• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

((SPOILERS)) Deltarune Chapter 2 Upgrades/Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[...] So I'm not sure it's reasonable to say Spamton ignoring Giga Queen is evidence he as Spamton Neo is stronger than Giga Queen. He is a Shadow Crystal holder, though, so THAT is evidence he's a strong adversary, however.

Well, thing is, you could have avoided that whole paragraph simply by pointing out how the game portrays the two.
GIGA Queen completely overwhelms the trio no matter how strong they are from the adventure, being able to crush them even at near "death", while Spamton is simply not capable of doing so.

GIGA Queen >>>>>> GIGA Queen (Broken) >>>>>> All of Fun Gang combined ~ Spamton NEO

Well, thing is, you could have avoided that whole paragraph simply by pointing out how the game portrays the two.
GIGA Queen completely overwhelms the trio no matter how strong they are from the adventure, being able to crush them even at near "death", while Spamton is simply not capable of doing so.

GIGA Queen >>>>>> GIGA Queen (Broken) >>>>>> All of Fun Gang combined ~ Spamton NEO
Oh yeah, there's that, too, lol.

There's also Spamton's inaction; Despite taking over the Mansion, & Toby Fox's love of denying violent playstyle players satisfying battles, Weird Route doesn't deny the Queen battles by having Spamton take out Queen/Giga Queen (Which would make sense if he's supposedly stronger, given how possessive & conceited he's acting at that time.), but by having Queen go straight to Giga Queen, & Ralsei explaining The Roaring before Giga Queen is even fought. (Although, that's probably partially because Weird Route has too big a lack of allies to rally people to make a Thrash Machine for The Delta Warriors to use.)

Still:
If Spamton Neo were stronger than Giga Queen, he would've just destroyed her atop his mansion (Unless he thought he wasn't strong enough without the Fountain's power or something, which is speculation.), & he would've just confronted her there. But he didn't. Queen somehow got back into her mansion, all the way back onto her rooftop, seemingly unopposed, & rather than Spamton Neo booting her out or something, seemingly the only reason Spamton was able to take over in the first place was because Queen was out looking for Noelle. (& I think looking for Berdly, too?)

It is weird that he gives a Shadow Crystal but Queen doesn't. Maybe there are other criteria? Who knows? Should we rate him as possibly higher for being a Shadow Crystal holder?

Still, pardon all my wordyness, please.

Spamton Neo is such a mysterious character that it’s hard to say if he’s stronger or weaker than Giga Queen. However I do think he’s definitely stronger than someone like Queen (Base), Berdley, and Choas King but maybe weaker than someone like Jevil. Btw in the Weird/Snowgrave route Spamton Neo raised his defense to defend against Kris and Kris (I think) couldn’t beat Spamton Neo without Noelle. Would that make Spamton Neo stronger than a single party member aside from Noelle? Meaning Noelle >>>>>>> Spamton Neo ~ The trio together >>>>>> The trio apart (Kris, Susie, Ralsie)? Or am I getting this all wrong lol.

Spamton Neo is such a mysterious character that it’s hard to say if he’s stronger or weaker than Giga Queen. However I do think he’s definitely stronger than someone like Queen (Base), Berdley, and Choas King but maybe weaker than someone like Jevil. Btw in the Weird/Snowgrave route Spamton Neo raised his defense to defend against Kris and Kris (I think) couldn’t beat Spamton Neo without Noelle. Would that make Spamton Neo stronger than a single party member aside from Noelle? Meaning Noelle >>>>>>> Spamton Neo ~ The trio together >>>>>> The trio apart (Kris, Susie, Ralsie)? Or am I getting this all wrong lol.
Precisely. But Kris can't beat Spamton NEO because he keeps healing every turn.

It's also probably notable that Magic, or at least Noelle's, ignores physical durability (Could just be because Ice does kinda ignore Durability often, though, lol.), since it did so much when Kris was doing several tens of times less with physical attacks.

It's also probably notable that Magic, or at least Noelle's, ignores physical durability (Could just be because Ice does kinda ignore Durability often, though, lol.), since it did so much when Kris was doing several tens of times less with physical attacks.
That just means Noelle's Spell itself is strong, requiring less stats to manage to do more damage.

That just means Noelle's Spell itself is strong, requiring less stats to manage to do more damage.
IIRC, Ice Shock does a few hundred damage to regular enemies at end of Snowgrave.
But after she Snowgraves Berdly (Which does 1700 to 1800.), she says she doesn't feel good, & leaves. Later in Weird Route, Queen says Noelle is in no condition to assist her, & needs Rest, implying Noelle is in bad condition.

