• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Space-Time Manipulation For All Pokemon

Gastly creates a spatial loop in USUM:

"Night, stairs, cursed. You go up and up, but still same place. You can't go down, either. Circle, circle. Can't go back."

"Once they reach 2F, the player feels a cold breeze. Even if they go up or down the stairs, they remain on 2F. If the player goes to the west side of the floor, they notice the bulletin board. One piece of paper has black stains on it, which indicates the lower left, upper left, lower right, then upper right corner. If the player steps on the sparkles on the floor in these corners of 2F in that order, they can use the stairs again. When proceeding to 1F, they are immediately attacked by a wild Gastly."

Gastly creates a spatial loop in USUM:

"Night, stairs, cursed. You go up and up, but still same place. You can't go down, either. Circle, circle. Can't go back."

"Once they reach 2F, the player feels a cold breeze. Even if they go up or down the stairs, they remain on 2F. If the player goes to the west side of the floor, they notice the bulletin board. One piece of paper has black stains on it, which indicates the lower left, upper left, lower right, then upper right corner. If the player steps on the sparkles on the floor in these corners of 2F in that order, they can use the stairs again. When proceeding to 1F, they are immediately attacked by a wild Gastly."

Very interesting. I never saw this in USUM, good finding.

I am in support of this now considering the overwhelming amount of evidence of various species being presented here. It would be pretty nonsensical at this point to approach this with a limited group mentality.

Okay so back to this part:

3-D would be the standard, but the things that suggest 4-D would be the Distortion World (since the Giratina movie acknowledges things outside of the Creations Trio being great enough to destablize the balance between time and space) and we also have things like Tiritoga being able to stabilize and destroy a space-time distortion that connects the past and present to each other, which is said to transcend time.

And the one with Baltoy.
If this will be added, which it’s now likely to, we need to discuss the potency of it.

The scale of it’s definitely low, but the potency is a different conversation.

Again, can space time manip, related to to a already 3D world, be 3D Itself, because least time i checked out space time is 4D.

I agree with this now, although actual manipulations (like Natu, Ghastly, Mimikyu) should be different from just affecting/destroying stuff like Hawlucha's case.

I can agree to this due to the sheer size of evidence for it. Never thought Pokémon would get space-time Manip on their page honestly.

Now what about the scale of their space-time hax?

We have a few cases here where the scale of the ability is pretty good for them.

Like Shedninja and Ninjask lighting up Togepis dimension and erasing some of the landscape

Or Tiritoga being able to manipulate the gate of time, which transcends time to connect the worlds of the present and the past eras.

That honestly isn’t surprising considering we have some other cases with humans and space-time stuff.

Like Humans falling from Ultra Wormholes (Anabel is one IIRC) called Fallers that have Z-power surrounding them.

Or the man from the Zoroark movie who absorbed the energy of Celebi’s time ripple to see into the future.

On the side of superpowered Humans, in the games, Cheering can be amplified by Dynamax Energy to do things such as use the move Reflect or Deflect, raise Stats, and even heal Pokémon to full health. While not technically on-topic, interesting to note how Humans in-verse can utilize these strange energies to such.. unique effects.

I feel a compilation/summary of all the feats & statements presented as evidence so far (Screenshots of related dialogue in gameplay may also be helpful to help expediate evaluation.) might be useful for determining scale & potency & such.

From what I counted:

Approve (10): Udlmaster, PlozAlcachaz, LephyrTheRevanchist, ElixirBlue, 00potato, Guardian_Doge, YuriAkuto, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, Daddybrawl, & GlaceonGamez471
Neutral (6): Starter Pack, DarkDragonMedeus, Bobsican, Mil_the_cat, NeoZex6399, & XSOULOFCINDERX
Disagree (3): AKM Sama, Cropfist, & Matthew Schroeder

Some of the neutrals might have changed though because NeoZex seems to be in favor of it now and a couple others said they would be willing to support it if more evidence was added (there have been like six more feats added to the OP at this point + 2 more in Rotom and Malamar that should be added too).

Future Sight also controls time:

FutureSightManga.jpg

9fe120109338c77cf465eb7a4b73b510._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Update on the the list then:

Approve (14): Udlmaster, PlozAlcachaz, LephyrTheRevanchist, ElixirBlue, 00potato, Guardian_Doge, YuriAkuto, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, Daddybrawl, GlaceonGamez471, GiverOfThePeace, Rikimarox2, Mil_the_cat, & NeoZex6399
Neutral (4): Starter Pack, DarkDragonMedeus, Bobsican, & XSOULOFCINDERX
Disagree (3): AKM Sama, Cropfist, & Matthew Schroeder

Don't forget Mimikyu creating a room in his trial too. I think we have it as space stuff.

Oh yeah 2 more cases that I should’ve remembered by heart.

Beheeyem creating pocket dimensions in Black and White and Duoshin being able to create a portal in space-time to enter it.

Would Gothitelle also count?

I know the Gothitelle line being able to warp space-time is mor so connected to their species abilities, but here’s the thing.

When Ash, Iris and Cilan encountered one in the anime, Gothitelles pocket dimension was created when her psybeam collided with a leaf storm from Ash’s Snivy, which arguably indicates their attacks in that moment were effecting space-time.

This ability becomes more and more blatant with each new feat.

How did this get overlooked for so long?

This ability becomes more and more blatant with each new feat.

How did this get overlooked for so long?
I personally thought of this more as a thing Psychic Pokemon should have rather than every single one before this thread was brought up (I was aware of most of the Psychic-Mon feats), but I hadn't realized there were so many Non-Psychic oriented showings of Space-Time Manipulation.

A few guys and I are currently working on a Pokemon Physiology thing right now, and we were quite surprised to see this.

Oh yeah 2 more cases that I should’ve remembered by heart.

Beheeyem creating pocket dimensions in Black and White and Duoshin being able to create a portal in space-time to enter it.
There are a lot of Dream World pocket dimension cases like this with Mismagius, Gengar, Musharna, etc. if we're including those.

Oh yeah another small side note. You know what’s interesting about Uldmasters point regarding humans?

I remember in the XY episode about Reflection Cave that when Ash’s universe was being separated from another mirror universe, Mirror Clement said the world’s can be reconnected if they wished for that to happen...

Back