• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(SPOILERS) Major BFDI Revisions: The Loss of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you or somebody else summarise the arguments for each in an easy to understand manner?

The arguments for the characters being downgraded are that because we don't see Needle for a week after she was thrown into the Cake, she might have been ko'd or injured by said feat, which they're saying would invalidate the feat, because that's why Robbie Rotten was downgraded (Apologies if I missed anything)

The arguments against it are that we still scale characters to Durability feats that almost kill them (Robbie Rotten was downgraded for being inconsistent with 2 tier 7 feats and a bunch of tier 9 anti-feats, while the BFDI contestants are consistently tier 7), and as Needle doesn't have any form of Regenerationn it's very unlikely that she was hurt by the feat as even minor wounds like cuts and bruises take multiple weeks to heal completely, and we see her completely uninjured after a single week, although because there's only a single 7-B feat (Although it's not too far above their consistent Tiering, so it can't really be completely thrown out) it would only get a Possibly

Well, it is common in fiction that weaker characters are instantly knocked out by much stronger opponents without actually being splattered by the impact, and this seems to be a series rooted in gag humour, so I would lean towards supporting a downgrade.

Being ko'd wouldn't instantly invalidate the feat though (Characters that take durability feats much worse than being ko'd still scale to them, so why wouln't Needle?)

Antvasima said:
Well, it is common in fiction that weaker characters are instantly knocked out by much stronger opponents without actually being splattered by the impact, and this seems to be a series rooted in gag humour, so I would lean towards supporting a downgrade.
So you are for Solid High 7-C??

Soupywolf5 said:
Being ko'd wouldn't instantly invalidate the feat though (Characters that take durability feats much worse than being ko'd still scale to them, so why wouln't Needle?)
I mean, it is more consistent, and like Ant said, a verse like this likely falls under the trope of not being splattered on the impact

High 7-C being consistent is part of the reason that they'd only be possibly 7-B (And saying that because a verse uses gag humor that a character can't be injured doesn't make sense)

I do not remember exactly what was originally suggested, so I do not know if it was all accepted.

Everything accepted is in the OP.

We have accepted a solid High 7-C rating and Four's mutilation being transmutation instead of Biological Manipulation.

Psychomaster35 said:
We have accepted a solid High 7-C rating and Four's mutilation being transmutation instead of Biological Manipulation.
So can we add firm High 7-C now.

@Soupy, the Robot flower feat isn't allowed (DMUA told Psycho about this, and it is an outlier since we have debunked she just shrugged it off since we don't know)

Also You didn't really debunk anything, saying the feat's invalid is assuming that she was extremely injured by it (Past the point where the feat would still be valid, which is pretty far considering we give characters durability scaling from feats that nearly kill them) which we clearly don't see, and the possibility of her being ko'd alone isn't enough to invalidate it (Unless you're planning on giving Needle Regenerationn)

So can we add firm High 7-C now.

@Soupy, the Robot flower feat isn't allowed (DMUA told Psycho about this, and it is an outlier since we have debunked she just shrugged it off since we don't know)

And hence, it was decided we should use her base mass and not include the rocket she was carrying to get her KE.

For the record, Im calcing her mass to get a higher result.

Using Robot Flower's KE for their Tiering wouldn't be allowed for the same reason Puffball's wasn't (Her never using her KE to attack, Speed not being correlated with strength in the verse, and probably something else I'm forgetting)

Psychomaster35 said:

Okay. That is probably fine then.

If he's allowed an AP value for moving while carrying then why isn't Robot Flower's 7-B+ Carrying KE allowed?

I think that it is strictly carryig or using small objects while running or moving fast that is disallowed, due to that fiction generally does not treat kinetic energy consistently.

So carrying a large Spaceship that gave the character carrying it Class 50/100 LS (So, you know, not small) would be allowed in this case?

DMUA denied it, but never mentioned anything about RF's base KE being wrong, so her base seems fine as she had to have felt a force while lifting the rocket.

1. DMUA rejected the robot flower feat

2. Outlier, a feat that is unknown if she got KO'd (meaning they downscale best case scenerio), got way lower, that is a textbook outlier

Soupywolf5 said:
It says KE through carrying things that require Superhuman LS to lift is allowed
Okay. I remembered right then.

He rejected solely based off all Carrying KE feats being banned, but as the KE page says, if the object lifted requires Superhuman LS, then the feat's fine

How is it an outlier when there's 1 High 7-C feat, and 2 7-B+ feats

Soupywolf5 said:
He rejected solely based off all Carrying KE feats being banned, but as the KE page says, if the object lifted requires Superhuman LS, then the feat's fine
How is it an outlier when there's 1 High 7-C feat, and 2 7-B+ feats
It is an An outlier when the feat is higher than a feat in which it is unknown that she got injured in a way which they downscaled (Getting KO'd means that they would downscale as well)

I suppose I may give it a shot, and see if that gets accepted, given DMUA denied the carrying KE, but seemingly said everything else was fine, even the base KE.

An Outlier Which isn't really an Outlier as it's supported by Robot Flower's feat (And Needle was clearly not injured by the feat, the best you can say is that she was ko'd, which would only result in a bit of backscaling, not make the feat invalid)

Soupywolf5 said:
An Outlier Which isn't really an Outlier as it's supported by Robot Flower's feat (And Needle was clearly not injured by the feat, the best you can say is that she was ko'd, which would only result in a bit of backscaling, not make the feat invalid)
Which is an outlier.

No way in hell are we giving a feat shown as casual precedence over getting possibly KO'd over a feat 20 MT lowers.

It means it goes beyond the usual limits of the contestants, meaning a massive outlier. Also, Why are you thinking it needs to be a "massive" injury, just a decent injury like a bruise means that they downscale, and no, getting KO'd means you backscale hard. But we don't know, so anything is in the possibility, so it is unusable

Wow, a 1.18x difference, these feats are clearly magnitudes apart the casual feat helps support the lower feat, without it we weren't sure if Needle was ko'd due to there being no other feats of that caliber, but with another feat around that level, done casually no less, we can more confidently say that Needle wasn't ko'd by the feat

Beyond the limits as in a 1.18x difference

Blah blah blah, being biased just to try to keep your solid 7-B BFDI.

And yes, when you have a possibility of being KO'd, then it is an outlier if there is a feat higher than what you got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back