Yet on Spamton, she deals nearly 700 for each of 3 hits. If it's Iceshock, it's WAY stronger than regularly. At least double across 3 hits.
& Kris's regular, physical attacks can normally deal 200 damage or so to Spamton Neo, yet after his DEF goes up, they do 10 damage.

By the numbers, Spamton would be roughly twenty times higher DEF. Combined with Noelle's Iceshocks doing double their usual....

She somehow did roughly FOURTY TIMES MORE DAMAGE than Kris?! Without even using Snowgrave?! While she was heavily implied to be unwell? & hadn't really done much off-screen?

She could have gotten stronger after defeating Berdly, but even for a boss, that's a lot, & her feeling unwell after the fight makes her getting THAT much stronger from it a little doubtful; Regular victories are only like, 4 more max HP, which is a fractional increase. I don't think Noelle got several tens of times stronger. Like, a 4.44% increase.

Even if it's a boss, going from getting less than 5% stronger from regular victories, & then, when you use a move that makes you feel unwell to beat a boss, you get what is effectively a few hundred times that (In percentage, 40x stronger is like, 4000%, a huge gap from 4.44%.) off-screen doing little but just resting & feeling unwell.

By the numbers, it's like, a 900 times power increase from beating a boss, feeling sick & resting... If you assume Iceshock accounts for DEF (& AFAIK, for gameplay, at least, it doesn't care about DEF.). You usually don't get stronger when you're sick.

I think it's more reasonable to say she just ignored Spamton's physical durability.

IIRC, Ice Shock does a few hundred damage to regular enemies at end of Snowgrave.
But after she Snowgraves Berdly (Which does 1700 to 1800.), she says she doesn't feel good, & leaves. Later in Weird Route, Queen says Noelle is in no condition to assist her, & needs Rest, implying Noelle is in bad condition.

Yet on Spamton, she deals nearly 700 for each of 3 hits. If it's Iceshock, it's WAY stronger than regularly. At least double across 3 hits.
& Kris's regular, physical attacks can normally deal 200 damage or so to Spamton Neo, yet after his DEF goes up, they do 10 damage.

By the numbers, Spamton would be roughly twenty times higher DEF. Combined with Noelle's Iceshocks doing double their usual....

She somehow did roughly FOURTY TIMES MORE DAMAGE than Kris?! Without even using Snowgrave?! While she was heavily implied to be unwell? & hadn't really done much off-screen?

She could have gotten stronger after defeating Berdly, but even for a boss, that's a lot, & her feeling unwell after the fight makes her getting THAT much stronger from it a little doubtful; Regular victories are only like, 4 more max HP, which is a fractional increase. I don't think Noelle got several tens of times stronger. Like, a 4.44% increase.

Even if it's a boss, going from getting less than 5% stronger from regular victories, & then, when you use a move that makes you feel unwell to beat a boss, you get what is effectively a few hundred times that (In percentage, 40x stronger is like, 4000%, a huge gap from 4.44%.) off-screen doing little but just resting & feeling unwell.

By the numbers, it's like, a 900 times power increase from beating a boss, feeling sick & resting... If you assume Iceshock accounts for DEF (& AFAIK, for gameplay, at least, it doesn't care about DEF.). You usually don't get stronger when you're sick.

I think it's more reasonable to say she just ignored Spamton's physical durability.
Judging how an attack works based off an scripted scene is just not fair at all. That's like Chara's 99999dmg scenes, while normally it does 100 to normal enemies.

It is affected by defende, as it does different amounts of damage to enemies based on their defense stat

Or that is just a absurdly crazy accelerent dev, damn we have characters that can get trillons of time stronger by training

Judging how an attack works based off an scripted scene is just not fair at all. That's like Chara's 99999dmg scenes, while normally it does 100 to normal enemies.
But it's a canonical part of the story that Spamton raises his DEF way higher, to the point Kris can't finish him with physical attacks, & it's a canonical part of the story that Noelle hits him for massive damage with IceShocks.
It is affected by defende, as it does different amounts of damage to enemies based on their defense stat
Basis for claiming they do damage based on the Defense Stat?
Or that is just a absurdly crazy accelerent dev, damn we have characters that can get trillons of time stronger by training
Noelle saying she felt unwell (After using Snowgrave.), & Queen saying she needed rest & that Noelle was in no condition to assist Queen does not sound like conditions where Accelerated Development would be active.
You usually don't get stronger when you're sick or worn out, much less several tens of times stronger, if we go by the numbers. (& even if we don't, then by what metric?)
& we have reason to believe she was in bad condition, because she was getting pain & damage from the Thorn Ring, as well as being put into a trance. (Not to mention casting a spell she doesn't know, & the arguable game mechanic of casting a spell that normally costs double the max TP. I'd say that hints at a spell that's problematic to use.)

