• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

E-Eternamax would just have a big gun in his singular hand and whenever he attacks he one-shots your pokemon.

Lavcore said:
if gamefreak knows whats good for them then there will be.
there would be riots in the streets if they said they aren't making the DPP remakes.
1. They don't

2 They don't care becoz the shills will still buy them

listen people went crazy because of a sandwich imagine the absolute chaos that would unfold from not doing the Gen 4 remakes.

the #thankyougamefreak crowd will still support them and make fun of people being entitled brats for wanting a Gen 4 remake or really anything more than what they get just because they spend $60.

Sadly, both are right. It's basically the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut but with DP remakes. They'll likely happen eventually, but asking for them every gen won't get you anywhere.

The Snyder Cut is clearly better than the theatrical version, the problem is that doesn't mean the Snyder Cut is ACTUALLY GOOD. People appear to forget Snyder is the same guy who made Batman v Superman and Man of Steel, so I seriously doubt his version of Justice League was actually good.

I mean, he is not entirely wrong, as a fan of pokémon that I am I want to see my franchise evolve, progress and see that offers a product worthy of its popularity, something that seems more and more difficult, if the rest of fans simply buy the games without questioning anything, simply by the mere fact that these games have PokémonÔäó written on the cover, and the worst thing are the fanatics that try to silence any criticism towards the franchise and its numerous flaws.

I just want the new pokémon games to be better than what we're currently getting because I really know they can be a lot better.

Neo, you just made me sad, since what you said will never happen. Such a shame, but that's the world we live in. Money is everything in this corrupt world.

can i just say that the dex cut was truely a bad decision? pokemon is nintendos second best selling franchise (Behind only mario). they are expected to put in tremundous work. and it cant be defended when they are using already existing models for the pokemon that already made it in.

seriously, defending that is just a way for them to slowly, but surely keep removing features from the games. they started by cutting down the national dex, now they are going for pokemon, AND EVEN MOVES.

i wish too. i wouldnt even be mad about the dex if they were actually going to do the models from scratch. evolve the pokemon mechanics, like games evolve over time. i would trow my money to them if that was the case.

USUM have half more content than ShSw and they are only worth 40 dollars.

and as much i people critisise those games, they have the mechanics and the pokemons from every previous generation.

i cant say that the new games are garbage because they arent, but it is definitely not an overall improvement over the last gen, except for graphics cause its a switch game.

most of the new pokemon are awsomely designed tho. that is a plus on their side. they really put effort into them.

btw, irrelevant, but during the E-Eternatus fight, for a minute there, i thought hop and the main character were gonna tackle eternatus with the sword and shield lol. wouldve been funny seeing humans tackle a legendary like that.

You know, I fund it funny how people who choose to buy the games are simply blind fans without a conscious. There are simply those who could careless about the national dex and simply enjoy the games for what they are. These people can also choose criticize something they like and want things to improve. Them buying the game does not change that. Also don't act like there is only one side that has extremists as just as there are blind and extreme supporters, there are toxic and extreme opponents. It's a two way street and both sides have been equally shit. Like don't get me ******* started with this bullshit controversy.

If you get the game, that's your choice.

If you don't get the game, that's your choice.

Don't ******* shame someone for buying a product you don't care for and vice versa.

im glad you can at least use E-Eternatus as a move, and wasnt just a boss fight form only.

its a beautiful looking move.

Yeah, I don't, personally, care much about the National Dex, and wanted to try the games out.

While lackluster, and WAY too short, they do contain the most fun mechanic there has been in a Pokemon game in several generations: Max Raids.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Yeah, my pride as Pokemon fans slowly faded away if this continue
The Pokémon fandom has always been awful, you can't say anything without creating this stupid arguments.

I'm thinking there's No Happiness in Pokemon fandom

Oh well, i'm thinking i gonna out from the Pokemon fandom, foolish me who want to enjoying this childhood franchise, but in the end succumbed by all of this drama bullcrap

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you mentally train yourself to replace every word from the toxic parts of fandoms with "Cabbages".

I don't know about how the fandom was in the past, and frankly, I don't care, but people have legit reasons to be angry at the moment.

I don't much care about those too, since I don't have a Switch, I don't have money to buy the game and the obligatory Pokecloud or whatever online service that is, and I never felt the urge to play the games since they went 3D, not for any hate for 3D, but because money.

At least the waifus are nice and the fan arts are at a steady stream. I also like how Sonia specifically noted herself as an adult.

i dont know why a good chunk of the pokemon fandom doesnt like when people are genuenly dissapointed about a game, and there are legit critism towards the game?

Ovrhide said:
i dont know why a good chunk of the pokemon fandom doesnt like when people are genuenly dissapointed about a game, and there are legit critism towards the game?
The issue isn't that. There's definitely issues with these games.

The issue is that many people act like Sw/Sh is the worst thing since EA, and that anyone who want to enjoy the games are shills, and that anyone who has anything good at all to say about the games are wrong.

I heard B/W has the best story. Can't confirm, as I kind of rushed them, since Pokemon Bank had just come out when I got them, and I wanted to transfer my old 'mons, all the way from Ruby up to X/Y.

Ionliosite said:
These games are clearly not the worst Pokémon games. Black & White exists.
black and white? dont see whats wrong about them that make them the worst. they are finished games with a decent story who where the first game in the core series to feature animated pokemon in battle. diamond and pearl are likely the worst base games in the core series, while platinum elivated gen 4 to a very high pedestal,

tho SwSh and not garbage, i think people exaggerate their disappointment to a great extend. the games are lack luster, thats basically the outrage. its lack in content thats dissapointing, in terms of graphics, its really good looking. and its enjoyable to say the least.

the best praise i could give it is the pokemon designs. there are a bunch of pokemon in this game that look wonderful. they really did them selves in that regards.

Tbh, the Dexit and the graphics rush isn't even what makes me shake my head at Gamefreak.

It's that they blatantly lied. Not even omit some things or made it vague, but lied. They cut out some 45% of the National Dex and their reason for doing so is because they had to rebuild the pokemon models from the ground, up. They didn't.

Am I on the hate train? No, not really. I enjoy watching that streamer guy on Youtube playing the game, ******** on the rival guy for being weak as crap, laughing at the champion for getting lost, going from disturbed to turned on by the really long handshakes, and fawning over the balls guy. But yeah, they dropped Pokemon big time this gen.

Was it confirmed that they didn't rebuild the models. I could have sworn that it was only a similar wireframe.

Back