• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Relativistic Spider Verse characters would be great

I'm new to the thread, but will Miles scale to Spidey Unlimited's speed?
Shouldn't, they're cameos, just references. Characters should scale to their own feats and share a scaling between themselves if they're original characters like the main crew of both movies.

That's kind of a weird one to use, wasn't he on the verge of death afterwards?
That was after fighting Goblin for who knows how long, boxing with Prowler and getting knocked on his ass twice, straight up saying "I'm so tired", and being held in the collision of the collider beams which badly damaged him

Outright scaling to the 8-B explosion sounds fine

I don’t know why this keeps coming up. There aren’t cameos. They aren’t homages. They aren’t Easter eggs. They are the characters, genuinely. Miguel did not create and assemble an entire society for any of them to be considered cameos; no one would even suggest this line of logic for the characters that showed up in Spider-Verse and Spider-Geddon.

We see an on-screen visualization of canon, and breaking canon, and how it’s consistent across universes. It wouldn’t add anything for them being there just to be there, they’re established, existing characters in the overarching narrative.

They are cameos, they are homages and they are also easter eggs. It doesn't exclude them from being characters. They're there just for you to see them and think "Oh, I remember that one from my childhood"

Scaling 10 or more characters because Miles dodged a single punch from one cameo Spider-Man that has a feat is wrong, hardly will pass.

And I'll repeat: The Spider-Verse verse (lol) characters like Miles, Peter, Miguel, Gwen etc should all scale to their own feats, the stuff they do in the movies, and not wank them because muhhh they dodged a punch from Unlimited Spider-Man

They are cameos, they are homages and they are also easter eggs. It doesn't exclude them from being characters. They're there just for you to see them and think "Oh, I remember that one from my childhood"

Scaling 10 or more characters because Miles dodged a single punch from one cameo Spider-Man that has a feat is wrong, hardly will pass.
Idk how you could say for example Spectacular Spidey in ATSV is just a homage when in the canon event explanation scene they show footage from his show on top of showing that his universe's Captain Stacy died, presumably after the events of the second season.

Is there something suggesting the alt. universe Spider-Men (specifically the ones that are relevant to scaling) aren't the actual characters? If not I don't see an issue with speed scaling.

Last edited:
I don’t particularly care if you say that, for example, Ben Reilly in the movie is simply an alternative version of the mainline Ben, therefore he can’t be scaled to 616. But there’s no way you can make statements from characters that didn’t even originate from the comics.

Insomniac is wearing the Advanced Suit 2.0 in accordance of Spider-Man 2, Spectacular Spider-Man personally came forward and told him the truth in an attempt to console him, etc.

I don’t particularly care if you say that, for example, Ben Reilly in the movie is simply an alternative version of the mainline Ben, therefore he can’t be scaled to 616. But there’s no way you can make statements from characters that didn’t even originate from the comics.

Insomniac is wearing the Advanced Suit 2.0 in accordance of Spider-Man 2, Spectacular Spider-Man personally came forward and told him the truth in an attempt to console him, etc.
Insomniac, Spectacular, and Unlimted also appeared in the posters

Miles dodged him swinging at his direction
You can chalk that up to swing speed ≠ combat speed but eh

If there’s a statement that suggests them to be cameos. I’ll concede on it. There isn’t. Because they aren’t.
Huh? Concede what? This ain't happening dude, scaling them to one character ain't happening, I don't need a statement for something as obvious as the cameos.
Idk how you could say for example Spectacular Spidey in ATSV is just a homage when in the canon event explanation scene they show footage from his show on top of showing that his universe's Captain Stacy died, presumably after the events of the second season.
My brother in Christ he'd there just for the sake of being there, he's a cameo, he's a homage of a beloved character of a cancelled show. He's not relevant at all.

I'm not saying they aren't the same characters from their own media, I strongly believe they're the same, which does not stop them from being cameos. They're cameos, they do retain the same stats but it doesn't mean we should totally ignore the Spider-Verse movies feats and go with whatever the highest value is. Actually, I don't even know why yall are are arguing about this cameo thing, that I need a statement or something, really, I don't. I'm just saying they should scale to their own feats rather than scaling to one instance of Miles dodging someone or punching someone. Makes no sense, and the wiki will hardly accept it.