Not to mention, I may be mistaken, but I feel pretty sure our Wiki had a whole thing about separating temperature-relevant durability from physical durability.

But it's a canonical part of the story that Spamton raises his DEF way higher, to the point Kris can't finish him with physical attacks
Because he heals.
& it's a canonical part of the story that Noelle hits him for massive damage with IceShocks.
We don't actually know that, she hits one attack and it does damage 3 times, which IceShock doesn't do.
Basis for claiming they do damage based on the Defense Stat?
I'll be creating a Snowgrave Route savefile real quick just hold on a minute

Because he heals.
And because his DEF is explicitly way higher, which he even points out in his dialogue.
We don't actually know that, she hits one attack and it does damage 3 times, which IceShock doesn't do.
Why not assume she used 3 IceShocks?
I'll be creating a Snowgrave Route savefile real quick just hold on a minute
That's dedication. Good luck! That said, I've been up a while, so I'll probably be going to sleep soon. Pardon me & that, please.

The only reason to assume it was Iceshock is the sound effect. It had one sound, so it was one attack.
That & Spamton stated he felt a little chilly before it hit, implying Ice Magic. In THEORY, it could've been Snowgrave, but the sound effect doesn't match up, & Noelle denies even knowing the spell, & even after using it on Berdly, doesn't seem to recognize that she did, or at least doesn't recognize it hit Berdly.
After she lands from casting the spell, she says "What... What happened? There was so much snow, I couldn't see anything."

So it's evidently Ice Magic, based on using IceShock's SFX, & Spamton Neo's dialogue before it, & & considering Noelle hardly acknowledges SnowGrave, it probably wasn't SnowGrave.
It uses IceShock's sound effect, which doesn't hit 3 times, yet shows 3 damage numbers. If it was really one REALLY strong IceShock, I think they'd use a single damage number, just with a big value.
As for why only 1 sound effect.... I'm unsure. My best guess is Toby chose only 1 for "auditory aesthetic"; 3 of the Sound Effect in rapid succession might sound weird, since it might just mean the same SFX repeating a couple of times, or overlapping over one another.

Should kris be given broadway force?
Maybe Limited Broadway Force? They tell Susie & Ralsei to dance, & to do so with Sweet, Cap'n or K_K. However, the latter 3 always stop dancing after a turn, with their reasoning in dialogue that I can't remember at this time. Anyone willing to check that dialogue?

At the end of the battle, everyone is dancing, & that seems to persuade Sweet Cap'n Cakes to let the Delta Warriors "join them". However, it's explicit that Susie chooses to dance on her own, she forces Ralsei to do so, or at least learn, & I don't remember if the player inputs to make Kris dance with... who's who's partner again?
On THAT grounds, Kris might have Broadway Force, because they made 1 member of Sweet Cap'n Cakes dance with them without the Player/SOUL having them act to do so.... But Sweet Cap'n Cakes seem like people who just like dancing so much that they probably don't need to be forced to accept the request. (Hence me feeling we should consult the dialogue.)

The Player/SOUL might have it, though, since they can command characters to do so through ACT-ing. Might have it through S-Action &/or R-Action, too, but I don't remember. IDK if the player's commands in that battle are like how they are with telling Weird Route Noelle what to do, but if they are, that'd be a basis for the Player/SOUL to have it in a limited fashion, too, I think.

Last edited:
Which matters have concluded being debated, which have been accepted, & which have been rejected?
I think "Kris gaining a Light World Key, and a (non-combat applicable) Unknown via Creation/Environmental Destruction" and "Supersonic speed for the Chapter 2 party" were accepted, I don't know if the 8-A Upgrade is accepted or not tho

8-A should be fine for Thrash and Giga Queen, but I'm against anyone else scaling to it. I agree with giving Kris a key for their Light World self since they explicitly have different stats there. Where does Supersonic Speed come from, though?

8-A should be fine for Thrash and Giga Queen, but I'm against anyone else scaling to it. I agree with giving Kris a key for their Light World self since they explicitly have different stats there. Where does Supersonic Speed come from, though?
Seems like Supersonic Speed was brought up here:
I'm curious if the attacks like Tasque's meowing can be used for further justification for their speed rating. I'm also curious how we'd handle the laser attacks from Spamton and the Werewires as well as the fact the party can somewhat keep up with the electric plugs shooting their electricity at the ground and having it spread out.

