• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(SPOILERS) Major BFDI Revisions: The Loss of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose Blue has a point.

While there are times of inconsistency, High 7-C seems the most consistent. I believe there were 4 of them (2 left uncalced). And a few others behind High 7-C (Low 7-C and 7-C) that support the rating.

A feat having the person preforming it being Ko'd doesn't automatically make the feat invalid (Durability feats don't need the character to survive them with no damage. Heck we have characters get durability values from feats that almost killed them), and her being ko'd is only a possibility, we don't know for sure that that happened

It means tier 7 is actually consistent (And there being multiple High 7-C/7-C feats would actually make sense with the suggested Tiering for the contestants above, they're for sure High 7-C due to having multiple feats, and they're Possibly 7-B due to a single feat done by Needle Which isn't too far above their consistent Tiering to be completely thrown out, but due to there only being a single one, it's best to only list it as "Possibly")

I don't see why her being KOed makes the feat invalid, just means that she isn't taking hits on that level that well

Tllmbrg said:
I don't see why her being KOed makes the feat invalid, just means that she isn't taking hits on that level that well
Its the only City Level feat of its kind, so...

High 7-C seems the next best, given 4 feats are there (2 left uncalced).

And as I've explained that's why "High 7-C, Possibly 7-B" would be best. The contestants are for sure High 7-C due to having consistent feats, and there's a single 7-B feat which isn't too far above their consistent Tiering to be thrown out completely, but due to there being only 1, it would be best to only rate it as Possibly It's a shame that carrying KE was banned

I was just thinking about the BFR think and I just wanna say that since Four's BFR generally works based on perspective from the camera, theres a good chance that Spongey would've fit just fine if he were further away from Four with a different camera angle at the time of eliminantion

Again, probably PIS.

As to why Four didnt just grow in size to send Spongy to the EXIT (like what he did with Pillow in BFB 13 out of his annoyance), guess^. Its obvious.

Psychomaster35 said:
Where has a character had a durability feat rejected solely due to them being ko'd by the feat? (Robbie Rotten doesn't count as he was downgraded for being inconsistent, the feat ko'ing him was just an extra thing on top), as Tllm has pointed out a character being ko'd by a durability feat would just mean they would slightly backscale from it (it wouldn't make it invalid)

But if you want actual examples The Sniper is given 9-B dura for tanking 9-B rockets despite them almost killing him (It's even specified that he barely tanks them), and Banjo & Kazooie are rated as Possibly 7-C for barely surviving a stomp from a large dinosaur, these characters barely survive their durability feats while Needle was undamaged by hers (with the only possible damage she could have sustained being that she might have possibly been ko'd by the feat)

oh also, this is prob the wrong thread, but should GB be 6-C with prep time because she was able to make dream island as well as her factory?

The Dream Island that was created was vastly smaller. It was just a smaller replica of the original. Hell, if you can even compare Dream Island to the contestants, you see what I mean that it is a small replica.

Dream Sauce Island

huh. I thought I remembered that it kept growing since after it was made. is that an image of the largest it got while on-screen?

Yeah.

And it should be noted that Golf Ball's Factory appears to be far smaller, as seen in BFB 15, where there isnt much room, hence the island was a small replica.

@Soupy, I mean, being KO'd is pretty big harm for a durability feat, heck, I don't even think that the examples you shown had the characters being KO'd

@FRMI, Creating an island doesn't auto make you 6-C, just like what Psycho said, it was small than the original dream island, but iirc Dream Island is only 7-A

The feats I provided had the characters almost die preforming them (Which is a bit more than just being ko'd)

fair enough. I know that just the fact that it's an island doesn't make it island level, but I did think that it was sufficiently large for some reason

So what has been accepted so far?

I know Inorganic Physiology was one of them, and Four's BFR downgrade.

But how is the tiering? And Four's mutilation being transmutation?

Didn't some people argue Four being unable to BFR Spongy easily could be PIS so we should wait on that one?

heres my take on it. sizes of things in BDFI (especially spongey's size when compared to other contestants) can be super inconsistent such as the whole flower lifting the MRC thing. It was stated during the elimination that spongey was 7 times bigger than the previous largest eliminated contestant, that being 8 ball. However as an estimate, since sizes are still annoying, lets say that as of BFB 16, Four can't send anything at least 7 times larger than himself to the exit, even if this might just be PIS. We will be able to definitively say for sure whether it is or isn't once Spongey is eliminated again which will obviously happen

Its possible said thing was an exaggeration just to make Spongy look big. While I usually scale the contestant's heights from Pencil, who is stated to be the size of the average human according to Cary (1.755 meters, but he estimated it to be 1.7), you can already see an inconsistency, to the point them stating sizes (Spongy especially) are an exaggeration, and so pixel scaling seems more reliable.

fair enough. spongeys size does visibly shift throughout that entire scene, though. I suppose you could compare pencil's height to loser's and then loser's to spongey from when loser is dancing through spongey and there's a whole wide shot of all of spongey with all of loser

Or we just wait for the next time Spongy gets voted off before doing anything

So far, some want to downgrade to High 7-C completely (Blue), and others want to put a possibly 7-B rating.

Good to see that when there's an inconsistency with Four's BFR it's taken at face value and used to downgrade him, but when there's an inconsistency with the wind, it's scrutinized like there's no tomorrow

What reason even is there to downgrade them anymore? Needle being ko'd by the feat isn't a certainty, and even if it was I've already shown that characters get durability values from being far more damaged by their feats Also technically Needle can't even be ko'd by physical trauma because she doesn't have a brain to release chemicals in response to it but whatever , and Leafy not causing Needle to go flying was never a reason to downgrade them in the first place

have there been any bomby explosion calcs? cuz in BFB 14 barf bag, naily, and gelatin all survive a bomby explosion at point blank and it sends barf bag and gelatin flying straight upward at roughly the same speed as spongey's private jet

actually, I just looked back at the scene and they fly up FASTER than spongey's jet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back