Huh? Concede what? This ain't happening dude, scaling them to one character ain't happening, I don't need a statement for something as obvious as the cameos.
You made the assertion, I don’t see why you wouldn’t prove the claim. I don’t perceive them as cameos, neither do others. If you want to convince me, you’ll need a statement, because I have no reason to believe that they are.

You’re saying the wiki wouldn’t accept it, yet two mods just did.

One character can have multiple variants of themselves, right? And we don't know if this Unlimited Spiderman performed that feat in the first place.

I would rather scale the Spider-Verse to their own feats rather than a random, obscure variation we know nothing about.

Though I have the feeling that they will end up scaling to the MCU Spider-Men eventually.

Based on how the film establishes the multiple universes being connected, I do think these other Spider-People are scalable

Do I think everyone’s gonna suddenly scale to one, stronger Spidey from a cartoon? No, not so far. But stuff like Miles explicitly dodging a punch from Unlimited? Yeah I would honestly say that’s scalable

Reminder, the canon events specifically show events from the original media. They even refer to them with names such as “Insomniac”

Again, I wanna stress that I’m note saying we should look at the most powerful Spider-Man that appears in the film and change the ratings to scale to that since there’s nothing to support that rn. But stuff like dodging a punch from Unlimited seems pretty cut and dry

Side note, this has gotta be the best Spider-Man movie, unmatched IMO

You made the assertion, I don’t see why you wouldn’t prove the claim. I don’t perceive them as cameos, neither do others. If you want to convince me, you’ll need a statement, because I have no reason to believe that they are.

You’re saying the wiki wouldn’t accept it, yet two mods just did.
Not how it works brother, one character that is a variant of Spider-Man appears for 3 seconds and you want me to believe he's not a cameo? Also, what's a cameo for you? The illuminati in Doctor Strange MoM are cameos, Patrick Stewart returning to his character is a cameo, so is the fan cast of Krasinski as Reed Richards. Like, what the ****? I don't need to prove anything, they're cameos, but it doesn't change anything here. Wer'e arguing semantics right now.

They're not scalable, this is my point.

I would rather scale the Spider-Verse to their own feats rather than a random, obscure variation we know nothing about.
Unlimited already has a profile, so this comment just comes off as ignorant at best.

One character can have multiple variants of themselves, right? And we don't know if this Unlimited Spiderman performed that feat in the first place.
Actually, we can assume at the very least the animated versions of these characters are the ones that we knew of. Once again, Insomniac Spider-Man is (as Lonkitt said) referred to as Insomniac Spider-Man, and he’s wearing his Advanced Suit 2.0, which only exists in Spider-Man 2, Spectacular Spider-Man outright as a scene that we didn’t even get to see in the original running of the show, that being Captain Stacy dying, which implies the events of the show still happened.

Josh Keaton even makes his return to voice the character, and has made multiple interviews on why SSM took the stance he did, it’s just so blatant there’s really nothing to suggest otherwise besides arbitrary wiki standards.

I'd agree if one of the variants we get had something like, a proper fight, a proper way to scale them. If SPEC had fought Miles I'd be the one here fighting for the scaling.

We're trying to scale completely different characters from different media, to one single (or 2, even) shown of comparable strength.

Not how it works brother, one character that is a variant of Spider-Man appears for 3 seconds and you want me to believe he's not a cameo? Also, what's a cameo for you? The illuminati in Doctor Strange MoM are cameos, Patrick Stewart returning to his character is a cameo, so is the fan cast of Krasinski as Reed Richards. Like, what the ****? I don't need to prove anything, they're cameos, but it doesn't change anything here. Wer'e arguing semantics right now.

If this were like MoM, I would be on your side. But they explicitly tell us “these are the guys from the specific cartoons/movies/games”. It’s not at all vague

Unlimited already has a profile, so this comment just comes off as ignorant at best.
As the guy who made Unlimited’s page, I find the “we know nothing about him” comment funny

Actually, we can assume at the very least the animated versions of these characters are the ones that we knew of. Once again, Insomniac Spider-Man is (as Lonkitt said) referred to as Insomniac Spider-Man, and he’s wearing his Advanced Suit 2.0, which only exists in Spider-Man 2, Spectacular Spider-Man outright as a scene that we didn’t even get to see in the original running of the show, that being Captain Stacy dying, which implies the events of the show still happened.