I imagine Spamton's might not be legit but what's stopping the actual electrical things from having electrical attacks with the speeds of the electricity that runs through them?
Unsure if the Werewire & Werewerewires & Electric Plug attacks meet our standards for real electricity speed/AP, though.
Also, Spamton has lasers?

Isn't the former technically the SOUL dodging, rather than Kris? Technically, probably relevant for Kris, though, since the SOUL is usually "piloting" Kris (Who, at the time, was piloting the Thrash Machine... Pilot-ception?!?). But we should probably keep this in mind, since Kris & the SOUL are often treated as distinct entities, & sometimes separate, even if 1 controls the other.
Not to mention, it doesn't seem to be perfect control, even physically, since, for one, Kris can't play the piano properly, despite the player telling them to do so, & Kris seemingly frustrated about playing badly.

There may also be a case for it being aim-dodging, especially if we don't know how much of a delay there is between The Delta Warriors operating the controls (Like Susie apparently button mashing to try to punch more.) & the Thrash Machine actually taking action according to the inputs of The Delta Warriors.

But, there is the Chapter 1 supporting speed feat calc, & assuming it is actual sound, the Tasque feat may also be a supporting feat.

There should be a calc for that, then, if there isn't already one that's been accepted.
Isn't the former technically the SOUL dodging, rather than Kris? Technically, probably relevant for Kris, though, since the SOUL is usually "piloting" Kris (Who, at the time, was piloting the Thrash Machine... Pilot-ception?!?). But we should probably keep this in mind, since Kris & the SOUL are often treated as distinct entities, & sometimes separate, even if 1 controls the other.
Not to mention, it doesn't seem to be perfect control, even physically, since, for one, Kris can't play the piano properly, despite the player telling them to do so, & Kris seemingly frustrated about playing badly.
While the SOUL is a separate entity from Kris and doesn't have perfect control over them, it does clearly have a link to whoever it is controlling at any given moment, as the SOUL getting hit translates to damage for any members in the party, and only them: Susie can take damage against Lancer, but it doesn't carry over to either Kris or Ralsei; Susie is always at full HP when she joins your party for the first time regardless of how much damage Kris and Ralsei took beforehand; Noelle is only hurt in fights she participates in with Kris; etc. Yet, all of them share the same source of taking damage (the SOUL getting hit) and some enemies can even hurt all party members at once with specific attacks directed at the same SOUL.

And speaking of the first example I gave, as pointed out by Toby Fox himself in the Undertale 6th anniversary stream, the SOUL appears from the top right corner throughout the fight, which is supposed to be where Kris is located, and yet Kris doesn't even seem to notice the SOUL getting hit.
There may also be a case for it being aim-dodging, especially if we don't know how much of a delay there is between The Delta Warriors operating the controls (Like Susie apparently button mashing to try to punch more.) & the Thrash Machine actually taking action according to the inputs of The Delta Warriors.
Why would it be aim-dodging? I'm not denying the possibility, but what are your reasons for thinking this?

There should be a calc for that, then, if there isn't already one that's been accepted.
Agreed.
While the SOUL is a separate entity from Kris and doesn't have perfect control over them, it does clearly have a link to whoever it is controlling at any given moment, as the SOUL getting hit translates to damage for any members in the party, and only them: Susie can take damage against Lancer, but it doesn't carry over to either Kris or Ralsei;
How do we know a given party member being the target isn't the enemy's choice rather than the SOUL's choice, given that enemies seem to be Soul Manipulation users in Deltarune, AFAIK?
Susie is always at full HP when she joins your party for the first time regardless of how much damage Kris and Ralsei took beforehand; Noelle is only hurt in fights she participates in with Kris; etc
But unlike Susie vs Lancer, where the SOUL moves from Kris & Ralsei's cell (IIRC, Toby said this was why we can see it move in from the corner it does; To indicate it's coming from Kris to the battle.), the SOUL isn't present for those other battles.
Yet, all of them share the same source of taking damage (the SOUL getting hit) and some enemies can even hurt all party members at once with specific attacks directed at the same SOUL.
Don't some enemies change who their attack will damage mid-hit, or continue to damage party members that are DOWN?
If the SOUL is choosing who is affected, why would it do this?

