated organic to start with?

While we are agreeing partially with downgrading the contestants to High 7-C (most accepted it), Soupy thinks possibly 7-B. I personally think that the contestants should be downgraded to High 7-C.
What are the reasons for this?

Explained in the OP. We dont know how injured Needle was, and its unknown if she was KO'd, but its most likely the case, especially since its a higher tier feat. This is the same reasoning Robbie Rotte lost his 7-B durability for crashing into the moon.

And Robbie Rotten was downgraded for being extremely inconsistent (Possibly being ko'd was just an extra thing on top) having 2 tier 7 feats and half a million tier 9 ones, the BFDI contestants are consistently tier 7 and while Needle's feat is above all of their other ones, it's not so far above them that its completely invalid, but it is far above enough for it to only get a Possibly Also technically because she's inorganic she isn't even able to be ko'd by physical trauma but eh

Needle was totally conscious as she was hurdling back toward earth and she was also totally unharmed at that time. If the trip back was perfectly fine, then why would she be unconscious on the way up to her cake?

also, everybody on team BEEP except leafy should be upgraded to 5-B because they each own an Earth

FRIMI said:
Needle was totally conscious as she was hurdling back toward earth and she was also totally unharmed at that time. If the trip back was perfectly fine, then why would she be unconscious on the way up to her cake?
Because it took her a week to get back. During that week timeframe, tell me. How was Needle? Exactly. You dont know, and it goes to say she was KO'd, especially popping her cake which would be 4-C. Ergo, this is already an outlier.

Me and Blue have already explained this.

what I mean to say is that if the sheer force of her flying into space was enough to knock her out, then why doesnt the force from reentry do the same thing?

Not knowing her condition doesn't automaticaly mean she must have been ko'd (And looking at Teardrop being thrown and not ko'd by this wind [And the wind not being relativistic speed a single time doesn't automatically invalidate her doing so, as this was likely just an inconsistency, there are a lot of those in the series]) this isn't very likely and just because the feat has a 4-C feat that's probably not actually 4-C mixed in with it (Its a Star sized cake, not a star sized star), that doesn't invalidate the 7-B feat, just the tier 4 one

FRIMI said:
what I mean to say is that if the sheer force of her flying into space was enough to knock her out, then why doesnt the force from reentry do the same thing?
Remember it took her a week to get back? Compared to her being sent there in 6.33 seconds the first trip, the trip back was vastly slower.

that may be true, but its not like she popped the cake then immediately turned around. she would've needed to slingshot around some other celestial body which would presumably take more than a few seconds. the closest would be the moon, but we see that it's in the wrong direction, so it would've needed to be mars or something. my point is that she would've taken time to get en route to earth, plus if she sling shotted around some other celestial body, then she would've gained speed, not lost it

James Plays 4 Games said:
I agree with Soupy on not assuming Needle was injured enough for the feat to be invalid, especially since she can survive in lava and how it's unlikely for her to regenerate from any injuries.
Trying to say "Survive in lava" to justify something on a whole different caliber is just a bad argument.

That's not all I said. I agree with what Soupywolf5 said and want to emphasize how she shouldn't have Regenerationn from something like that if the feat were to be invalid. I also want to emphasize her being able to survive lava, since a star is hot and might mean she wouldn't need to regenerate.

James Plays 4 Games said:
That's not all I said. I agree with what Soupywolf5 said and want to emphasize how she shouldn't have Regenerationn from something like that if the feat were to be invalid. I also want to emphasize her being able to survive lava, since a star is hot and might mean she wouldn't need to regenerate.
1. She was unharmed from the lava, she didn't even need to regenerate

2. sure she easily still could have been harmed just by landing on impact from the speed

Why are we suddenly assuming she has Regenerationn? (And if we're not, then she couldn't have been injured past the point of the feat being usable by being launched as we clearly see her uninjured later [yeah, its a week later, but even minor injuries like bruises can take multiple weeks to heal completely])

Why would she need to regenerate from her star then? If she was completely intact when going back to Earth a week later, it means she either has mid-low or high-low Regenerationn, or she didn't get very hurt from landing on her star after getting launched to it.

And saying she has Regenerationn because of this one thing despite never displaying it in any form before or after this seems less reasonable than just saying that she was undamaged by the feat.

I'm pretty sure occam's razor points to needle just flying into the cake and then ariving back on earth with no unnecessary additional points like her being injured then healing in the middle of it

FRIMI said:
I'm pretty sure occam's razor points to needle just flying into the cake and then ariving back on earth with no unnecessary additional points like her being injured then healing in the middle of it
You remember 1 solid issue, the timeframe, 1 week is a large amount of time, even if it's not as much as critical injury, it's still possible

Healing without Regenerationn is pretty slow (With even minor injuries like cuts and bruises taking multiple weeks to heal completely, while there was only a single week timeframe between when she crashed into the cake and back on Earth), so her being injured is actually pretty unlikely

but we see that she returns in the same state that she left in, so any additional assumptions about what happened offscreen are just gratuitous

Review the scene again. Everything was in a straight line. No obstacles in the way. So, she was KO'd, woke up some time after, and crashed into Earth a week later. It should be noted that since this took her a week to get back, she'd have to be moving at average 534 m/s (taken from the calced distance divided by a week in seconds), so the impact was softer, but not enough for her to be KO'd.

Soupywolf5 said:
We don't even know if she was ko'd by the feat, but you're saying it like that's an absolute fact
We never hear anything from her after she crashed, and that leads to being that she was knocked out.

That means there is a possibility that she was knocked out, but looking at how other characters were undamaged by being thrown by the wind (And the wind not moving Teardrop at relativistic speeds on-screen a single time would just be an inconsistency, and wouldn't invalidate the feat) it's still not very likely

The wind is a variable, and it was just a stronger wind that pushed her, while others were only hiding or being launched by a weaker part of the wind (a slower speed wind)

^And it should be noted that winds can have different directions/speed, hence how Teardrop wasnt just flying upwards, or she wouldve been in space by now.

Also pretty cool that this inconsistency is just unforgivable, but the one about Four's BFR is enough to downgrade him

So what are the summarised conclusions here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back