• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electro is a bit weird. Him scaling to lightning is mostly based on like, the storm riding from NWH and Electro's from other universes being MHS+. His showings in TASM2 have some notable anti-feats attached to them speed wise. But Electro has shown to have 9-B to 9-A feats on his own so his powers being 8-C isn't that wild of an assumption. He's also faster than all of the Spider-Men (at least in his energy mode) and they don't need to be as fast as lightning to avoid it in most situations.

Electro is a bit weird. Him scaling to lightning is mostly based on like, the storm riding from NWH and Electro's from other universes being MHS+. His showings in TASM2 have some notable anti-feats attached to them speed wise. But Electro has shown to have 9-B to 9-A feats on his own so his powers being 8-C isn't that wild of an assumption. He's also faster than all of the Spider-Men (at least in his energy mode) and they don't need to be as fast as lightning to avoid it in most situations.
Worth mentioning he already upscaled his own Spider-Man before getting the Arc Reactor

Electro is a bit weird. Him scaling to lightning is mostly based on like, the storm riding from NWH and Electro's from other universes being MHS+.
Eh, the only other Electro we were comparing him to is really only his TASM2 self. His other counterparts were never even a point of debate.

His showings in TASM2 have some notable anti-feats attached to them speed wise.
Not necessarily, TASM2 Electro can also summon actual cloud-to-ground lightning if the building-smashing bolts and car flipping bolts are to be considered, where they descend straight from the clouds.

But Electro has shown to have 9-B to 9-A feats on his own so his powers being 8-C isn't that wild of an assumption.
A lot of those feats are just... uncalc'd. His current accepted voltage calc really doesn't do his powers justice. Like, at all.

He's also faster than all of the Spider-Men (at least in his energy mode) and they don't need to be as fast as lightning to avoid it in most situations.
Yeah, the Spideys only have MHS+ combat speed, short-burst speed and reactions for merely reacting to and briefly outspeeding lightning and consistently dodging it, and their movement speeds are a lot, lot slower (Tobey was Subsonic I think? Andrew was too). Electro on the other hand however, should be "At least MHS+" outright given that he can consistently outspeed them and can literally transform into natural lightning and go storm-riding or whatever.

Overall tho, Electro remains stronger than the Spideys at his peak, even without the Arc Reactor. Andrew could really only defeat him by making him overload on his own energy.

Last edited:
This is the one I'm talking about. Before he fully hijacked the building.
Watch the video until 2:59. When it pans up it shows all of the lightning bolts came from that building. Electro never fired cloud to ground lightning, he fired energy bolts from the building he was inside. At 3:15 to 3:16 you can even see bolts from the building go to areas he previously damaged on the street.

I don't believe there's evidence that that's the same building and it wouldn't matter anyways. The formation of lightning is shown in the clouds (pretty much the flashing of lightning) during the plane scenes when the lightning is going off from that point

Watch the video until 2:59. When it pans up it shows all of the lightning bolts came from that building. Electro never fired cloud to ground lightning, he fired energy bolts from the building he was inside.
Huh, could've sworn those came from the cloud given that the clouds were being lit up a bit.

Either way, the bolts were still causing way more damage than a typical IRL lightning bolt would do (Like damaging building sides and flipping cars), which sorta qualifies, I guess? Normal CtG lightning bolts can't usually do much to buildings at all due to the insulation protection, meaning Electro's bolts were OP enough to punch through that even.

I don't believe there's evidence that that's the same building and it wouldn't matter anyways. The formation of lightning is shown in the clouds (pretty much the flashing of lightning) during the plane scenes when the lightning is going off from that point
Oh yeah, Electro's lightning was going that far to interfere with an airplane's electronics.

Kinda confused rn, what Electro calcs are there? The old 8-A one was bullshit since that calculated the electrical energy of the entire city in which 1. probably doesn't scale to stats 2. he got overloaded

Can someone link all the newer Electro calcs?

clouds were being lit up a bit.
Those actually weren't smoke from damaged buildings. You can tell because the origin point is all wrong.

If you mean in the background then the bolts never reach the clouds. They just stop in the air.
The formation of lightning is shown in the clouds (pretty much the flashing of lightning) during the plane scenes when the lightning is going off from that point
That wasn't lightning. That was the hazard light from the planes that send out bright lights.

Kinda confused rn, what Electro calcs are there? The old 8-A one was bullshit since that calculated the electrical energy of the entire city in which 1. probably doesn't scale to stats 2. he got overloaded

Can someone link all the newer Electro calcs?
There's that 9-B one, but its pretty much high downplay given his place on the scaling chain (such as upscaling Spider-Man and him + Giant Sandman being comparable)

That wasn't lightning. That was the hazard light from the planes that send out bright lights.
Not talking about that. If you watch the scene closely, you can see separate flashes in the clouds. Even then, the lightning interred with the planes

If you watch the scene closely, you can see separate flashes in the clouds.
I watched the scene multiple times. Not only is there no rain the only flashes I see are from the plane's hazard lights on the wings.
Even then, the lightning interred with the planes
That was Electro himself at the power plant. He's shown to be able to mess with all electronics even when he's not in direct contact with them.

mean, this isn't exactly something we're denying.
Oh I get that. I'm just saying it wasn't cloud lightning that was messing with the planes. It was just Electro. As soon as Electro is overloaded everything instantly starts working again.

I watched the scene multiple times. Not only is there no rain the only flashes I see are from the plane's hazard lights on the wings.
Lightning can occur without rain, I've seen it in real life myself. Its also easy to differentiate the hazards from the lightning given the hazards specifically are coloured lights. Though again, shouldn't matter given what is covered in NWH and how we've generally agreed this isn't an issue
What about the 8-B calc?
I seriously have no clue on how to validate or invalidate that and I'd honestly rather not touch that until covering everything on this thread (which I would feel definitely on if that was an official calc that could be looked at)

Though again, shouldn't matter given what is covered in NWH
I agree, I was just stating that Electro's MHS+ rating has mostly two justifications; the NWH cloud thing and upscaling from MCU Peter. TASM2 has to many issues on its own for legitimate lightning speed.

I agree, I was just stating that Electro's MHS+ rating has mostly two justifications; the NWH cloud thing and upscaling from MCU Peter. TASM2 has to many issues for legitimate lightning speed honestly.
Eh, I guess it won't matter, Andrew's going up to MHS+ via scaling to the other Spider-Men and Electro in NWH anyway, he doesn't use the Arc Reactor for travel purposes anyway, he only ever uses it twice, against Tom for the Unibeams, so you could argue that unamped Electro in NWH would pretty much be comparable to his TASM2 full-power self, this is his pre-overload self after all, no reason to assume he couldn't storm-ride in TASM2 without the Arc Reactor in hand.

Last edited:
Kinda crazy how we live in a world where TASM Electro uses a Unibeam in an actual MCU movie

I feel the need to emphasis how absolutely absurd this is. There was no immediate physical danger, and yet, Peter managed to sense a hostile personality, that was concealing itself.
IKR? That's more in line with how the busted 616 Spider-Sense works

It was also presented incredibly great in the movie

Also what are the proposed lifting strength revisions
That's prolly gonna be handled in the MCU Iron Man Mark 46 downgrades.

Right now we're looking at the wall lifting feat in SM2, the upscaled Rhino thingy in Black Panther and we might try looking at a few Captain America feats if everything in Agents of Shield is deemed non-canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back