Likewise, if attacks are roughly equal for each member, then what about outside of battle, where some things (Such as the dancers in the forest & the falling music bars during parts of Cyber Field.), which damage all party members?
If the SOUL can choose who takes damage, & the attacks damage roughly equally why would it let some attacks damage EVERYONE present, instead of just one of them, if that one wouldn't take more damage taking the attack alone?

I'm skeptic the SOUL has that much control over who gets hit, even if it can transfer the damage.
And speaking of the first example I gave, as pointed out by Toby Fox himself in the Undertale 6th anniversary stream, the SOUL appears from the top right corner throughout the fight, which is supposed to be where Kris is located, and yet Kris doesn't even seem to notice the SOUL getting hit.
In this case, though, (besides that Kris isn't nearby, which may not be that relevant.), Lancer isn't targeting Kris, but Susie. (Before he loses his will to even hit anyway.)
Why would it be aim-dodging? I'm not denying the possibility, but what are your reasons for thinking this?
The missiles are seen being fired, they change direction to home in, & there's a window between them exiting Giga Queen's chest, & then entering the bullet board. Noting what direction the coming missiles are going in & reacting in advance seems very possible here.

By default, as long as the character can see the source of the attack/projectile (for example, a character having line of sight on a soldier pointing a gun at them), the feat will be considered aim dodging unless one or more of the following conditions are fulfilled:
  1. The attack/projectile's path is non-linear and/or unpredictable in such a way that it makes aim dodging by perception impossible. For example, an attack that follows a random path or bends its path in the air. However, previous knowledge of the attack/projectile's pattern will count as aim dodging unless sufficient proof to the contrary can be presented, as the attack could be dodged via prior knowledge instead of reaction. Precognition, future sight, or any ability or skill that help the character predict the attack's path beforehand in any form are also considered as "prior knowledge".
  2. The character is clearly and explicitly shown to move after the attack/projectile is in motion, depicting quite clearly that the character is reacting to the attack/projectile itself and not its source. For example, a character who is shot at, moving the body after the bullet has left the gun, to dodge it. Just having the attack/projectile be shown in motion simultaneously with the dodge or the attack/projectile be shown in motion with the dodger off panel is not enough. The projectile must be shown in motion with the dodger in the same panel and the dodge coming afterwards. These two feats would not be allowed, but these two would.

....Though, considering that, in retrospect, I'm unsure if that part IS actually aim-dodging, since homing attacks may be non-linear. But there may also be "previous knowledge" of the attack/projectile pattern may be involved, given that's kind of a big part of dodging for the SOUL in Deltarune, & I'm also unsure if Queen can't use missiles more than once per battle or not.

I already know that the enemies simply target different party members and that the SOUL isn't the one choosing who gets hit. I guess it's my fault because I got off-track, so let's just get to the point: since we accept the battle sequences as literal, and since we already use that to scale the party members' AP and durability, I'd say it's fine to scale the SOUL's reactions to the party members' speed. We already do this for Undertale, anyway, so there's a precedent for it.

I don't have anything to say about the aim-dodging thing right now.

I already know that the enemies simply target different party members and that the SOUL isn't the one choosing who gets hit. I guess it's my fault because I got off-track, so let's just get to the point: since we accept the battle sequences as literal, and since we already use that to scale the party members' AP and durability, I'd say it's fine to scale the SOUL's reactions to the party members' speed. We already do this for Undertale, anyway, so there's a precedent for it.
Eh, I guess? Feels like the SOUL is the one doing the dodging, so it doesn't feel like Susie or Ralsei's perceptions reflexes don't matter. But in theory, they should be comparable to Kris, who seems like they can operate as quickly as the SOUL can (If only to follow the commands.), even if there's evidence the SOUL lacks ideal control.

With Undertale, we couldn't see Frisk themself during battles, just the SOUL.
Plus there's a little more of a separation between SOUL & player character in DR than with UT's SOUL & Frisk, isn't there, though?
I don't have anything to say about the aim-dodging thing right now.
Fair enough.

look, I just have a problem with monsters from part 1 remaining 9-B, Spantamob(base) has a dialogue referring to being weaker than Jevil, if monsters from part 2 are all 8-B, that would include Spantamon( base), so this upgrade would be valid for the Jevil and consequently for the other monsters from part 1

Guys...this Noelle profile seems...off...

This one is very... Off

look, I just have a problem with monsters from part 1 remaining 9-B, Spantamob(base) has a dialogue referring to being weaker than Jevil, if monsters from part 2 are all 8-B, that would include Spantamon( base), so this upgrade would be valid for the Jevil and consequently for the other monsters from part 1
Well, someone elsse agree?

this page is more off-putting than the snowgrave route

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back