Josh Keaton even makes his return to voice the character, and has made multiple interviews on why SSM took the stance he did, it’s just so blatant there’s really nothing to suggest otherwise besides arbitrary wiki standards.
Spec has gotta be the most blatant example of the legitimacy here. We see a shot from his cartoon, we get Josh back in the voice, it’s been addressed this is literally the Spectacular version

Not how it works brother, one character that is a variant of Spider-Man appears for 3 seconds and you want me to believe he's not a cameo?
Unlimited makes several appearances beforehand.

The illuminati in Doctor Strange MoM are cameos, Patrick Stewart returning to his character is a cameo, so is the fan cast of Krasinski as Reed Richards. Like, what the ****? I don't need to prove anything, they're cameos, but it doesn't change anything here. Wer'e arguing semantics right now.

You continue to assert that they are cameos without actually engaging with my central point that they aren’t, with no evidence to suggest otherwise. The Illuminati is part of the plot in MoM, so I wouldn’t consider them cameos.

If this were like MoM, I would be on your side. But they explicitly tell us “these are the guys from the specific cartoons/movies/games”. It’s not at all vague
I know, I said I believe they're the ones from their own media, which doesn't stop them from being a cameo, special guest, whatever you want to call. This isn't relevant though.

Another thing too. Miles dodging Unlimited isn’t some far off detail you need to zoom and enhance to find. It’s actually focused on with a close up of Miles dodging, and Unlimited’s face becoming regretful when he accidentally hits an ally

Unlimited makes several appearances beforehand.
I was talking about SSM at this specific comment. Even if Unlimited makes tons of appearences, I'd much rather scale them to their own feats and not based on Unlimited Spider-Man from a show from decades ago. Not that it being old invalidates some sort of scaling, but the characters have tons of feats which I guess won't make them anywhere closer to what Unlimited is scaling to.
You continue to assert that they are cameos without actually engaging with my central point that they aren’t, with no evidence to suggest otherwise. The Illuminati is part of the plot in MoM, so I wouldn’t consider them cameos.
You clearly don't know what the **** a cameo is, do you? But anyway, they're cameo but this isn't relevant at all.

You clearly don't know what the **** a cameo is, do you? But anyway, they're cameo but this isn't relevant at all.
I mean, I know what you’re saying, but it’s hard to call it a simple cameo when it’s addressed these are the real versions. Dismissing them as faceless references is debunked hard by the canon events scene

Even if Unlimited makes tons of appearences, I'd much rather scale them to their own feats and not based on Unlimited Spider-Man from a show from decades ago.
That’s you, and that’s fine, I simply disagree.

I do, I don’t think they are cameos, that’s all. I continue to ask you why you believe them to be, and you’re giving me circular reasoning.

The thing is, Miles would only be scaling to Unlimited in speed. It’s not like his entire tier is getting bumped to 8-A

This isn’t as drastic as a change as some make it out to be

I mean, I know what you’re saying, but it’s hard to call it a simple cameo when it’s addressed these are the real versions. Dismissing them as faceless references is debunked hard by the canon events scene
It doesn't really matter, they're cameos in my view, since they fit the perfect defition of it:

a small character part in a play or movie, played by a distinguished actor or a celebrity.

In this case, none of the cameo Spider-Man in Spider-Society plays a major role, the major roles in this movie are played by the characters originated from it like Miguel, Spider-Punk and India Spider-Man, and the previous movie, Miles, Gwen, Peter and then Noir, the pig that I totally forgot the name and Penny.

"Played by a distinguished actor or a celebirty", Spec is in the exact same art style from his comic, so is Ben and Unlimited. They're the same characters, play a small role, are there just for "haha cool reference from my childhood cartoon" and nothing more. They enter the defition of cameo, but does it change anything? No, since they're the same from their own media, Spec is from his cartoon, so is Ben and Unlimited.

Milly thinks "cameo" somewhat makes them like, not the exact same from their original media, he got it totally wrong. They're cameo by definition.

The thing is, Miles would only be scaling to Unlimited in speed. It’s not like his entire tier is getting bumped to 8-A
Still disagree. Miles should be scaling to his own speed feats. Not depending from a different Spider-Man from a cartoon from the 90s.

Back